Autopsy Review thread, 8 pt loss to the Eagles (61-69)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dahlhaus, Picken, Boyd and Libba really need to have a good look at themselves in the mirror. Not good enough. And it's not just this week.

The positive is these down hill skiers beat us by 8 points a with 6 of our best 22 out. We never lie down.

That was one of the biggest last quarters I've ever seen from Daniel, if we ran over the top of them it would have been massive.

That and GWS are two that got away, can't wait to get players back!

Tom Liberatore - 8 disposals, pure garbage. He needs an indefinite spell playing for Footscray.

Matthew Boyd - Finished. Retire.

JJ - Look before kicking please.

Bailey Dale - Clearly off the pace of AFL Level, but there's something to work with. I think we should persist playing him.

Luke Dahlhaus - Has to be one of the worst kicks in the AFL. Why does he love lobbing it high so much?

Matt Suckling - Garbage early, ok later. Overall pretty average.

Fletcher Roberts - Got absolutely spanked. Needs more help in defence.

Lukas Webb - Nice, I like it.

Caleb Daniel - Single handedly kept us in the game, along with Kennedy's kicking.

Forwards - Extend your arms when your marking for christ sake. Stop letting it bounce off your chest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are in a great deal of trouble. Top 8 on the line if we can't get out of this rut. We absolutely must win one of the next two.

Superb game from Daniel almost got us over the line by himself.

Just too costly kicking for goal and delivering inside 50.

Wallis straight swap for Libba, either spell or redt whatever injury he has as he is a liability at moment cant run cant kick.

Out: Libba
In: Wallis

I made a comment early on saying Daniel looked a little lost but glad he proved me wrong. Was definitely our best player.

Matt Boyd just has to go.

Not going to get too upset as we had so many missing from our best team it wasn't funny.

But we simply MUST win next week.

If not, I don't think we will be top 4

Seriously, that goal umpire should 100% be under scrutiny. Goal Umpiring is a rough job but she was in the perfect position to see the ball and it was clearly over the line when the Eagles defender touched it on replay. I am seething over that because that is just clear incompetence to an almost malicious degree. She even took a couple of seconds to think about it like she had to ask herself whether to go for a review or not.

How can you let a team who kicked their last goal of the match in the first few minutes of the 3rd quarter win?!?!?! Our forward line needs some major work and what is the umpire not paying dropping the ball to the West Coast player in the final 2 minutes?

We are and always have been a frustrating team to watch.

It's looking more and more like Roughead holds the key to our fortunes. Something seems really quite wrong with this team right now, as has been all season. There has to be something that will make everything click just as it did in finals last year.

We had some terrible misses at goal, as did West Coast so that balances out. We kept them to one goal in the second half, which is decent but it was a low scoring game. The big picture is September, we all know that. As long as we play finals and as long as we have most of our players to choose from, we'll be in with a sniff to go back-to-back. Good to see Redpath back out there and I hope to see Wallis back in next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back