Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Try and fit in Titch, Elliot, JDG & some sorta height cover for our defence without dropping Richards.

We also will look to play Reef with Mihocek out.

Our bottom 6 is probably:
HH, Sullivan, Bytel, Macrae, Fin & Reef.

It’s unlucky, but he’s not best 22 yet. Last one, first one out.
Not sure Titch is a shoe in on recovery. Crisp, Nick and Pendles have been a fantastic midfield the last fortnight and if Jordy is fit do we bring in another full time mid?

I would still bring in Mitchell,if fit.Having him in allows other midfieldsers like Pendlebury and Nick to go forward and help out our forward line,which is badly under strength at the moment.

Yes. I was there. The cupboard is very bare with regard to the return of a number of best 22 players like Elliott, Mcceery , Degoey, Mihocek, Howe, Harvey Harrison and Mitchell.

I loved the performances of all of our young boys. If they go down we are out of options. A bare cupboard at the moment.
In the words of the coach, we will have 23 Collingwood jumpers who are really connected.

I’ve been reading for weeks about the lack of depth and doom and gloom in the VFL. Not to mention the impending cliff.
Turns out the guys in charge do know what they are doing.

Watching them now, Adelaide are a very very dangerous team when they spread from the contest.

This is going to be a good game. Need to step it up a gear again.

Meh, Adelaide haven’t been great this year

Sounded from the presser that Jamie will miss a few more week and that Beau is not right.
DeGoey & Mitchell 50/50 so if they are both fit, this will be my side.

IN: L.Schulz, T.Mitchell, J.DeGoey
OUT: H.Harrison (injured), J.Howe (injured), J.Bytel (injured)

B: B.Maynard - B.Frampton - I.Quaynor
HB: S.Sidebottom - D.Moore - J.Noble
C: J.Daicos - S.Pendlebury - P.Lipinski
HF: L.Schulz - W.Hoskin-Elliott - J.DeGoey
F: B.Hill - R.McInnes - J.Richards
R: D.Cameron - J.Crisp - N.Daicos
I: M.Cox - O.Markov - T.Mitchell - F.Macrae
S: L.Sullivan

If one of these guys are not available, next up would be Dean, Allan or Kreuger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell no guarantee as lock in our best 23 when all back on deck in my view. Has been pretty average this year, and Sullivan may have gone past him (as well as getting more value from Crisp in the middle)

Not with Howe out injured. Kreuger is needed in the senior team now.
Not necessarily. Crows backline isn't huge. I think a lot depends on who gets up. De Goey as a deep forward is an option with how the midfield is going. Frampton forward with Dean coming in (Dean being the much better VFL player) is another option

Not necessarily. Crows backline isn't huge. I think a lot depends on who gets up. De Goey as a deep forward is an option with how the midfield is going. Frampton forward with Dean coming in (Dean being the much better VFL player) is another option
I am assuming that JDG and Mitchell will not play. I don't want Frampton forward. Perhaps Dean has to come in given his VFL performance, but this seems a week tailor made for Kreuger given the loss of Howe.

Suspect there might not be too many ins.

Shultz for Harrison
Dean for Howe… play a midget forward line but frampton the swing man if needed. McInnes and Hoskin ellliott were awesome today and if cox/Cameron can get on the end of a few it should be enough
DeGoey or Mitchell for Bytel . Doubt both get up and if they do maybe Mitchell gets a game in the vfl.

Medium term…
Has Sullivan passed mitchell
Are both Noble and Markov best 22 or will one get sacrificed again like last year to allow a deeper midfield
What about Joe Richards. Good potential problem when our small forwards are all back
What about Reef
Can Fin back it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back