Robbo cries for his beloved Albert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbo - the gift that keeps on giving. He continues to embarrass himself by the day. I no longer read/watch anything he's concerned with. Herald Sun - BARRED! AFL 360 - BARRED!! SEN when he's on - BARRED!!! I refuse to let a fat gutter journo talk footy to me and pedal his ulterior motives through his position of power. When all this washes out he and Rohan Connelly are going to be left feeling very silly with plenty of egg on their faces. Only a matter of time.... Tick Tock Tick Tock

Took the words out of my mouth. SEN gets switched whenever this moron comes on. 360 hasn't been watched for over a year. Herald Sun only gets read when someone posts a link on here and I go around their paywall. Just have to try and avoid this bloated mess of a man.

it's a lot more believable to suggest Robbo is a bit of an idiot than he is a puppet for the evil master James Hird, who apparently can only use his mind control technique when he's on the same continent as Robbo. To push a line that he himself contradicted both in a public statement less than 24 hours ago, and in his suggested outcome before he left for France.

You do realise that is just batshit crazy, right?

Firstly, I don't believe any statement coming out of camp Hird. In fact since somewhere around May 2013 I find it best to assume the untruth until otherwise demonstrated. It's a proven effective policy.

Alternatively we might discern a pattern of behavior. James doesn't get what James wants, James gets angry, James lashes out.

Seen it before somewhere. More than once.

It is a rather bizarre piece but he does have a point.

If he wasn't so emotionally invested he may have actually made that point.

Regardless of what you think of Hird & the penalties, Essendon are again treating the football world with contempt. The board clearly didn't want to provoke a reaction from Tania so they have left this question hanging until he returned to Oz (when I assume the board thought they'd have more control).

Had Essendon been less "Up Yours" & more conciliatory when caught cheating, they could have done the smart thing months ago and said he won't be back until next year. Drama avoided.

Little has been pathetic from the day he took the reigns. Good for us, shitty for Essendon.

Robbo - the gift that keeps on giving. He continues to embarrass himself by the day. I no longer read/watch anything he's concerned with. Herald Sun - BARRED! AFL 360 - BARRED!! SEN when he's on - BARRED!!! I refuse to let a fat gutter journo talk footy to me and pedal his ulterior motives through his position of power. When all this washes out he and Rohan Connelly are going to be left feeling very silly with plenty of egg on their faces. Only a matter of time.... Tick Tock Tick Tock
You're missing out on a whole heap of comedy gold.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ok so that's Robbo's opinion. He's allowed to express his views. Afterall he's one of the most die hard essendon supporters around.

Thought it was interesting he made a dig at Craig, and a couple of board members, this is where the tide will turn for the Hirds, if the board moves against him, the members will follow, because it's most likely the members who are influencing the board, next 6 months is going to be very interesting at Windy Hill.

Little has been pathetic from the day he took the reigns. Good for us, shitty for Essendon.

I wouldn't choose pathetic, but I've thought for some time he's the final element of the perfect storm disaster.

Would have been far better for Essendon to have had Little the attack dog in the Chair at the beginning, and Evans the concilliator take over the reins and put the pieces back together.

The reverse is just a disaster, even though the punters love it when Little puts on his bovver boots and starts kicking heads. They're so busy loving it that they don't even notice the damage the Club continues to sustain.

You're missing out on a whole heap of comedy gold.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah, why would you stop listening to Robbo, he's hilarious. He's got no idea half the time what he's blabbering on about, and he can unknowingly say some very funny things. I love it when he talks himself into a corner and doesn't know what to say next.

I wouldn't choose pathetic, but I've thought for some time he's the final element of the perfect storm disaster.

Would have been far better for Essendon to have had Little the attack dog in the Chair at the beginning, and Evans the concilliator take over the reins and put the pieces back together.

The reverse is just a disaster, even though the punters love it when Little puts on his bovver boots and starts kicking heads. They're so busy loving it that they don't even notice the damage the Club continues to sustain.

What damage is the club sustaining by the decision to let Hird cool his heels?

A decision made a long time ago, mind you.

You could imagine the outcry if Hird had been welcomed straight back into the fold - seems some feel the need to beat their chest no matter what action the club takes

Thought it was interesting he made a dig at Craig, and a couple of board members, this is where the tide will turn for the Hirds, if the board moves against him, the members will follow, because it's most likely the members who are influencing the board, next 6 months is going to be very interesting at Windy Hill.
Robbo is a good reflection of how members will react IMO.

They'll back Hird & not the board.

Oh boy. Robbo's silliness knows no bounds. At all.

Love this line:

"Hird’s own club has cast him aside and, for the first time, you have to wonder if he will be cast aside for good."

It has only just occurred to him that Hird may not coach again. And this man is Chief Football Writer.

He has officially gone beyond a joke. He is an insult to intelligence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The scene - a Toorak garage basement.

An obviously frightened Robbo is tied to a chair, facing a large TV set. He is sweating profusely and doesn't look like he goes outdoors very much.
A heavily muscled James, clad only in a pair of jeans, is showing Robbo pictures on the television.

James: "Here is me winning the 2000 premiership. Do you see?"

(Robbo whimpers)

James: "Here is me accepting the Brownlow. Do you see?"

(Robbo tries to look away, but is held in place)

James: "This is me hugging a crowd member after kicking the winning goal. Do you see?"

(Robbo cries out in fear)

James: "This is me taking the boys at training in 2013. DO YOU SEE?"

James pushes laptop to Robbo. Robbo starts writing article.

What damage is the club sustaining by the decision to let Hird cool his heels?

A decision made a long time ago, mind you.

You could imagine the outcry if Hird had been welcomed straight back into the fold - seems some feel the need to beat their chest no matter what action the club takes

You think a feature article in the Hun attacking the both the Club and Little personally is not damaging? You think the widespread public contempt for the court action (a contempt which extends beyond football circles) is not damaging?

And I'd be interested in where you gained the impression that it was decided a long time ago that Hird would sit out 2014 even after his "suspension" expired. Because this time last week it was said to be an unmade decision pending input from Bomber and the players.

This is a very strange article/piece.

Robbo can't be serious. This is a smart piece of business from Essendon. Players may have wanted Hird back, Bomber might have wanted Hird Back, but do they wan't the media swarm outside their training grounds back, do they want to be asked about Hird coming back in every single interview they give, etc etc etc.

Just amazed.

You think a feature article in the Hun attacking the both the Club and Little personally is not damaging? You think the widespread public contempt for the court action (a contempt which extends beyond football circles) is not damaging?

Perhaps you better re-read my comment - it had nothing to do with the article, and certainly nothing to do with the court case. It does amuse however that you feel a Robbo fanboi article suddenly carries some gravitas when it suits :thumbsu:

So again - how does the decision to leave Hird out until the end of the year damage EFC?

And I'd be interested in where you gained the impression that it was decided a long time ago that Hird would sit out 2014 even after his "suspension" expired. Because this time last week it was said to be an unmade decision pending input from Bomber and the players.

Little was widely quoted in 2013 that Thompson would see out the year as head coach - below link is one of many

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Paul-Little-Mark-Thompson-will-see-out-2014/62103

Could you really see Hird ever returning in any role other than senior coach?

Robbo is a good reflection of how members will react IMO.

They'll back Hird & not the board.

I think you raise a really key point regards the issue. Generally hunky dory when it is Ess/Hird V AFL/ASADA but what happens when there is competing interest involving Hird and the club.

It would seem from the outside the board has flexed its muscle and Hird has 'accepted' that. Robbo is either writing for Hird or as you state taking a position that you feel members may take.

As someone that loves the game, I hope the members back the board/ club and not an individual everytime there is a competing interest of the two.

So now he is bagging Essendon. Surely the club is bigger than the individual. I thought he could have no involvement with the players until his suspension ended. Robbo going on about how Hird could be at the club now if not for little and co.
This article as bad as the Trigg piece that ended up being a EFC whinge.

Half the s**t that Robb writes reads as if it is a blog from a 13 yr old Essendon supporter and Hird cultist and this "article" is no different.

Fun part is reading EVERYONE in the comments section of the online article pointing out how much of a total hypocrite Robb is, making him look like a total fool.

I took your tip and had a squiz. Andrew and Margaret are real brainboxes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back