Speculation Rory Lobb [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

The value you’ll get for Lobb is the cap space saved. If he goes it will be basically for nothing pretty sure
That entirely depends on whether the clubs needs or wants the cap space. We don't know where the Dogs will end up at the end of the year. If English stays then Smith, Macrae & Daniel are the big unknowns and would cover $2 million between them.

He is on league average and is fantastic depth cap space isn't an issue
If that’s the case then he stays. Basically if the club wants him then it doesn’t matter, he won’t be traded, if the club is happy for him to go then it will take the extra cap space as the real prize.

Talk of second rounders for an unneeded over 30 year old is some serious hopium

Lobb may be unneeded by us but he may be needed at another club so we may get good value in form him in a trade
We'll see, I think a lot of bargainning power in these comes from what the club holding the player wants. The Dogs to even have these discussions probably dont really want him, and the team trading for him knows it.

It's not like when he gets a game ahead of Darcy, he's playing well, he's playing shite. If he's traded, you mark it up as a mistake two years ago and move on

The hilarious part is people are so keen on him he will probably get a payrise or contract extension on his way in to any new place :D

His constant moving teams and what not probably put a extra 2-3 mill in his pocket really

We'll see, I think a lot of bargainning power in these comes from what the club holding the player wants. The Dogs to even have these discussions probably dont really want him, and the team trading for him knows it.

It's not like when he gets a game ahead of Darcy, he's playing well, he's playing shite. If he's traded, you mark it up as a mistake two years ago and move on
No we don't.

If he's traded we mark it up as Darcy developing faster than we had assumed he would, and the stop gap of Rory Lobb went for less time than it needed to, as far as I'm concerned that's a net positive, not a mistake at all.

No we don't.

If he's traded we mark it up as Darcy developing faster than we had assumed he would, and the stop gap of Rory Lobb went for less time than it needed to, as far as I'm concerned that's a net positive, not a mistake at all.
You wait till he tells you how **** the Dogs are on his way out. Then you might change your tune.

You wait till he tells you how **** the Dogs are on his way out. Then you might change your tune.
Yeah, but he did that after a career best season with us.

He'll likely burn the kennel down as he walks out.

It's not like that's something that's foreign to us, everyone that leaves the Dogs ends up at a place and publicly declares how much more running their new club does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not like that's something that's foreign to us, everyone that leaves the Dogs ends up at a place and publicly declares how much more running their new club does.
Now I know why you chased Rory then. Reckon he throws some grenades on his way out. At the very least you should get a classy tiktok.

Shame mid season trades aren’t a thing yet.
Even at his age getting picked up then kicked out of each club after 6 months Rory could become the first ever 10 club player!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

i don't get the love from the pies, cox is 33 but lobb is 31/32 by next season, so not sure what they are gaining with mcstay coming back? thought they'd go after moyle from the suns to free up cameron if anything.
I would rather Moyle ruck and Cameron F/R than have Lobb anywhere near Collingwood.

With Wiits still playing well and Ethan Read looking good Moyle would be questioning his place at Gold Coast.

Lobb's contract was 1.5 over 4 years according Ralph the other week. So on average for a player.

Demons need him more though than pies. Gawn cant ruck full time and Petty is likely gone at the end of the season. Unless dees are looking at someone else. Their window is close to shutting.

Lobb's contract was 1.5 over 4 years according Ralph the other week. So on average for a player.

Demons need him more though than pies. Gawn cant ruck full time and Petty is likely gone at the end of the season. Unless dees are looking at someone else. Their window is close to shutting.
As you so nicely handed me a a little red thumbs down, what do you think he will be traded for (like 20-30, 30-40 etc) if he goes?

And had a 5 year huge salary on his head.
Wouldn’t that be about just one more year than Lobbs (timing differences and all) and partly covered by Pies? Seems like not much of a factor. 32 for next year is just such a big detriment to any value.

We’ll see I suppose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back