RIP Madeleine Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

So sad watching Roo on 360 saying there's moments he'll never be able to talk about. Can't imagine what he and his family went through, nobody should ever have to go through that.

Round 16 is a can't miss.

I know it's probably a bit of a copycat idea but I reckon for that game as fans when the clock hits the 26th minute(if the clock gets there of course) in the first quarter we stand up and applaud like what happened with Phil Hughes.

Like the idea in theory, but in practice, no.

Firstly the fans probably wont be watching the clock like that, and secondly, imagine being the players (especially Nick & Jack) at that moment, with play going on around them.

Maybe if/when either teams score hits 26? Can't rely on that happening though.

Hope we all turn out in big numbers for the occasion. It's the least the fans can do given the many memorable moments both lads have given our fans respectively.

Cannot begin to imagine what they all went through.

Hopefully ALL Saints members and families get to Edihad for the
Saints Vs Tigers match to share the day with loved ones and raise the much needed cash for Maddie Riewoldt's Vision.
Go Saints !
Me and the family will be there! As luck would have it, it is around the time of year of Saints v Tiges that we make it down to Melbourne for a family catch up (my sister is a Tigers fan. I know, we tried to disown her) so it tends to be the one match I get to see on a regular basis.

Watching Fiona Riewoldt last week at the launch of Maddie Riewoldt's Vision broke my heart. I know all families experience loss at some point, but people like the Riewoldt's and Neale Daniher are something else. To speak publicly about your loss or disease, purely to benefit other people and hopefully stop them suffering like you have takes a special character. I can't make the game, but I will be donating. Thanks to Nick and Jack for their courage :)

Nice purple for Maddie :thumbsu:
As somebody who is a Saints Member and a Melb Storm Member this jumper is the closest i'll ever come to the two clubs merging:D
150707-MRV-email-main.jpg

GO STORMKILDA!!!!!!!

If we play manic football at Etihad, we are a huge chance. I'm not convinced on the Tigers. These are the type of games the Tigers can drop.

Last edited:
My wife is putting together a purple outfit to watch the match in and we may add to that with decorations, however I am contemplating channelling what little money I have available towards donations rather than a one use only set of decorations.

My wife is putting together a purple outfit to watch the match in and we may add to that with decorations, however I am contemplating channelling what little money I have available towards donations rather than a one use only set of decorations.
wether its an instant 'purple' awareness through decoration or a longer lasting money donation Kildonan it doesnt matter.
As long as we get involved somehow thats all that matters mate.
:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Im hoping a lot of the crowd turn up wearing a bit of purple. Would be great for nick to run out and see so many people showing respect to his sister.
I might just wear my Melb Storm jumper to that game. Being a man i dont have too many purple items of clothing :D

Last edited:
Is this an honest expected sell out that we will need to upgrade to reserved seating for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope theirs a Maddie Roo cup to cap off what's gonna be a ripper game.

I'm looking forward to this game more than any other. All my mates are getting the purple shirts, even those who are Tigs supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back