Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what De Goey has to do with it. At the end of the day it's about selection integrity. When a player takes their chance they need to be rewarded regardless of whatever hypothetical pecking order there is. Richards played a better game on the weekend than any of Schultz's this year and Schultz got suspended so Richards holds his spot. Sullivan has looked good in the midfield and at half forward so holds his spot over Fin who hasn't looked nearly as capable in both parts of the ground. Yes he got three goals but that was all of off the back of Richards.
Since when do we devalue a players Goal contribution on the basis that Finn was given the opportunity ( via a kick or handball) by another player. That's just flawed logic, given almost 100% of goals result from an earlier possessions by a team mate.
Unless its a goal from a dispossession of an opponent, a Ruckman taking the ball at stoppage and kicking a goal, or a player kicking it to himself in a kick out and then running the whole length of the field to goal.
And I've never seen the later!!

I'm yet to see a player who doesn't make fundamental errors, except Nick of course
Ash’s are major, though. Like offence when he should be playing defence due to the change in the game plan.

Or trying to play on but making a fundamental mistake in doing so.

Watch his game closely and you’ll start to see how many times he applies little pressure. Unless the player runs into him, he rarely tackles.

He won’t be playing AFL for a long time unless we’re in some sort of crisis.

Ash’s are major, though. Like offence when he should be playing defence due to the change in the game plan.

Or trying to play on but making a fundamental mistake in doing so.

Watch his game closely and you’ll start to see how many times he applies little pressure. Unless the player runs into him, he rarely tackles.

He won’t be playing AFL for a long time unless we’re in some sort of crisis.
I don't think anyone is expecting him to play in the near future. I would imagine that what you said is the exact thing they are trying to teach him. I bet you he plays senior games this year and it won't be due to a crisis. I reckon you go way too early on writing off players

Think Jordy may spend more time forward this week, but also think Shultz plays deeper with Jamie out (he did at Freo).
Yeah I'm surprised given That A) our midfield is firing and B) that we need A genuine Forward that the haven't placed Jordy in the Fwd Square.

Since when do we devalue a players Goal contribution on the basis that Finn was given the opportunity ( via a kick or handball) by another player. That's just flawed logic, given almost 100% of goals result from an earlier possessions by a team mate.
Unless its a goal from a dispossession of an opponent, a Ruckman taking the ball at stoppage and kicking a goal, or a player kicking it to himself in a kick out and then running the whole length of the field to goal.

Someone has to give the players the ball
Richards can also credit fin for his goal they worked well together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think David Dench may have done it - but that was sometime around 1975, so you'd need to be an oldie like me to remember it

Depends on whether Harvey is a realistic chance of getting up in time.

I agree, there must be some residual doubt on Harvey. I doubt though that they would debut Allan without all the normal hoopla associated with such things so I’d have Kreuger and Dean ahead as likely inclusions if HH doesn’t get up.

Doesn't make any sense saying that Kreuger needs a block of VFL games and at the same time making him the carryover, missing the opportunity to play. Unless the VFL have a bye.

Kreuger’s fitness doesn’t seem to be an issue at VFL level. Assume he’d have done a bit of a mini preseason before his return. Based on those assumptions, I don’t think he “needs” a block of games although a longer block of VFL games certainly won’t hurt him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a pity with the scheduling. This carry over emergency is such a detriment to the player.

Do we know how Logan Morris & the Lions got around it?

Yeah can’t work that out. Was he even the carry over emg? Did he just play a half or full game?
Generally clubs have 1 player that doesn’t play vfl so not sure if lions just took a risk they didn’t think there would be any late outs - until there was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The logic is just flawed. I doubt Pienik would be blaming Richard's, if Finn had missed the goals ?
And if you think of it that way, nobody gives a disposal without another. Nick? Pendles? would be nobodies. It's called a team sport. Everyone contributes to each others impact whether its possession chains, clearances, goals.

Only players that do it themselves are rucks and those taking the kick ins lol

And if you think of it that way, nobody gives a disposal without another. Nick? Pendles? would be nobodies. It's called a team sport. Everyone contributes to each others impact whether its possession chains, clearances, goals.

Only players that do it themselves are rucks and those taking the kick ins lol
Nick kicks, taps & handballs to himself sometimes 😆

No idea if we can sell tickets here but I now have a ticket for sale tomorrow in Level 1 AFL members . Happy for someone to take it on the cheap if keen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back