Preview Round 1, 2024: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 16th March, 7:30PM AEDT *COLLARD, WILSON DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 62 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know i will cop it from some but looking at their team on paper is still a bloody strong side , i don't care if some a are getting long in the tooth its not going to be easy beating them IMO
Of course it'll be a tough game, it always is at the cattery especially against a side that won the premiership 2 years ago.

However, if we play our best football and want to be serious contenders this year, this is a must-win. Cats are vulnerable, especially through that midfield and we have to take advantage of that. Big game for Steeley.

Can't be having a slow start to the season considering what's happened in the 2nd half of past 2 years

I know i will cop it from some but looking at their team on paper is still a bloody strong side , i don't care if some a are getting long in the tooth its not going to be easy beating them IMO
Yeah we're all pretty excited by the season starting, by the performances of last year and by the inclusion of more young talent.

I'm hoping for a win.

I think we can win.

But what has in the past been an almost impossible mountain to climb doesn't suddenly become a cakewalk just because people start buying into the geriatric Cats meme.

If we pull off the win it will be a significant achievement.

GO SAINTS!

100% it is + at a ground we haven’t won at in 25 years and regularly get belted there.

Every chance we are 0-2 and needing to square the ledger with Essendon & Richmond

Who remembers when Freemantle went down to Geelong to take them on in the 2013 finals.

I reckon RTB has this place wired.

Watch this space.

100% it is + at a ground we haven’t won at in 25 years and regularly get belted there.

Every chance we are 0-2 and needing to square the ledger with Essendon & Richmond
I wish people would stop saying we haven't won there for 25 years, seems like only yesterday i was in the Geelong social ( well they weren't too social with me ) club you just keep reminding me how old i am , anyway all we can do is give it our best shot.

Who remembers when Freemantle went down to Geelong to take them on in the 2013 finals.

I reckon RTB has this place wired.

Watch this space.
Freo has fixed them up a few times, i remember that game well, Stephen hill taking about 5 bounces and kicking a ripping goal

Ross has never coached St Kilda in a match at Kardinia Park.

2007: no away game
2008: no away game
2009: no away game
2010: no away game
2011: away game at MCG
2023: no away game

His record as Freo coach was 2-3, with two very tight losses.

ePHiUlV.gif

I wish people would stop saying we haven't won there for 25 years, seems like only yesterday i was in the Geelong social ( well they weren't too social with me ) club you just keep reminding me how old i am , anyway all we can do is give it our best shot.
Would you prefer the day spider kicked 9 and we lost by 40?

The day we lost by 20 goals?

The day the 04 saints came from the heavens only to then snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?
(Personal favourite)

The day Scotty Watters had us start well to then kick … 1 goal in 3 quarters of footy?

The day Richo had us infront at half time. Then we kicked 2 goals in the second half.

I love the cattery

Would you prefer the day spider kicked 9 and we lost by 40?

The day we lost by 20 goals?

The day the 04 saints came from the heavens only to then snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?
(Personal favourite)

The day Scotty Watters had us start well to then kick … 1 goal in 3 quarters of footy?

The day Richo had us infront at half time. Then we kicked 2 goals in the second half.

I love the cattery
I loved our road trips there , catch the 9.00 - 9.30 train , straight to the pub , charge up then off to watch the 2's , more cans and then the main event.
Most times it didn't end well and pretty sure i went to all of the above games , The old days

Of course it'll be a tough game, it always is at the cattery especially against a side that won the premiership 2 years ago.

However, if we play our best football and want to be serious contenders this year, this is a must-win. Cats are vulnerable, especially through that midfield and we have to take advantage of that. Big game for Steeley.

Can't be having a slow start to the season considering what's happened in the 2nd half of past 2 years
The start of the season you just don't know what will happen. It's not really must win, it would be amazing to win but we are underdogs. Still think if we get one of the first two then we'll be ahead. Even if we go 0-2 it's not panic stations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The start of the season you just don't know what will happen. It's not really must win, it would be amazing to win but we are underdogs. Still think if we get one of the first two then we'll be ahead. Even if we go 0-2 it's not panic stations.
It's not, but based on our context I'd consider it must-win otherwise we're extremely unlikely for a deep finals run.

We always fire early then slump late, we need a good start. We are pretty unlikely to beat the Pies so to start the season 0-2 would put us a few steps more behind than any other challenging club that would start 0-2.

We base our brand on consistency so its important to have a good foundation to start on. A big, historical win away from home not only may give us a spark for Spud's game, but the entire season.

One of the main focuses this pre-season has been on contest work, so if we can't beat Geelong's inexperienced midfield then not sure if we've made any meaningful progress in that area.

Never said Ryan wasn't playing, I just said Wood won't be starting on the bench as per your team , not that hard to understand is it Lol
Seems like a strange thing to get hung up on, which player will spend the first 4 or so minutes on the bench and which one starts on the ground.

In the end most players spend similar time on the ground, maybe both start on the ground. But who really gives a * to be honest.

Seems like a strange thing to get hung up on, which player will spend the first 4 or so minutes on the bench and which one starts on the ground.

In the end most players spend similar time on the ground, maybe both start on the ground. But who really gives a * to be honest.
You seem the one hung up on it as you keep replying

It's not, but based on our context I'd consider it must-win otherwise we're extremely unlikely for a deep finals run.

We always fire early then slump late, we need a good start. We are pretty unlikely to beat the Pies so to start the season 0-2 would put us a few steps more behind than any other challenging club that would start 0-2.

We base our brand on consistency so its important to have a good foundation to start on. A big, historical win away from home not only may give us a spark for Spud's game, but the entire season.

One of the main focuses this pre-season has been on contest work, so if we can't beat Geelong's inexperienced midfield then not sure if we've made any meaningful progress in that area.
Jesus, must win?

Every year there are teams who make he 8 after a bad start.

I’d say par for us is 4-4 after round 8.

The next 5 from 9-13 represent a massive chance to go 4-1 (8-5)

If we do that, we then need to be talking scalps on 2nd half of the year.

You seem the one hung up on it as you keep replying
It's really weird seeing your horse as bird_man's avatar.

It's almost like you're arguing with yourself Captain ;) #wouldntbethefirsttime

I can’t wait to see us play at the G. I reckon the extra space is really going to suit us.

Against GWS we really struggled to shut down space at the G. Hopefully the extra runners help that.

It's really weird seeing your horse as bird_man's avatar.

It's almost like you're arguing with yourself Captain ;) #wouldntbethefirsttime
Birdy chose the wrong horse , he isn't going so great ATM but like Ronny i just hope he improves .,,, Just kidding

Come on Gomer settle

Birdy chose the wrong horse , he isn't going so great ATM but like Ronny i just hope he improves .,,, Just kidding

Come on Gomer settle
I hear your other horse Dougal’s Delight is coming along nicely 😃

GzvOMVd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back