Riewold - is he just short of a champion?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Emberton

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2010
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
Massive tank - brilliant contested mark. Reasonable kick.

But has been towelled in 3 grannies now (last 2 by a kid who has struggled to hold a place in our 22)

Will the smother haunt him??. He will be seeing it replayed for the rest of his life.

I reckon he just doesn't quite cut it when the heat is on

his kicking lets him down at times.

if he was at least a 6/10 kick, he'd be a champion. just cant nail those set shots from 45 on a 45 degree angle when his team really needs it.

I see what you;re doing here.
Towelled in 3 grannies ?

Geez that Brown is a star yeah.

He had a damn good grannie in the first one 2010..no idea where this toweled up stuff comes from.

What is it with pies kiddies...they get lucky with the bounce of the ball in the first grannie and suddenly they;re experts on everyone ?

Champion..and possibly the best player in the game to watch when on song. Difficult season and once again dragged his mob to a grannie.

OMG. I sound like a broken record but he was very good in the first GF this year. People have short memories. He was ordinary in the replay therefore he had a rubbish finals series seems to be the common theme.

He is a champion imo. He doesn't have to be on the same level as Carey to be considered a champion.

Isn't it a bit early to put this kind of pressure on Jack? :D

No but seriously if he was a better kick there would be no doubts if he was a Champion or not.

OMG. I sound like a broken record but he was very good in the first GF this year. People have short memories. He was ordinary in the replay therefore he had a rubbish finals series.

He is a champion. He doesn't have to be on the same level as Carey to be considered a champion.
Stop bringing facts into this.

^Because Brown is a country bogan that knows how to get tanked with the boys. Also has a tough image.

his kicking lets him down at times.

if he was at least a 6/10 kick, he'd be a champion. just cant nail those set shots from 45 on a 45 degree angle when his team really needs it.

This.

Nothing to do with not standing up in grand finals, coz look at the list of gun key forwards over the years that played below par on GF day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a SNAG would say he was a champion, i say he's just a very good player, elite even, not a champion though.

That smother was laughable and wouldn't of happened to a champion

Massive tank - brilliant contested mark. Reasonable kick.

But has been towelled in 3 grannies now (last 2 by a kid who has struggled to hold a place in our 22)

Will the smother haunt him??. He will be seeing it replayed for the rest of his life.

I reckon he just doesn't quite cut it when the heat is on

that prelim final vs the bulldogs where the doggies were ahead at half time, i imagine the heat was on in the 3rd quarter. some bloke got 10 possies, 5 marks, a couple of goals, and numerous assists. something like that. think his name was rie....riew...riewoldt!

A very good "ordinary" player at this stage, not in the same class as Carey, J.Brown or L.Franklin.

If he helps win a premiership off his own boot, that would be a start.
None of them have.

This is crazy talk if Riewoldt isn't in the same class as Brown and Franklin. Franklin isn't champion status yet.

Carey > Tredrea/Riewoldt > Brown > Hall

Not sure if Hall is up there with the others but he was damn good for 3 years and handy this year.

How is L.Franklin up there with J.Brown and W.Carey?

Your'e kidding right? Franklin has a few more years of consistency to even be considered up there with the champions.

think his name was rie....riew...riewoldt!

What does that have to do with this thread? we are talking about Riewold here.

I suppose its only natural the losing captain get s a flogging but the bullshit flowing about Riewoldt has been pretty bloody short sighted and petty.

People have very short memories...just his last two seasons have included many totally dominant displays in finals. Memorable stuff if u cared enough to be unbiased and fair about it.

Last yr he dragged them kicking and screaming into a grannie off his own back during the finals. Lost the grannie so he's no good. His game in the 2009 grannie was pretty good too...its just that he was extremely well covered and wer expected dominance..but he still created many chances that his mates completely blew in front of goal.

The Geelong QF this yr he had a great game...and if u noticed his round the boundary work rucking in the last minute or so keeping it in tight u would've seen a bloke showing he's not short of a braincell either. Then he plays the dogs...they;re behind a bit and just opens up after halftime and in 1 qtr totally annihilated them...to the point where he came off halfway thru the last without needing to worry.

Then in the first grannie this yr he went well..just not dominant. But grannies arnt the place champion key fwds normally excel. It has become tougher and tougher for key fwds to dominate grannies...in fact the ones we remember like Carey made a finals name for themselves the same way Riewoldt has..not in grannies.

They havent gone into one of the grannies as favorite yeah ?..in fact the media and plenty worte them off this yr too well out from september..but he got the job done ald simply fell JUST short at the final hurdle.

I cant imagine how he'd feel after the second yr running but trolling this bloke is truly stupid after what he's done....absolute champion and got my respect.

Riewoldt was probably the best forward on the ground in the drawn grand final by the way.

Also, he does perform in finals, if it wasn't for him we probably wouldn't have made either GF.

2009 - BOG vs. Pies // Kicked the last 2 goals vs. WB to put us from 5 points down to a 7 point win.
2010 - Dominate first half that set up our win vs. Cats // Turned the game on its head vs. Dogs in the 3rd quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back