Toast Rhys Stanley

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankyou SquishyKitty ;)

and yes, lol, we simply can't take a trick this year!
If this team does go onto make finals, after all these setbacks, toughest draw in the comp, it would be one for the ages.
You're welcome, Bobby :hearts:
We really need Stanley to do it though, don't we? Is there a case for using Simpson, to rest Stanley + get him right for finals? It's a bit of a Catch 22, Stanley needs match fitness, but we don't want him to get injured or exacerbate previous injuries? Proper management of him is crucial to our Finals hopes/success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone actually see it happen? I've not read anything regarding the occurrence of the injury, so we're all living under the same mushroom, I think, F2G.
We'll have to wait fior the GFC to tell us.
Supposedly it happened in the pack mark he tried taking midway in the 3rd qtr where he crashed to the ground

Jon Ralph may have been talking garbage, but he said during half time of the Collingwood game today that Geelong expect Stanley's injury to be minor, 'more like two weeks than two months.'

Here's hoping. If he misses the Demons game and returns after the bye, I think that'll be best case scenario.

Jon Ralph may have been talking garbage, but he said during half time of the Collingwood game today that Geelong expect Stanley's injury to be minor, 'more like two weeks than two months.'

Here's hoping. If he misses the Demons game and returns after the bye, I think that'll be best case scenario.
I like that sort of garbage if accurate.

Has Jon Ralph usually got them right more often than not?
He'd have to have some pretty solid information to suggest the club have said it will be likely two weeks off.
Not sure. He seems a credible bloke?

Seriously hope this guy does well for you. Was one of my favourites and I watched him closely for years. Good hands, great kick, quick and a very good tap ruckman. Not great at halving ruck contests but when he wins a clean tap it very often goes to advantage. One of the few players to leave my club who I would genuinely like to succeed.

I think everyone at St.Kilda recognised his best position was in the ruck. The 'breakout' game he played for us a few years back he destroyed Natinui at Subiaco. Problem is he also tore his hamstring in that game.

Yes St.Kilda tried him everywhere FF, CHF, Wing, FB (don't do that). Part of that was because in the last few years we have been terrible and tried to use him to plug all kinds of issues (ultimately this was probably good for his football education). But the other reason we played him everywhere was because whenever he was in the ruck and killing it he broke down injured. Must have happened 3 or 4 times.

Hopefully you find a way to keep his body together to play ruck. So so much potential there. Best of luck

Larkins said he has a slow injury recovery time.

"The concern is he's suffered a significant ligament sprain in the mid-foot, which is commonly known as a LisFranc sprain and is notorious for its very slow recovery time," Larkins said.

"Daniel Wells, Mitch Clark and Trent Croad are players who have had this injury in the past, so Geelong will be very cautious with Rhys.

"But I expect he may miss a minimum of a month and perhaps longer depending on the results of scans. In some cases these type of injuries linger for up to three months."

NOT GOOD!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back