Preview Round 11, 2024 : Hawks v Lions, 1:10pm Sunday 26th May, Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Scrimshaw and Sicily are in then it's probably Serong and Phillips out unless someone else is carrying an injury.

Neither of them have done anything wrong, we've simply got better players for their positions available and shouldn't require more than 3 talls down back against Brisbane with Hipwood out.

Breust sub again, or Wingard.

According to the clubs injury update Sicily is a test to play this week, will be interesting to see who makes way if he gets up.
In: Scrimshaw
Out: Serong

Leave it at that. We played very well against Port leading for all but 26 seconds of the game.

Sicily did an ankle and dislocated a shoulder. No need to play him if he is still recovering and not 100%

Wiz to Sub or BH. Needs confidence.

If Sicily is fit I'd play him forward. We've played our best football this year without him in the backline anyway.
He did spark our season with his moment of courage though.

Out Wiz, Serong.

In Scrimshaw, Sicily

If Sicily is fit I'd play him forward. We've played our best football this year without him in the backline anyway.

Out Wiz, Serong.

In Scrimshaw, Sicily
Would love the Wiz to tear it up at BH, to give him some much needed confidence and touch. He really should have done better against Aliir in that run down to goal, would have changed the game.

Is Gunston to come back in against Brisbane? As he was supposedly managed not omitted.
Two more games to his 250th, this week against Brisbane and next week at the G against the Crows seems fitting.
Give Brisbane and Adelaide fans a chance to say goodbye to a 17 and 14 game legend of each of their clubs.

Btw, Weddle was tagged by mctee. Only 20 odd games into his career and the Oppo are already putting work into him. İf Sicily plays, we win that game. Our backline is really getting to the elite standard and will get better with time.

Knock on effect of Sicily missing.

Still just shows how much oppo coaches rate him..I thought they would send him to Amon.

Would love the Wiz to tear it up at BH, to give him some much needed confidence and touch. He really should have done better against Aliir in that run down to goal, would have changed the game.

Might have not been running at 100 percent with that hamstring tightness.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's managed this week.

To be fair Aliir only needed on stride to cover four of Wizards!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking the same thing on the weekend.

To have Sicily and Hardwick rotating between forward and back would make us very dangerous. It's also slightly revolutionary thinking in AFL. I can't think of an example of a player being used like Hardwick has been in modern times.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Ross Glendinning, Glenn Jackovich, Alastair Lynch, David Neitz Adam Goodes and Matthew Pavlich were all definitely capable of playing at both ends within a game.

Give Brisbane and Adelaide fans a chance to say goodbye to a 17 and 14 game legend of each of their clubs.
I know a couple of crows fans who are still bitter at him for leaving.

If we have both Sic and Hardwick forward, I'm every chance of forgetting which end we're kicking to!
Just look for Frosty. Can only think he'd be shifted forward in a "break glass if needed" moment.

Impey - Frost - Mitchell
Sicily - Phillips - Scrimshaw

Meek - Newcombe - Day
Amon - Nash - D'Ambrosio

Moore - Chol - Ginnivan
Watson - Dear - Hardwick

Bench:
Weddle - Mackenzie - Worpel - CJ or MacDonald

Sub:
MacDonald or CJ

Matchups:

Mitchell to take Cameron.

Impey to take Rayner. On the off chance he gets going then Hardwick could move back onto him.

Nash to take Dunkley.

TBH I'm not sure Phillips has a natural matchup in this game, but I think he would free up Sicily to play at his intercepting best. I think Scrimshaw is probably the best natural matchup for Hipwood.

Impey - Frost - Mitchell
Sicily - Phillips - Scrimshaw

Meek - Newcombe - Day
Amon - Nash - D'Ambrosio

Moore - Chol - Ginnivan
Watson - Dear - Hardwick

Bench:
Weddle - Mackenzie - Worpel - CJ or MacDonald

Sub:
MacDonald or CJ

Matchups:

Mitchell to take Cameron.

Impey to take Rayner. On the off chance he gets going then Hardwick could move back onto him.

Nash to take Dunkley.

TBH I'm not sure Phillips has a natural matchup in this game, but I think he would free up Sicily to play at his intercepting best. I think Scrimshaw is probably the best natural matchup for Hipwood.
Hipwood suspended.

Ross Glendinning, Glenn Jackovich, Alastair Lynch, David Neitz Adam Goodes and Matthew Pavlich were all definitely capable of playing at both ends within a game.

Don't forget about Silk. Clarko would chuck him everywhere bar the ruck.

Out Wiz, Serong.

In Scrimshaw, Sicily
Sub for confidence? Give him potentially the last quarter to get his shit together for his confidence?
I personally think we persevere, in the seniors or let him beat up on VFL players.
The kid is a freak, you can already tell it’s going to click for him at some point. When he does he will explode. Whether that’s in the seniors or VFL I will leave to the coaches.
Only a bloke that is looking for a senior opportunity would get confidence named as sub, not the other way round.

Outs:

Sam Mitchell - horrendous coaching performance for the last 40 minutes which cost us the game (emotional statement but still true)
Bruest - hurts to say this because he has been a true champion of the club but he is cooked. The game has gone past him speed wise and he hasnt applied forward pressure for the past 3 years
Serong - unlucky but just needs to keep chipping away at Box Hill and will get other opportunities

Ins:

Brett Ratten - just like Jeffrey wanted to do with Clarko, give Mitch a spell!
Sicily - as many have mentioned, with Phillips and Frost locking down, should see him freed up
Scrimshaw - after a slow burn has finally found the consistently which we have been looking for

What about the first 3/4s. Sammy was elite with coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back