Rising Star Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Daz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If our man can continue his form from the last 2 weeks then he's a real chance. Worth keeping an eye on the contenders from week to week.

O'Meara - Only saw bits and pieces of the game tonight and he didn't do much.

Viney - Just the 17 touches. It's going to be tough work for him in that side.

Whitfield - Very quiet.

Toumpas - Yet to do anything this season.

Patton - Unfortunately did his ACL.

Wines, Hill and Crouch to play tomorrow.

EDIT: Mayes was good tonight apparently.

If it finished now our boy would finish 2nd to Wines. Now Wines has to play some decent opposition. Mullett has the (unfair) advantage of 3 preseasons to get him through the year.

I think Wines is the only real threat. Fishy might "stay up" longer than Wines, which will assist greatly.

I'd like a few of the names mentioned to join Fishy at NMFC, they will be very good.

Jaeger was good on the weekend.

He'll go close.

Mayes was good against us. If Stringer can string a full season together, he'll be thereabouts.

I like Ollie though.

Yeah, I think Jaeger will play out the year well.

Stringer reminds me of Ziebell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I think it'll be wines too. Once the media/commentators get a hold of someone it's hard for them to be swayed. Also wines scores more in dream team so more people talk about him.

Sucks because if Fish continues his run of form he deserves it. Lets hope port rest him for a few

They will likely give it to a big name irrespective how well Mullett plays, it is picked by morons in the media who will probably see 3 north games all year.

Mulletts advantage is that he should play more games than the other two, as they will be rested at some point.

Plus he has been in the system longer and should be more consistent .

The other two will hit the wall at some stage.

As opposed to all the Port games they'll watch.

Wines is a high profile young player though. They will see the names, where they were drafted and stats and pick them over a rookie pick who is 3 years older.

Unless Mullett gets a lot of media recognition of course, I doubt many know who he is, given by how few have him in their SC/DT and he is one of the best valued defenders going around.

They will likely give it to a big name irrespective how well Mullett plays, it is picked by morons in the media who will probably see 3 north games all year.

Eligibility and nominations

Every round, an Australian Football League rising star nomination is given to a standout young player whom performed well during that particular round. To be eligible to be nominated for the award, a player must be younger than 21 years of age on 1 January of the award year and have played 10 or fewer senior games before the beginning of the season. A player who is suspended[notes 1] during the season is not eligible to win the award, however is still eligible for nomination

Full name Majak Daw
Date of birth 11 March 1991 (age 22)

They will fall all over each other if he can
a) get nominated
b) stay on the park
c) play some level of footy that even resembles consistent.

Full name Majak Daw
Date of birth 11 March 1991 (age 22)

They will fall all over each other if he can
a) get nominated
b) stay on the park
c) play some level of footy that even resembles consistent.

Daw is a different matter completely. :p He doesn't really even need to play that well, ie Rioli and NN in their early years, he just needs to show enough flash. He would have got nominated easily last week if he was able to do what he did in the first quarter for another quarter or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back