Toast Ross Lyon returns to St.Kilda #UnfinishedBusiness

Happy?

• Yes

Votes: 225 86.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Right. I guess we can all put to bed what type of person he is now. I know a few were going to use that as their criteria.
So you just bumped this thread to tell everyone I told you so? Lol. You made it too obvious that you knew the answer to your question. Gotta come with more than that next time.

I couldn't think of the best thread for this idea so I chose this one.

Allow your inner optimist a few moments outside of solitary confinement to imagine something that many of you dare not...

Imagine that this young Saints team manages to get to a grand final - not necessarily this year but eventually.

Somehow, Corey Enright is seriously sick and cannot participate in the day's events in any way.

It is 20 minutes before the AFL Grand Final starts. You are one of Ross Lyon, Robert Harvey, Lenny Hayes or Brendan Goddard: you take your pick. This is a familiar scene for you, but you never dared to hope that you'd ever get another chance. You all have experience of grand finals with St Kilda but it occurs to you at this very moment for the 1st time that all your collective experience culminates in losing grand finals. None of you have won a grand final.

The players are looking to you for ideas, for guidance, for inspiration. 20 minutes from now, the match starts and at the end of it, history will be made.

What do you say, and who do you say it to?
George do you know if Dard Ball Get is here for the grandy ?

George do you know if Dard Ball Get is here for the grandy ?
If Dardy Ball Get was the coach I imagine his speech would be something along the lines of;

"Listen here boysies! It's the grandy finaldy! You've got 25 minutesies to make a namesy for yourselvsies like you've never made before!"

my mrs copped it for casually mentioning Macedonia in conversation to her close friend at the time whose family was from there, like it escalated from 0 to 100 real quick. Like chill out lady, you were born in Australia and we didnt know :/ . THATS NOT A COUNTRY, ITS F*ing NORTH MACEDONIA

We have a family friend who is Macedonian by heritage but Aussie. Same, goes nuts when talking about Macedonia. He's got a Greek name but if you call him greek he goes off his head. He looks pretty Slav but they don't take kindly to being mislabelled.

We have a family friend who is Macedonian by heritage but Aussie. Same, goes nuts when talking about Macedonia. He's got a Greek name but if you call him greek he goes off his head. He looks pretty Slav but they don't take kindly to being mislabelled.
Tell him he's living in a fantasy and to come back to reality before it's too late.

You ever tried calling a Serbian Croatian Gringo o_O

I nearly got beat up by a Croat because he said he was a Dalmation. He wasn't a ******* dog, he thought he was an up-market coastal specialty slav. They don't even like their own countrymen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Volga Bulger's were from Russia...kind of a Turkish Slav , if I remember my history and migrations correctly.

Yeah, I looked it up, they were steppes semi nomadic turkic tribes. I was keen to go to Armenia and Georgia next trip to Europe but the *ers won't stop shooting near the borders at the moment. I'm not keen going anywhere near Russia but that would be cool to see some of that east meets west area. I want to go see Romania too, see some old-school slav s**t that looks like an Emir Kusturica movie.

Yeah, I looked it up, they were steppes semi nomadic turkic tribes. I was keen to go to Armenia and Georgia next trip to Europe but the *ers won't stop shooting near the borders at the moment. I'm not keen going anywhere near Russia but that would be cool to see some of that east meets west area. I want to go see Romania too, see some old-school slav s**t that looks like an Emir Kusturica movie.
Georgia is full of Russians, a lot of migrating going on by all accounts. The newish Georgian government has a bit of a reconciliation vibe going on. Not much media about it, but there never is once you get past Poland and Ukraine. Armenia has always been pro Russian...obviously not fond of the Turks, which is why they fight Azerbaijan on the Nogorno-Karabakh (not sure if spelling) area. That war hasn't stopped since the 90's. Again no real media about it. I was meant to work in Georgia years ago...but it fell through unfortunately. I'd love to get to all three Caucasus countries.
Romania is pretty cool. Crumbling wealth from a past age when vast swathes of the land were owned by Austria and Hungary alike, blending with communist blocks, but that's mainly Bucharest. The villages and towns beyond that are picturesque, and unique, and the people are mostly good fun.
Personally I think Bulgaria is better.

So you just bumped this thread to tell everyone I told you so? Lol. You made it too obvious that you knew the answer to your question. Gotta come with more than that next time.
Yep. Just trying to tie up the last loose end!

It really is a hissy fit of huge proportion from Ratten. It should not go unacknowedged…

Georgia is full of Russians, a lot of migrating going on by all accounts. The newish Georgian government has a bit of a reconciliation vibe going on. Not much media about it, but there never is once you get past Poland and Ukraine. Armenia has always been pro Russian...obviously not fond of the Turks, which is why they fight Azerbaijan on the Nogorno-Karabakh (not sure if spelling) area. That war hasn't stopped since the 90's. Again no real media about it. I was meant to work in Georgia years ago...but it fell through unfortunately. I'd love to get to all three Caucasus countries.
Romania is pretty cool. Crumbling wealth from a past age when vast swathes of the land were owned by Austria and Hungary alike, blending with communist blocks, but that's mainly Bucharest. The villages and towns beyond that are picturesque, and unique, and the people are mostly good fun.
Personally I think Bulgaria is better.

Albania is doing a big promo campaign at the moment. Putting up instagram s**t with pictures that make it look like the French Riviera. I reckon a few people will be disappointed when they see the real Eastern Europe.

I nearly got beat up by a Croat because he said he was a Dalmation. He wasn't a ******* dog, he thought he was an up-market coastal specialty slav. They don't even like their own countrymen.
I like the Dalmation Coast, there are some really nice spots.

Had a friend whose mother was Croatian and father was Serbian, he woke up and wanted to kill himself every day

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Ratten thread is closed. Can anybody point me to the Brett Ratten media release where he thanked the Saints members and supporters for their support of him?
Cheers
SH
Maybe he read the footy forums and realised he had little support from fans

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I went to Romania with work.
In and amongst wangling some personal leave in the UK, ( my wife's idea I left her in London ), I ended up on a budget flight from Luton to Bucharest. Seemed like everyone on board had fashion from Grand Theft Auto. Fake leather and leopard spots everywhere.
Most of them lined up to head to Bulgaria at the airport though.

Taxi from the airport to Brasov. Much of it was very flat, everything metal seemed to be rusty, and there were still plenty of dead Russian factories and power stations. The drive through the hills ( near Transalvania ) was really nice, and the Germans i was with said that Romania is getting really popular with hikers and that sort of thing.
Highlight was probably this place ... a hunting lodge style restaurant. I ate bear, and drank the local spirits , which came in small bottles with a picture of a plumb on it .

Their economy is going pretty well now i think, but from what i saw of the place the soviet era has left a lot of the infrastructure run down, and they are still recovering from that. ( Wow its probably 7 years or so since i went there though, time flys ).

I went to Romania with work.
In and amongst wangling some personal leave in the UK, ( my wife's idea I left her in London ), I ended up on a budget flight from Luton to Bucharest. Seemed like everyone on board had fashion from Grand Theft Auto. Fake leather and leopard spots everywhere.
Most of them lined up to head to Bulgaria at the airport though.

Taxi from the airport to Brasov. Much of it was very flat, everything metal seemed to be rusty, and there were still plenty of dead Russian factories and power stations. The drive through the hills ( near Transalvania ) was really nice, and the Germans i was with said that Romania is getting really popular with hikers and that sort of thing.
Highlight was probably this place ... a hunting lodge style restaurant. I ate bear, and drank the local spirits , which came in small bottles with a picture of a plumb on it .

Their economy is going pretty well now i think, but from what i saw of the place the soviet era has left a lot of the infrastructure run down, and they are still recovering from that. ( Wow its probably 7 years or so since i went there though, time flys ).
How was the bear prepared?

Back