Autopsy Roast & Toast vs GWS and Changes for R3 vs St Kilda

Best vs Giants

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you beat me to HRS as i edited post before you got a handle on my post. He's one of my favourites. Dow meh meh.

Tigers under 26’s is pretty solid in depth and quality…. with a couple with traits to become elite:

Too early: Sonsie, Clarke, Brown, Ryan, Cumberland, Colina, Banks, Nyuon

Need more games but looking average: RCD, Ross, M Rioli, Martyn

Need more games but looking positive: Gibcus, Dow, Mansell, Ralphsmith, Miller

C-D grade: aarts, Castagna

B to B+: Baker, Short, Rioli, Soldo, Stack, Graham

A to A+: Balta, Bolton

IMO Sonsie and Brown look the goods but cannot rate them before playing a game. I’ve seen enough of Gibcus to say he’s gonna be a star. Already doing a great defensive job as a KPD in his second game. That intercept mark he took was a glimpse of the future.

Another 3 x top-30 picks this draft (maybe 4 if we lose Short to FA or trade out a Rioli or similar type).

It’s an excellent core of sub-26yo given the dynasty period we’ve just seen…. I can’t imagine it’s possible to be any better given the lack of draft picks, losing young depth players and bulging salary cap.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He just received 3 x coaches votes and was instrumental in our victory as part of a decimated midfield. Cotchin is more than good enough to be part of a 6-7 man midfield rotation. Sure, he used to be 1-2 and now he’s 5-6, but he’s still in there.

Again I'm not calling for him to be our number 1 midfielder or even in our top 5 every week. It's about the way he plays and the impact he has in the games. I don't care if he is only getting 12-15 disposals if he is hunting the man and attacking the contest every time we need him to go. That's not disrespecting Trent, that's holding him to account, the same way we hold every other player who runs out on game day to account. Unfortunately a lot of people seem happy to have different levels of accountability depending on the player they're discussing.

Tigers under 26’s is pretty solid in depth and quality…. with a couple with traits to become elite:

Too early: Sonsie, Clarke, Brown, Ryan, Cumberland, Colina, Banks, Nyuon

Need more games but looking average: RCD, Ross, M Rioli, Martyn

Need more games but looking positive: Gibcus, Dow, Mansell, Ralphsmith, Miller

C-D grade: aarts, Castagna

B to B+: Baker, Short, Rioli, Soldo, Stack, Graham

A to A+: Balta, Bolton

IMO Sonsie and Brown look the goods but cannot rate them before playing a game. I’ve seen enough of Gibcus to say he’s gonna be a star. Already doing a great defensive job as a KPD in his second game. That intercept mark he took was a glimpse of the future.

Another 3 x top-30 picks this draft (maybe 4 if we lose Short to FA or trade out a Rioli or similar type).

It’s an excellent core of sub-26yo given the dynasty period we’ve just seen…. I can’t imagine it’s possible to be any better given the lack of draft picks, losing young depth players and bulging salary cap.

For the position he plays. Short is 100% A grade footballer.

He just received 3 x coaches votes and was instrumental in our victory as part of a decimated midfield. Cotchin is more than good enough to be part of a 6-7 man midfield rotation. Sure, he used to be 1-2 and now he’s 5-6, but he’s still in there.

Cotch is still top 1-2. That’s why he always starts in the middle.

Could not have said it better myself!
At half time, I thought I would read some of the game day thread, expecting plenty of positives, but no.....one comment called Trent Cotchin a faux tough guy.... woefully embarrassing comment to say the least. Our greatest ever captain since Dyer and one of the toughest and courageous players to play the game.
I don't know how some people call themselves supporters to be honest.... beggars belief!
You’d hope not , but you couldn’t rule out that there are richmond supporters with alt accounts supporting another club and trolling that board .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Leon Cameron…loved him as a tiger…very classy
love that he has Craig Lambert as assistant there
whenever he talks about us, he always talks positively about the RFC
I liked him as a Tiger player as well but i would love him as an assistant coach more if he can persuade Green , Callaghan & Stone to come to Richmond

Congrats to David Teague ,first win as assistant coach.

Plenty more to come Teaguey.

Our second quarter was the best for the year so far.
12 inside 50s for 6 goals.
The average rate for conversion from inside 50s to goal is only 25 per cent.
Normally, a team that scores 6-7 goals in one quarter normally wins, in this era of low-scoring results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back