Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Fremantle & Changes for R9 vs Bulldogs

Best 5 vs Freo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We are two years away from getting back on track if we do everything right with drafts and trades.

We have to be brave and delist and retire off guys like Dow, Kmac, Mansell , Pickett, Naismith , Kosi and Banks as we can't build a culture of mediocrity as that's we we are heading as so many substandard blokes were trotting around today bringing us back to the 90's. Our list managers have totally messed our side up with the s**t drafts and trades over the past 4 years and it's now becoming evident.

Must try and trade off the squirrel Short and lazy footballers like Broad and Baker.

Positives today were LEFau, Brown, HRS, SONZ, Young, Miller and Dusty

We don't need Pickett to get to 100 games as i don't want to risk having another kid on our list with a low DE.
Nakkers must not captain us again next season as he's a brain dead goose and momentum killer. A disgraceful example to the kids.

Do umpires review their games. I hope so, they can’t be happy watching their decision making today.

Time for umpires to be paid professional wages, and be under scrutiny and criticized on their performance just like players and coaches.
af98c-this.gif

We are two years away from getting back on track if we do everything right with drafts and trades.

We have to be brave and delist or retire off guys like Dow, Kmac, Mansell , Pickett, Naismith , Kosi and Banks as we can't build a culture of mediocrity as that's we we are heading as so many substandard blokes were trotting around today bringing us back to the 90's. Our list managers have totally messed our side up with the s**t drafts and trades over the past 4 years and it's now becoming evident.

Must try and trade off the squirrel Short and lazy footballers like Broad and Baker.

Positives today were LEFau, Brown, Young, Miller and Dusty

We don't need Pickett to get to 100 games as i don't want to risk having another kid on our list with a low DE.
Nakkers must not captain us again next season as he's a brain dead goose and momentum killer. A disgraceful example to the kids.
Mentioned it earlier but thought Hugo was good today as well

One of the only to play all 4qtrs and had some big moments

Beaten in all stats -21 I50, -20 in clearances and -15 CP.

The dodgy umpiring doesn't help though.

Richmond Vs Fremantle - Free Kick Count: Past 10 Games

R8, 2024 (MCG)
Richmond: 11, Fremantle: 20

R13, 2023 (Optus Stadium)
Richmond: 7, Fremantle: 18

R19, 2022 (Marvel Stadium)
Richmond: 16, Fremantle: 16

R20, 2021 (Optus Stadium)
Richmond: 12, Fremantle: 20

R15, 2020 (Metricon Stadium)
Richmond: 14, Fremantle: 18

R8, 2019 (Optus Stadium)
Richmond: 15, Fremantle: 16

R7, 2018 (MCG)
Richmond: 19, Fremantle: 24

R22, 2017 (Domain Stadium)
Richmond: 21, Fremantle: 14

R8, 2017 (MCG)
Richmond: 16, Fremantle: 17

R9, 2016 (Domain Stadium)
Richmond: 24, Fremantle: 21

Fremantle winning seven free kick counts out of 10 games....it can help that's for sure...

if there's a kid showing form in the vfl they need to play. there's no excuses playing pickett and kmac, even grimes. if they have a younger counterpart in the vfl get them in. the kids will learn nothing from these guys but how to turn the ball over or give away ludicrous free kicks.

great game from the boys and extremely great match committee selections

like who could've predicted that keeping the same fwd line that kicked 5 goals last game would only kick 6 goals this game

good thing we didn't reward coulthard&ryans consistent vfl form, otherwise we might've lost the game by over 50 points!!...

Easily our worst performance this year, considering it was on our home deck, with barely anything to get really excited about. Hopefully those that want us to do a North or Hawthorn and cut deeply now get that idea out of their heads. If we were to go down that path then what we dished up today becomes the norm and we'll become a basket case like we were during the 2000s.

We've got a core that we can build around, but it's not going to happen overnight. I mentioned earlier this season that things were going to get worse before they get better and nothing has changed that opinion. The positive though is that we're getting games into some young cubs who may have a future and we're slowly but surely moving on from the older guys that are no longer able to get the job done.

I've said since before the season starts that wins and losses mean little this year as this is ground zero for Yze and the club in terms of his tenure. He inherited a list that Hardwick thought was thereabouts for another charge, but in reality it wasn't and now the rebuilding of the list is on in earnest.

Now is the time to get on board with Yze and the young cubs who are the future. There have been some glimpses this year and these kids have been asked to step up during the injury crisis and try and carry the load and unfortunately they have found it tough, but they will benefit from it down the track when they get some senior players back into the side in the coming weeks to provide more leadership.

Hopefully we keep backing in the cubs and keep putting development into them as form warrants selection, and some of the older blokes who have been playing while we deal with the injuries are the ones who make way when the older guys who are injured start to return. Can't wait for next Saturday night and the game against the Dogs, as I want to see who is willing to step up and fight for the jumper.

Thing is, everyone keeps saying we need the more experienced players in the team but today they were predominantly the ones that let us down. Pickett, Grimes and Nank were terrible. When we were up and about in the 3rd quarter it was Baker, Bolton, Brown, Sonsie, Ralphsmith, D Rioli, and Miller (I might be missing a couple) that got us going.

Campbell needs to go back to the VFL to find form. As does Mansell as he isn't doing enough of what he is in the team to do.

I'm so happy that I was able to pick Sonsie as one of our best today. The way Yze played him still had me scratching my head at times as his ToG was low but whenever he got it, he generally made things happen. The biggest issue is, he will just get pushed out of the middle again when others start coming back.

Overall it was a disappointing effort but I was encouraged by our next gen kids coming through.
We have been saying the same think the last couple of seasons the senior players let us down and the kids take the rapt and get dropped .

Blind freddy could see we needed a few more changes.

Ryan in for more structure with Lefau and what we do we continue with a pure ruckman in Naismith. Will say it again his in the side solely as a pure ruckman or his in the vfl.

Campbell needs a spell no problems rotating kids Coulthard was the natural choice.

Macca and Pickett. Pickett is either going to tag or his not in that side now simple as that. Get in Smith or McAuliffe there taking games from kids. Short straight back in just like Graham the other week based on what both have been so poor in 2024.

Have a look at our general skills and kicking turnovers who's the main causes of them.

I'm not sure Yze has full control of the match committee.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

like who could've predicted that keeping the same fwd line that kicked 5 goals last game would only kick 6 goals this game

good thing we didn't reward coulthard&ryans consistent vfl form, otherwise we might've lost the game by over 50 points!!...
were literally playing ourselves. this season will be a complete waste unless we get some development in and properly transition into the next generation line-up. it's going to suck but the bandaids gotta come off at some point.

Should not have played Naismith. He offers us nothing as a forward. Ryan would have competed better today, AND given us a target down forward.

Our club needs another spring clean out again, too many people are taking easy money at our club but aren't earning it, meehan is first that needs to be booted.

When is Dow getting dropped? Seriously, bloke has played one and a half decent games this year. He’s had his run and is not up to AFL standard. 0 tackles today to go with his usual heck all disposals.

Changes for this next week:

Out: Dow, Naismith, Grimes, Campbell, McIntosh

In: Balta, Graham, Prestia, McAuliffe, Trezise

This is super depressing. Almost all of our best players this year have been senior players.

Brown, Sonsie, Young, Campbell, etc may end up as roll players, but there aren't too many small/mid sized players who become guns without showing more than they have in their first 2-3 years.

We'll be done again for awhile imo
What game a you watching take out Vlastuin ,Balta and Bolton at times they have been utter rubbish and the main issue.

Back