State Redbacks

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see a couple of actual south aussies open the batting together. Both made starts as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see a couple of actual south aussies open the batting together. Both made starts as well.

Problem is, they both get starts and then ignore basic cricket to get out. Brazell should have waited to see if the ball cleared the fielder. He didn't and was run out. McInerney didn't get his foot across to cover the ball down the leg side, waved his bat at it and was caught down the leg side. It's annoying to see first class cricketers who lack basic skills.

Last edited:
Perfect ball to JFM. Two fielders back on the boundary, Carlisle goes upstairs, the ball above shoulder height, and JFM can't help himself. Hits under the ball, straight to one of the deep fielders. I can't believe how easily he gets sucked in.
He looks like another young player potentially ruined by T20 cricket and perhaps why Victoria cleared him.Hope I am wrong.

Don’t expect Doggett to hang around too long. Hope im wrong

What's happened to McAndrews batting? Has gone from looking like a genuine all rounder to a tail ender
I don't think you could seriously consider McAndrew an all-rounder. He's more a tailender with the ability to bat on occasion. Very much in the Cummins class. Has only made 2 scores over the 20s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is, they both get starts and then ignore basic cricket to get out. Brazell should have waited to see if the ball cleared the fielder. He didn't and was run out. McInerney didn't get his foot across to cover the ball down the leg side, waved his bat at it and was caught down the leg side. It's annoying to see first class cricketers who lack basic skills.

Unfortunately this is very true

This season right? Which is my point. Used to average over 30 which is better than most of our batsmen
Yes, as a tailend batsman. Averaged 48 last season but with 7 red inks in 13 innings. Still only 3 scores over 30. The year before, averaged 22 with 3 scores over 30.

Very handy tail end batsman to come in at 8 or 9, but all-rounder is stretching imagination.

Thought the team selection was a bit odd, 3 quicks when we normally play with 4 and carrying all of McInerney, JFM, Lehmann and Brazell. Manenti as the spinner who hasn't looked like taking wickets all season.

Great to see McSweeney end the season on a good note though.

Well done McSweeney. Urgh I knew not to walk away. Didn’t see one single wicket live

Brazell 6 innings for 104 runs, average 17.33. Made two ducks, the other 4 innings he made starts of 25, 20, 29 (run out), 30 but didn't go on with it. In view of the fact he at least attempted to protect his wicket and give the Redbacks a start, I'll give him a pass for now and he deserves to be looked at in 2024-25.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back