Club Focus Richmond 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

That is alot to be moving in one go.

Prestia, Graham and Grimes probably could all go one more year while you move the others on and then move those three a year later. Need to keep some old heada around to help guide.

Yeah I wouldn't do them all in one go and I know it won't happen like that - just suggesting those are the ones I'd be looking at.

Prestia is stuffed and should retire before the MSD IMO.

Also have concerns about Lynch's body.

We'll never get full seasons out of them, probably not even 15 games each.

Grimes I suspect is finished but there's value to him being there this year as a mentor.

Graham isn't best 23 or even 25 IMO.

Kmac and Pickett aren't good enough and are getting on too. But I acknowledge our wing options are very poor at the moment. We should be trying alternatives to replace them.

Collina will never play for us. He has a crook back and hasn't been able to train or play VFL most of his time with us.

Dusty might go another year if he wants to and that would be great but I'd hate to see him fall off a cliff.

With McAuliffe, Brown, Young, Miller, Gibcus (hopefully), Campbell all showing plenty I think we have most of those guys covered.

We just desperately need some KPFs and wingers.

Plenty of scope to lose Baker and Graham, Prestia and Grimes retire and drop one or two players. Maybe one or two others to go. That's easily 5+ players, could be 7 or 8. Which is too many.

With the picks we have this year and the need of some other teams for points we should be able to get 3ish first rounders. Possibly 4/5 or so picks inside the top 30. That would allow a really solid regeneration of the squad.

Some of the younger talented guys get games and we turn the squad over whilst keeping a good core of older players and the Tigers are 1/2 way to a rebuild. Add in a FA or so and we might be able to stay with a competitive team (barring injuries, which right now seems like silly dream) whilst rebuilding.

That's how I view this year. Lose some of the experienced guys we can afford to, and get enough good young players to restart to depth of talent in the squad.

As a Richmond supporter with all the injuries to our experienced player the way the kids are holding up makes me pleased and can see the rebuild take place as the season goes on.

The younger talent that we have seen and the ones in the VFL doing well its only a matter of 1-2 season where they take over the mantle from Grimes , Prestia , Lynch etc

With good picks this year and a few clubs with father sons and academy kids we could do well. Few will go retirements and trades. My bet Baker and Graham. We need to draft strong and see if there are any good kids that a struggling to break in some sides worth pursuing and hit free agency.

With good picks this year and a few clubs with father sons and academy kids we could do well. Few will go retirements and trades. My bet Baker and Graham. We need to draft strong and see if there are any good kids that a struggling to break in some sides worth pursuing and hit free agency.

Will need to hit the draft hard this year I reckon.

Let’s say one of our firsts was a top ten…

All three firsts for Baker and Bolton?

Too bold? 😎

Baker yes. Bolton no ;)

Baker sounds like he is gone. Just to who and for what. great leadership, good player, versatile and experienced premiership winner. Worth a lot to a team that can fit him in.

Bolton can help us win premierships given his age and talent and how long a rebuild should take. His worth would be very high.

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."
Appreciate the effort that has gone into making this. Are you ok with us using it on our board in our trade & free agency threads?

Baker could easily just stay. Perth property market is hot atm and anyone with connections in WA would jump on board. There's a huge surge of people outside the state buying up properties in Perth for their portfolio.

Baker could easily just stay. Perth property market is hot atm and anyone with connections in WA would jump on board. There's a huge surge of people outside the state buying up properties in Perth for their portfolio.

That was already confirmed wasn’t it? Still think he will go but it’ll be a tough decision for Liam to leave

Remove this Banner Ad

Back