Review Round 1 vs Adelaide @ People First Bank Stadium - 16th March 2024 - 7:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

R1 Review vs. Adelaide 2024 – What’s with the late game runs of goals?

https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...-2024-whats-with-the-late-game-runs-of-goals/

......I also have to mention that moment where Lukosius gets the ball all by himself about 45 out from goal and he tries to lob it to Macpherson. Why he doesn’t take a couple steps and clatter it through the sticks I don’t know. It was one of those moments where being selfish was the right move. Don’t trust someone else to take a mark in that weather, just leather it home!

That would have been the sealer but it ended up being far too close. Learning these lessons while still winning the games is the best way to do it. Dimma can bollock them while still celebrating points on the board. Long story short I am not too worried, they played well enough to win much more clearly on any other day. The defensive lapses are a concern but are mostly the fault of less experienced players who usually have to make these mistakes to learn from them. There will probably be a game or two where this sort of thing actually costs us but as long as it isn’t I’ll trust the coaches to iron out the kinks.

https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...-2024-whats-with-the-late-game-runs-of-goals/

......I also have to mention that moment where Lukosius gets the ball all by himself about 45 out from goal and he tries to lob it to Macpherson. Why he doesn’t take a couple steps and clatter it through the sticks I don’t know. It was one of those moments where being selfish was the right move. Don’t trust someone else to take a mark in that weather, just leather it home!

That would have been the sealer but it ended up being far too close. Learning these lessons while still winning the games is the best way to do it. Dimma can bollock them while still celebrating points on the board. Long story short I am not too worried, they played well enough to win much more clearly on any other day. The defensive lapses are a concern but are mostly the fault of less experienced players who usually have to make these mistakes to learn from them. There will probably be a game or two where this sort of thing actually costs us but as long as it isn’t I’ll trust the coaches to iron out the kinks.
Yes, I was disappointed again that Dimma did not boost CBA rotations except Humphrey who went there for 21%.

Last edited:

A couple of their goals were great snaps in traffic in the wet by Rachele that another day will miss or get smothered or the ball will end up with someone that can't kick that well. And as you noted, we hit the post several times with good shots.
The mdifield game evened up in the last quarter but we also had a 6 goal lead for good reasons. A lot more positives than negatives for mine.

So watch the game again this morning, and while I think we all agree, the fourth-quarter was poor, we were literally 30 points up with 10 minutes to play. The crows got a free kick kicked a goal that started the momentum running their way. Considering how many goals we missed, including three posters I think we were by far better side.
Our fast hands and their ability to hit a target is dramatically better than what it was last year. And I think we all know it’s going to improve further as the guys understand the gameplay. Adding four top 15 pics and Weller to the side we could really be anything by the end of the year IMO

Big lead, ten minutes remaining, and it’s constant 50/50 bombs instead of kick marking it to keep possession and drain the clock. I’m just a yank, don’t have the footy pedigree of DH, but cmon man, let’s coach!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back