Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Fremantle & Changes for R9 vs Bulldogs

Best 5 vs Freo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t pretend these guys were all guns from day 1. Edwards and Rance especially took years to develop. We don’t know if we’ve got that on our list already and won’t for a few years.
Everyone except Rance. You obviously never watched Edwards at Coburg. He looked special
Just too small.

RFC website lists the following as best players in yesterday’s VFL win….

Best: Street, McAuliffe, Smith, El Nour, Brindley, Garner, Wilson

So Kano and Smith are the only 2 seniors that got a shout out

No love for Coulthard, Noah, Trigger, Ryan

Green, Kosi we’re just ok
None for Cumberland either. How odd??

Put a line through Naismith, barring injury shouldn't be played again. Campbell and Mansell have been as stale as a discarded yellow coke bottle on a construction site. FFS's the seasons shot we need to give opportunities to Cumbo, Coulthard, Green and Smith. I'd be giving Balta and Prestia another week off or play them 60% gametime in VFL. I don't trust the rehab one iota and need to err on the side of caution until the useless regime is rissoled. Dow should be 1st out for Prestia. I just don't see him amounting to much. I reckon head to head Mon Conti or Ellie McKenzie would pants him.

Out: Naismith, Mansell, Campbell, McIntosh.

In: Ryan, Cumbo, Mcauliffe, Coulthard/Green/Smith

So disappointed in our performance today. Some of the players just don’t seem to give a shit anymore.

It’s all well and good to finish way down the ladder and get high draft picks, but I have little faith that our list manager will do a good job with them anyway.

I had hoped that after coming out of 37 wilderness years we might have learned something about how to not go back there, but sadly I guess not.

Weve kicked just 11 goals in the last 2 games of footy and conceded 29. Or in another way, have percentage of 48.4%.

We have nothing to lose by playing him. He hits the scoreboard unlike most, and even if there are questions over him conceding defensively, it's not like anyone else currently in the team isn't.

FFS wake up

We are really bad.
What makes it worse is that the umpiring takes any fun out of it.
Umps weren’t the difference. Freo too good. Serong is a gun.
But there’s no point going if we aren’t going to get a fair go.
Well done afl, you might have just broken me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Kosi gets a run until Lynch comes back? That forward line gave us no chance to take a mark or get to a contest.

Nank is firmly amongst the bottom of starting rucks. Doubling down by playing Naismith to help him out just compounds our crap forward forward line.

Wish we kept Soldo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And thought he was poor again definitely pulled out of a few contests and his kicking is woeful it is great if u are an opposition he just kicks long down the line to the opposition
He needs a real wake up call
You may not like it and it appears a few others didn't either, but Short was our leading possession getter and in our best players for the day.
That perhaps says something about how we performed today and I do agree that he might not go in head over every contest (but that's never been how he plays) and yes he kicked long to contests (but is that due to how Freo set up?).
I think he also played a bit of a Daicos game by getting quite a few of his possessions from kick outs.
Unfortunately our team balance is up shit Creek at the moment and instead of crapping on our players we should be looking for positives. Otherwise it's going to be a very long g and painful season. Or should I say seasons.

I hope you're right
Time will tell, unlike a lot of posters I was one who didn't believe that we'd be in the mix for the 8 this year just because Gibcus and Lynch were coming back. I believed we were in for a tough year as we looked to change the game plan and start the rebuild of the list. The injury crisis has meant that we've needed to fast track the development of the kids somewhat and that we've also been made to look worse than we're currently playing because our first choice mids and 2 KPFs are sitting in the stands.

I can see some aggressive list management decisions being made at the end of the year. We currently have over half the list coming out of contract at seasons end and I can believe that there will be a bit of a clean out as we cut hard and it may mean another tough year in 2025 as a result, but in the end the pain we're going through now will be worth it as we'll get that injection of top end youth that we've needed.

But there’s no point going if we aren’t going to get a fair go.
Well done afl, you might have just broken me.

Same here I just expect us to get shafted by the umps, if it breaks us imagine what it does to the players. See the surprised look on Dusty's face today when he actually got a free, he's that used to it going against him.

Seriously I thought he was poor again definitely pulled out of a few contests and his kicking is woeful it is great if u are an opposition he just kicks long down the line to the opposition
He needs a real wake up call
This little squirrel is coasting. Thinks he's an A grader, but he's a squib that shirks are hard ball get and when he tries he falls over. Needs trading out as he provides negative results for us.

That's risk you take with him everyweek now for the rest of his career with us.
But wouldn’t it be better to play him in conjunction with Dow instead of replacing Dow with him?
That way Dow has more support on the inside that he desperately needs and likewise for Prestia he won’t be the sole inside mid in the team and set up to shoulder a load that is just setting any player up to fail

Geez I must watch a different game he was clearly our best player first half
Be fair to the great man not too much talent around him at present and he is bringing players consistently into the game look at his goal assists
Some guys have very short memories of how great this guy has been and he still is a very very good player
In my best , but he made a lot of basic skill errors and missed a couple of sitters. His DE was 60%

Surely Kosi gets a run until Lynch comes back? That forward line gave us no chance to take a mark or get to a contest.

Nank is firmly amongst the bottom of starting rucks. Doubling down by playing Naismith to help him out just compounds our crap forward forward line.

Wish we kept Soldo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My god - please no Kosi. I can name 4 other players who should be automatically picked over him.

1) Balta (might be back).
2) Ryan.
3) Cumbo
4) A Cadaver.

Back