Game Day Round 10 - Geelong @ Darwin - 16th May 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Before tonight Chris Scott has only ever had 20 goals + kicked on him 3 times.

Before tonight Chris Scott has never conceded over 150 points to any side.

Before tonight in 15 attempts we have only beaten the cats 3 times.

Handbaggers 3 losses in a row.

FLAGSUNS here we come.

What a win. Definitely scotch time even though it’s a work night!

On cloud 9!

Last edited:
Me watching Sam Day play good footy in his 2 games this year.
1000011832.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I quite liked the guy wearing Sam Day's old number 12
Hoping Dimmer gives him a few games so he gets a good run at it
These Academy kids are the business!

Pretty amazing, 2 weeks ago we played the worst game I ever watched and today the best one.

Yes, we gave them 4 goals early from terrible turnovers and in the last quarter we were cramping everywhere but that was fantastic to watch toying with Cats. Great effort after 6 and 5 days breaks in sappy conditions.

The only player who annoyed me was Fiorini with some skills.

Last edited:
Certainly not suggesting this one is in the bag by any means but for those who may be wondering: A 1-30 point win gets us into 8th, a 31-55 point win gets us ahead of Carlton and into 7th, a 56+ point win gets us into 6th and ahead of Port Adelaide and a 100+ point win is required to jump ahead of the 5th placed Giants or 4th placed Dees on the ladder. Obviously that will change later in the week but that's where it stands right now.
I had hoped that in a best case scenario we would secure a 30+ point win over the Cats and sneak into 7th on the ladder. Little did I know our boys were going to come out and go BANG with a 64 point win that gets us into 6th! Unreal feeling watching the boys play tonight and to do it in a nationally televised game is just so satisfying. The DarWIN Double has been secured for a third consecutive year and now we have a massive confidence boosting performance against a top 2 team to really draw from going forward. I was really pleased that the boys didn't put the cue in the rack either. Amazing effort from all involved.

Now the real challenge is to replicate it next week and secure a win against a powerhouse club in the footy heartland.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back