Freo Shark

Invasion of the Purple Haze
Oct 18, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks, Miami Heat, Wildcats, 49ers
Hoping theres some simple solutions here.

We have a faulty laptop that has some confidential financial files on it that needs to be returned to the retailer.

Is there a easy foolproof way of safely removing the data permanently so its unrecoverable?

Cheers?

3ussb7.jpg

Get a really strong magnet and run it over the hard drive. That'll do it if you cant turn it on.

don't take this advice.

writing over stuff 30x is the best way to do it - the magnet approach won't work 100%. Depends who you think might be going through your files though i guess :p

The other way is to put a drill through the HDD and various other more direct solutions

Yo Arc I have to hand in my lap top for work and wanted to know how to wipe my web memory off it. The amount of banking and passwords etc. What would you recommend?

Cheers bro

If you have administrator rights on the laptop you can go as far as formatting it to wipe everything off it, but it probably isn't necessary.

If it is just the web history you're looking at - then go into the browser and clear the cache (and make sure you select the setting to clear all saved passwords and form data).

If you have multiple browsers, do it for each one.

642akkg.png

If you have administrator rights on the laptop you can go as far as formatting it to wipe everything off it, but it probably isn't necessary.

If it is just the web history you're looking at - then go into the browser and clear the cache (and make sure you select the setting to clear all saved passwords and form data).

If you have multiple browsers, do it for each one.

642akkg.png

Legend, thanks mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back