Ross Lyon is synonymous with Ugly football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsu:

One state, two stories.

Meanwhile across town, Worsfold faces intense scrutiny because his team is only making the finals, and not winning flags.

Success is relative.

For God sake get over the fact that your mob has never got close to beating a Lyon coached side
Ugly or not the Kangaroo coached sides of the recent seasons cant handle pressure
Maybe with a Leader like Ross you might have had a chance

Hey? Nah, I don't care if he pinches. It's not to most masculine thing to do on a footy field, but I guess while effeminate walks down the race to give the half time address are all the rage, one would feel inspired to pinch and/or tie ones' hair in pigtails.

Nah, headbutting is more masculine ?.

Freo can play 2 phases of football, the stodgy defense, and the run & stun aggresive forward attack. Yes the stodgy defense has been used alot this season, but I think in the next weeks you will see alot more of the run & stun.

For God sake get over the fact that your mob has never got close to beating a Lyon coached side
Ugly or not the Kangaroo coached sides of the recent seasons cant handle pressure
Maybe with a Leader like Ross you might have had a chance

Hey newsflash - I know that Scott is not a very good coach.

Yet again (and this is exasperating - I'm the dumb one??) what does it have to do with Lyon/Freo?

If your gauge of success is home and away records between coaches, it would explain just why you scrolled through all the possible AFL teams to barrack for and chose the one with no flags in 18 years.

If Lyon gets Freo a flag, bump this and let me know. But when he exits via the strategically positioned emergency door, on his way to his new ready-made list and secret "outside of management" contract to go with it, I'll bump it.

Hey newsflash - I know that Scott is not a very good coach.

Yet again (and this is exasperating - I'm the dumb one??) what does it have to do with Lyon/Freo?

If your gauge of success is home and away records between coaches, it would explain just why you scrolled through all the possible AFL teams to barrack for and chose the one with no flags in 18 years.

If Lyon gets Freo a flag, bump this and let me know. But when he exits via the strategically positioned emergency door, on his way to his new ready-made list and secret "outside of management" contract to go with it, I'll bump it.

It will get bumped regardless. whether lyon succeeds or not. I would still count 3-5 consecutive years in finals as a form of success at freo.

Yeah he did, But waht would happen in 2015 when his contract is up and there was another club willing to offer him money?
that's business. we find another coach. they do it all the time in other codes. he's earning his money at the moment, that's all you can ask for, really.

Considering your a geelong Fan do you want to know why your mob lost 3 finals to West Coast from 1991-1994?

When I say that I refer to the 1991 Prelim and the 1992 and 1994 grand finals? Come on buddy I would love to explain to you and these loyal and humble "Geelong fans" how your side lost those 3 games considering your mob has a fetish for attacking football.

Where are you going with this? We lost coz we had no defence and Freo do?

Harvey would be achieving exactly the same if not better at Freo right now, if he wasn't knifed.

Make no mistake - they would be playing attractive football and demoralising teams by kicking lots of goals. Not squeezing out meaningless victories and then being too knackered to perform in the finals because of a bland and exhausting type of gameplan used during the year.

Yeah true, but I remember long ago, Freo had a Kurt Tippett moment. Yeah I'm referring to Josh Carr Walking out on us.
and he played like shit the following season, so we got the last good year he had left. players walk and players are let go of.

Where are you going with this? We lost coz we had no defence and Freo do?

I'm glad you asked. 1st off I was trying explain something to your team of Band wagon fans. They act like the cats have never lost a grand final or know little to no knowledge of geelong Prior to 2007.

Your mob beat Freo last week because Geelong has a Strong defence and a strong Attack. While Freo had an poor Defence that night and poor attack. Yes your mob kicked 11 goals 19 behinds. The result is done and dusted. No problems here.

So why am I bringing up the 1992 and 1994 grand finals up? Simple. Your team lost those grand finals. Actually in both those grand finals your mob got belted in the 2nd half. In 1992 Eagles Scored 10.9 to geelongs 4.5 in the 2nd half and Eagles won by 28 points. 1994 West coast scored 12.11 to 3.8 and West coast won by 80 points.

So why did your team lost? As good as Brownless and Ablett were at the Forward line and your mob had a solid midfield, Your Defence is Poor. Eagles has Sumich as a Spearhead and a solid forward line, Good midfield (Matera tore your team apart in 1992). Also had a excellent defence. Defence wins Flags. Ablett Snr had 4 shots of the cherry and did not get one bite.

Another thing as well. If you personally think your little run of success will last forever, your sadly mistaken. Eventually your team will fall and the vultures will circle to pick out the carcass. The record for most making the most finals in a row is 13 years from 1982-94 set by the Hawks.

With your confidence your team has got now, for all the huff and puff, your team better win the flag this season. One way or another another challenger will rise up to try and knock your side off their Perch. Mine is one of them despite the recent defeat.

Front up here if you fail in 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harvey would be achieving exactly the same if not better at Freo right now, if he wasn't knifed.

Make no mistake - they would be playing attractive football and demoralising teams by kicking lots of goals. Not squeezing out meaningless victories and then being too knackered to perform in the finals because of a bland and exhausting type of gameplan used during the year.
Oh really??? Please tell me about how North Melbourne had so much energy to run out games in the finals last year...

Nup.

I'm glad you asked. 1st off I was trying explain something to your team of Band wagon fans. They act like the cats have never lost a grand final or know little to no knowledge of geelong Prior to 2007.

Your mob beat Freo last week because Geelong has a Strong defence and a strong Attack. While Freo had an poor Defence that night and poor attack. Yes your mob kicked 11 goals 19 behinds. The result is done and dusted. No problems here.

So why am I bringing up the 1992 and 1994 grand finals up? Simple. Your team lost those grand finals. Actually in both those grand finals your mob got belted in the 2nd half. In 1992 Eagles Scored 10.9 to geelongs 4.5 in the 2nd half and Eagles won by 28 points. 1994 West coast scored 12.11 to 3.8 and West coast won by 80 points.

So why did your team lost? As good as Brownless and Ablett were at the Forward line and your mob had a solid midfield, Your Defence is Poor. Eagles has Sumich as a Spearhead and a solid forward line, Good midfield (Matera tore your team apart in 1992). Also had a excellent defence. Defence wins Flags. Ablett Snr had 4 shots of the cherry and did not get one bite.

Another thing as well. If you personally think your little run of success will last forever, your sadly mistaken. Eventually your team will fall and the vultures will circle to pick out the carcass. The record for most making the most finals in a row is 13 years from 1982-94 set by the Hawks.

With your confidence your team has got now, for all the huff and puff, your team better win the flag this season. One way or another another challenger will rise up to try and knock your side off their Perch. Mine is one of them despite the recent defeat.

Front up here if you fail in 2013.

Looked at the length of your reply and almost didn't read it. Then I read the 1st paragraph. Bandwagon? Have you seen my join date? October 2006. Almost stopped reading again.
I'm 30 and saw all those GF losses. 92 hurt.

I agree with what you have said about the GFs. Then you go on about some rubbish. I don't expect this to last forever, our team lost to BL so they aren't full of confidence and you want to see me back here when we fail.

Do you realise it's easy to take crap when your team has just won 3 flags after 44 years of nothing? I'm sure no matter what happens from now, giving a Geelong fan crap is useless coz our side has already achieved more then we expected.

Lyon got an average unit to within a bees diaphragm of winning two flags. He's got an injury depleted team as a premiership contender. He's only interested in results, as he should be. Couldn't give stuff about the style of game. Whatever it takes is his motto.

With the injuries Freo has had this year they would be outside the 8 under Harvey. If he was as good as you say his name would have been front and centre at Port Adelaide and at Melbourne. It wasn't at Port Adelaide and it isn't at Melbourne.

Well thats your opinion. Im inspired by his tactics. You do know he was an assistant coach under Paul Roos coached swans in 2005.

I have said this to a North fan on another thread and I will say it to you. You get 2 options...

1. Play attractive high scoring football and Finish between 11th and 14th.

2. Play boring football and finish between 5th and 8th.

So if you want to your mob to take option one, that is fine by me. As a matter of fact do choose that option and stay down that position of that ladder.

One last thing If ever that day does happen when Freo do win the grand final, I expect a Tidal wave of angry Dockers fans on your teams board.

Option 1 won Geelong three flags, I'll take that thanks. Actually, since you brought up North... their last two flags were in 1996 and 1999 and in both years they had the highest-scoring team in the league.

In fact, since 2000... here's where the eventual premiers ranked in the league for attack over the H&A season:

2000 - 1st (Essendon)
2001 - 2nd (Brisbane)
2002 - 1st (Brisbane)
2003 - 2nd (Brisbane)
2004 - 3rd (Port Adelaide)
2005 - 14th (Sydney)
2006 - 4th (West Coast)
2007 - 1st (Geelong)
2008 - 3rd (Hawthorn)
2009 - 2nd (Geelong)
2010 - 2nd (Collingwood)
2011 - 2nd (Geelong)
2012 - 5th (Sydney)

Freo's attack is ranked 12th in the league at the moment. Doesn't take Einstein to deduce that you need (with one glaring exception) a high-powered attack to win a flag in today's game.

But if you do manage to win the flag... hey, good on you. But the numbers aren't in your favour.

best coach free ever had and exactly what they needed. right call at the time.

but i dont want him at my club. id be bored stiff and honestly, the crowd would boo.

Option 1 won Geelong three flags, I'll take that thanks. Actually, since you brought up North... their last two flags were in 1996 and 1999 and in both years they had the highest-scoring team in the league.

In fact, since 2000... here's where the eventual premiers ranked in the league for attack over the H&A season:

2000 - 1st (Essendon)
2001 - 2nd (Brisbane)
2002 - 1st (Brisbane)
2003 - 2nd (Brisbane)
2004 - 3rd (Port Adelaide)
2005 - 14th (Sydney)
2006 - 4th (West Coast)
2007 - 1st (Geelong)
2008 - 3rd (Hawthorn)
2009 - 2nd (Geelong)
2010 - 2nd (Collingwood)
2011 - 2nd (Geelong)
2012 - 5th (Sydney)

Freo's attack is ranked 12th in the league at the moment. Doesn't take Einstein to deduce that you need (with one glaring exception) a high-powered attack to win a flag in today's game.

But if you do manage to win the flag... hey, good on you. But the numbers aren't in your favour.

Fair enough your entitled to your opinion. I wouldn't want a Bulldogs side of 2008-2010. 3 prelims but had a leaky defence.

How the hell did your mob rank 4th in Attack in 2006? Quentin Lynch Kicked 65 goals that season. Who were your other major goal kickers?

The fact that Freo are ranked 12th is Surprising. I assumed Freo would be easily in the top half after scoring at least 100 points twice. You do realised Ballantyne has had a Poor season. Only kicked 14 goals in 11 games. Pavlich has only played a handful of games due to injury....

I still live by the Fact that had the main 5 forwards in Pav, Mayne, Walters and Ballantyne had played every single game, Freo would easily be in the top Half of attack. Also Freo are starting to give forwards like Crozier and Tarberner games as well.

Looked at the length of your reply and almost didn't read it. Then I read the 1st paragraph. Bandwagon? Have you seen my join date? October 2006. Almost stopped reading again.
I'm 30 and saw all those GF losses. 92 hurt.

I agree with what you have said about the GFs. Then you go on about some rubbish. I don't expect this to last forever, our team lost to BL so they aren't full of confidence and you want to see me back here when we fail.

Do you realise it's easy to take crap when your team has just won 3 flags after 44 years of nothing? I'm sure no matter what happens from now, giving a Geelong fan crap is useless coz our side has already achieved more then we expected.

True. Im willing to Admit that your team got the better of my teams defence last week. Just Keep in mind Half of Freos side that faced your mob were 23 and under. Moral of this story is that as the Dockers young brigade slowly gain experience. The gap between Freo and the Top sides will be smaller.

As I said on other boards, Freo have been competitive in many games without Sandi and Pav. Mcpharlin is the most important player on our side. Once he is injured, the Defence is not as efficient, Last years semi vs the crows proved how much of a loss he is. Once Freo find a replacement for McPharlin, Freo will go Forward to the next step.

If you like Mark Harvey so much, why dont you sack your current coach and hire him?

True. Im willing to Admit that your team got the better of my teams defence last week. Just Keep in mind Half of Freos side that faced your mob were 23 and under. Moral of this story is that as the Dockers young brigade slowly gain experience. The gap between Freo and the Top sides will be smaller.

As I said on other boards, Freo have been competitive in many games without Sandi and Pav. Mcpharlin is the most important player on our side. Once he is injured, the Defence is not as efficient, Last years semi vs the crows proved how much of a loss he is. Once Freo find a replacement for McPharlin, Freo will go Forward to the next step.

I believe all that, I think Freo are a massive threat. I just don't like much about your current side. Freo 'may' get the job done but I don't want to see the presentation.
Finish top 2 and you will make the GF and given you now have a favourable draw I'm very concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back