Preview Round 11, 2022: Gold Coast v Hawthorn, 7:40pm 28th May, TIO stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just realised I won't be able to watch this weekend due to being at GABS (Craft beer festival) on Saturday night.

Either going to be a fun replay to watch upon returning home on Sunday or a game I'll be happy I missed. Hopefully the former.

I laughed at the thought of Howe in the ruck...
But, playing devil's advocate...Howe gives his all, is never afraid to put his body on the line, and is relatively durable/well built. It also gives us an additional defensive midfielder in our setups.

Would it be the worst thing? Arguably we could have Howe ruck, Nash, Newcombe and a third player at the drop of the ball...we might lose the taps but the opposition midfield are going to have a hard time getting it out.

And if all Witts does is start smashing the ball forward by 20 metres each bounce or throw, well if our half backs adapt well, that is as good as a rushed kick out of the centre that is gathered by our half backs.

Perhaps I am simply looking for the silver lining.
We love devil's advocates mate. 😂

Last edited:
Just realised I won't be able to watch this weekend due to being at GABS (Craft beer festival) on Saturday night.

Either going to be a fun replay to watch upon returning home on Sunday or a game I'll be happy I missed. Hopefully the former.
Can't wait for another year of Stone & Wood on the podium

Taking my 4 year old to her first footy game! She has her hawk gear ready and is ready to scream go hawks all game! Can't wait to take her and hope we get the win!

Worried about Gold Coast both with their talent but maybe being use to a bit more of the humidity. The Darwin Afl games ussually aren't really the smoothest at the start as players get used to the humidity and a bit of slickness on the ball.

I like the idea of Frost because you know he will bash and crash his way around most of the ball ups causing a bit of chaos. Has a good leap so might try different positions and come over the top as much as he can. There won't be much standing still and wrestling thats not what will work. Witts will direct the ball at will to his mids. Cause a bit of confusion as to what we're doing all the time I think will work because most rucks like routine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why Lewis isn’t in the conversation, has the most size out of available players and has played well in the ruck previously. Frosty could be decent, as he played ruck as a junior.
No way do you put him in there and risk a knee injury or anything else to a key forward with his promise.

Explore all other options first.

• The Hawks are preparing to play in Darwin by training with footballs covered in dishwashing liquid
😂 should do this every week haha
When they play Geelong, they should train with all the players covered with dishwashing liquid, to prepare for tackling Selwood.

No way do you put him in there and risk a knee injury or anything else to a key forward with his promise.

Explore all other options first.
Yes, you need somebody expendable, cannon fodder if you will...that's why Sammy mooted the idea of Daniel Howe!

Sent from my SM-A326B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure why Lewis isn’t in the conversation, has the most size out of available players and has played well in the ruck previously. Frosty could be decent, as he played ruck as a junior.
He could be the next big thing in the comp as a KPF.

You don't use a Ferrari to plough a field

He is our best key forward. It is why Kosi has been sent into the ruck as he is an inferior forward to Lewis so it is less damaging to our forward line

Taking my 4 year old to her first footy game! She has her hawk gear ready and is ready to scream go hawks all game! Can't wait to take her and hope we get the win!

Worried about Gold Coast both with their talent but maybe being use to a bit more of the humidity. The Darwin Afl games ussually aren't really the smoothest at the start as players get used to the humidity and a bit of slickness on the ball.
I’m heading up too and am looking forward to it. Any advice for a weekend in Darwin? Getting to and from the ground, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back