Autopsy Round 11 - Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants, Sun 3rd June 2018, Adelaide oval, 4.10pm ACST

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutsy win.

That half time score flattered the Crows, umpiring way too one sided.

It was exactly the sort of game your boys had to fight for. You're back in it now.

I’m screaming at him to Centre the ball and my wife says there’s 18 seconds to go. Guess I got caught up.
Great win.
He was going to chip it over the top to whoever (Jezza?) was in the goal square, but Kelly yelled at him about the time and to just run it down.

Absolutely awesome win. Gutsy stuff. Character building, season defining stuff.

What impressed me most was that they actually played with smarts, with poise, with a plan. They ran in waves, were quick by hand, looked for short options, it was amazing to not just see them bomb it on the boot at every chance. I really hope this is a trend, and not just a one-off thing. Because the skill on this team coupled with that kind of poise and awareness will be tough to counter.

How good was Griffen? 22 touches and 3 goals, but it was his smarts and strength around the contest that just did so much damage. He needed that after a quiet patch.

Langdon was sensational. Everything he touched turned to gold. Probably the most influential player tonight.

Shiel was superb, back to his best after some really poor weeks.

Thought Taylor was awesome on debut. So cool and composed, great in 1-on-1 contests, just wasn't beaten. Haynes was good too, looked to have been freed up a bit more tonight, which is when he's at his damaging best.

Whitfield awesome, so clean. Kelly and in particular Ward with huge second halves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that was a sweet, sweet victory after the last few weeks and the hometown umpiring effort. In the stats, we lost the hitouts, lost the clearance battle, lost the contested possession battles, lost the frees, and lost the inside 50 count - yet tackled like crazy and played some pretty good, intelligent footy. (Where the hell has that been lately?) Well done to Sam Taylor, a great debut and he certainly did his job and contributed to the victory.

And Lloyd just runs out the clock. Well done guys! I would never have tipped us.
I did, but purely because I do every week....
Didn't think we had a chance.

And on that, great game Leon

Top stuff. Not easy to take on an opposition of 22 players, 3 umpires, a batch of commentators with conflicts of interest and 40,000 dills on foreign turf and win going away. Really top stuff.

Just seeing the energy the guys played all day, then Leon sitting on the bench and not in the box... he's really holding himself accountable.
Some posters here put the coach on notice and he delivers in the next game, is it a surprise?

Either way the players had tenacity today which was better than most games this year, and good to see a bit of offensive run and gun again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back