Roast We are at round 1 and THIS is the big headline from the AFL official page

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1926598

The season hasn't even begun yet for more than half the teams and already we have to hear this s**t about who is chasing who? Can we seriously not leave this stuff until later in the year? I find it pretty sad and pathetic if this is already what's on people's minds and what they think we want to hear about right now. How about building some excitement for the season that has barely even started rather than try and predict player movements 7 or 8 months from now? And what's the deal with the ping pong theme? What is that supposed to mean? Absolutely cringeworthy all-round.
It's killing the enjoyment of the actual game and the soul of it all when we are constantly bombarded with speculation and hypotheticals.

total clown shop

The season hasn't even begun yet for more than half the teams and already we have to hear this s**t about who is chasing who?

Footy media would only be featuring this content if it sold ads.

All the numpty supporters must furiously clicking hoping Jaymicahel Ugel Hagart is coming to save their rabble club.

To be honest I'd lure Lance Whitnall out of retirement with a lifetime supply of Pizza Hut long before I'd give Jaymala a million dollars :$

I've always hated this, but what truly grinds my gear is talking about where * insert player * will be next year DURING the game every week when the player shows up on screen. All season its "He is OOC. He is putting off contract talks. Will he kick goals for * insert club * or will it be at another club?" Over and over again for the whole season.

2015 pre-season game - Geelong v Adelaide - foxfooty put a photo of Dangerfield in a Geelong jumper up on the big screen at Kardinia Park and on the broadcast - proper season hadn't begun
Stevie J was a guest commentator as he was injured/not playing and they straight out ask him what it will be like to play with Danger the following season

Credit to Johnson, he said it was a disrespectful question for Crows supporters and it's irrelevant for 2015 Geelong -

As it was , Stevie J never played with Danger as he went to GWS at the end of the year
The fact Danger did move is irrelevant, it was hugely disrespectful

View attachment 1926598

The season hasn't even begun yet for more than half the teams and already we have to hear this s**t about who is chasing who? Can we seriously not leave this stuff until later in the year? I find it pretty sad and pathetic if this is already what's on people's minds and what they think we want to hear about right now. How about building some excitement for the season that has barely even started rather than try and predict player movements 7 or 8 months from now? And what's the deal with the ping pong theme? What is that supposed to mean? Absolutely cringeworthy all-round.
It's killing the enjoyment of the actual game and the soul of it all when we are constantly bombarded with speculation and hypotheticals.

Glad it's not just me.

This also had me scratching my head.

I listen to a lot of very ordinary footy related podcasts and a couple of good ones.

My standards are generally quite low when it comes to footy content and podcasts. I even watch footy classifieds most weeks.

But "gettable" is even below my threshold. I won't be listening.

All they do is rehash s**t that won't happen and do fake laughs at terrible unfunny in "jokes" like saying "MDP" a hundred times per episode. It's neither funny, insightful or clever. Just cringe worthy.

At least let us get to the bye before starting this crap.

Last edited:
I’d much rather there was some reporting on what’s actually going on in the space than pretending like clubs aren’t looking at, talking to or scouting players for their list needs.
Yeah but about 10% of trade speculation ever actually happens. Good players hardly ever move.
Trades usually only fringe players.

I mean Ben McKay was considered a big fish FFS.
Bloke barely plays.

Last edited:
Basically.

the non vic clubs may cop it or be ignored from the AFL media but at least those western clubs have the support of their home state media. We are loathed by our home media to due to it being owned by Rugby League
All the more impressive that the Giants continue to grow and have presence. The Sydney media must hate that the Giants would be having any success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back