Autopsy Round 12, 2023 : Hawks on smoko for the first half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alternative options

Sam
5. Houstan
4. Finlayson
3. Rozee
2. Breust
1. Worpel

Ken
5. Rozee
4. Butters
3. Rioli
2. Houstan
1. Finlayson
Just couldn't see one coach giving votes to both Breust and Worpel. We got creamed when the game was there to be won. I reckon both coaches gave token votes to Hawks players.

So there's no other combo of votes it can be?

Sitting on hold on the phone bored so may as well chip in. The votes are:

8 - Connor Rozee (PORT)
7 - Dan Houston (PORT)
5 - Jeremy Finlayson (PORT)
4- Zak Butters (PORT)
3 - Junior Rioli (PORT)
2 - Luke Breust (HAW)
1 - James Worpel (HAW)

FInlayson has scored one of 5+0 or 4+1 or 3+2.

Worps got 1 vote, with means Breust got 2 (can't be 1+1 as Worps has one of them). Therefore, Butters got either 4+0 or 3+1 (can't be 2+2 due to Breust).

If Butters got 3+1 then Rioli must have got 3+0, Finlayson must have got 5+0, which means Houston 5+2 and Rozee 4+4.

If Butters got 4+0 then Rioli got 3+0 or 2+1.

If Rioli got 2+1 then we have left 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, so Finlayson 5+0, Houston 4+3, and Rozee 5 +3.

If Rioli got 3+0 then we have left 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, so Rozee 5+3, Houston 5+2, and Finlayson 4+1.

So we have three possible sets of votes:

Butters gets 3+1

Coach ACoach B
FinlaysonHouston
RozeeRozee
ButtersRioli
HoustonBreust
WorpsButters

In this scenario, votes 5 and 2 could both be swapped, and votes 3 and 1 could be swapped, so there's 4 possible combinations.

Butters gets 4+0, Rioli 2+1

Coach ACoach B
FinlaysonRozee
HoustonButters
RozeeHouston
RioliBreust
WorpsRioli

In this scenario, you could have 4 combinations as well (votes 3-5 swap as a block, as do votes 1-2)

Butters gets 4+0, Rioli 3+0

Coach ACoach B
HoustonRozee
FinlaysonButters
RozeeRioli
BreustHouston
WorpsFinlayson

In this scenario, you could swap 5, 3, and 2 as a block; and 4 and 1 as a block, so another 4 possible combinations.

All in all, there are 12 possible combinations of votes for this voting distribution, assuming you care about which coach gave which set of votes. Even if you don't care about which coach gave which votes, there's still 6 combinations.

There's a chance I made an error somewhere, as my brain was becoming numb listening to the hold music, and I got off the call just as I was about to finish the above. And now I really don't like checking my work, but am 95% confident it's right. At least it made the 35 minutes on hold go a bit faster having some of my time on this.

I wonder if there are any other sets of coaches' votes that have as many possible combinations of underlying votes?

Cheers,
P

8 - Connor Rozee (PORT)
7 - Dan Houston (PORT)
4- Zak Butters (PORT)
3 - Junior Rioli (PORT)
2 - Luke Breust (HAW)
1 - James Worpel (HAW)

Worps got 1 vote, with means Breust got 2 (can't be 1+1 as Worps has one of them). Therefore, Butters got either 4+0 or 3+1 (can't be 2+2 due to Breust).

If Butters got 3+1 then Rioli must have got 3+0, Finlayson must have got 5+0, which means Houston 5+2 and Rozee 4+4.

If Rioli got 2+1 then we have left 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, so Finlayson 5+0, Houston 4+3, and Rozee 5 +3.

If Rioli got 3+0 then we have left 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, so Rozee 5+3, Houston 5+2, and Finlayson 4+1.

Butters gets 3+1

Coach ACoach B
FinlaysonHouston
RozeeRozee
ButtersRioli
HoustonBreust
WorpsButters

In this scenario, votes 5 and 2 could both be swapped, and votes 3 and 1 could be swapped, so there's 4 possible combinations.

Coach ACoach B
FinlaysonRozee
HoustonButters
RozeeHouston
RioliBreust
WorpsRioli

In this scenario, you could have 4 combinations as well (votes 3-5 swap as a block, as do votes 1-2)

Coach ACoach B
HoustonRozee
FinlaysonButters
RozeeRioli
BreustHouston
WorpsFinlayson

In this scenario, you could swap 5, 3, and 2 as a block; and 4 and 1 as a block, so another 4 possible combinations.

All in all, there are 12 possible combinations of votes for this voting distribution, assuming you care about which coach gave which set of votes. Even if you don't care about which coach gave which votes, there's still 6 combinations.

There's a chance I made an error somewhere, as my brain was becoming numb listening to the hold music, and I got off the call just as I was about to finish the above. And now I really don't like checking my work, but am 95% confident it's right. At least it made the 35 minutes on hold go a bit faster having some of my time on this.

I wonder if there are any other sets of coaches' votes that have as many possible combinations of underlying votes?

Cheers,
P
Is there a reason I’m not aware of they just don’t publish the votes by coach? Is it considered highly sensitive information?

You

8 - Connor Rozee (PORT)
7 - Dan Houston (PORT)
4- Zak Butters (PORT)
3 - Junior Rioli (PORT)
2 - Luke Breust (HAW)
1 - James Worpel (HAW)

Butters gets 3+1

Coach ACoach B
FinlaysonHouston
RozeeRozee
ButtersRioli
HoustonBreust
WorpsButters

Coach ACoach B
FinlaysonRozee
HoustonButters
RozeeHouston
RioliBreust
WorpsRioli

Coach ACoach B
HoustonRozee
FinlaysonButters
RozeeRioli
BreustHouston
WorpsFinlayson

Cheers,
P
Looks like you were on hold to Telstra
:(

Is there a reason I’m not aware of they just don’t publish the votes by coach? Is it considered highly sensitive information?
The most interesting thing about the coaches votes is when there's complete agreement or complete disagreement. Some coaches just see the game so differently. I've noticed over the years that both Ross Lyon and Luke Beveridge hardly ever seem to agree with the opposing coach.

The most interesting thing about the coaches votes is when there's complete agreement or complete disagreement. Some coaches just see the game so differently. I've noticed over the years that both Ross Lyon and Luke Beveridge hardly ever seem to agree with the opposing coach.
Well luke beveridge thinks Rory Lobb is a wingman. How did that spud win a flag?

Not going to lie was tough being over in Adelaide and down by 96 points early in the 3rd quarter. But at least we played the game out and make the scoreline somewhat respectable.

Still positives from the weekend, seeing Bruest kick his 500th, despite filming two failed attempts for the 2 posters. Nice dinner out at the little hunter friday night, Strathmore hotel pre and post game, elite weather also.

Also was on the same flight back as Punky so was good to congratulate him in person.

Maybe I should avoid interstate trips for the remainder of the year after beltings in Perth and Adelaide, we'll see about the Gold Coast in a couple of weeks.

Not going to lie was tough being over in Adelaide and down by 96 points early in the 3rd quarter. But at least we played the game out and make the scoreline somewhat respectable.

Still positives from the weekend, seeing Bruest kick his 500th, despite filming two failed attempts for the 2 posters. Nice dinner out at the little hunter friday night, Strathmore hotel pre and post game, elite weather also.

Also was on the same flight back as Punky so was good to congratulate him in person.

Maybe I should avoid interstate trips for the remainder of the year after beltings in Perth and Adelaide, we'll see about the Gold Coast in a couple of weeks.
Plane tix to gold coast are 10,000$ . Don't waste away that much cash for a game.

yeah I'm going to that, so if you could not go, I'd appreciate that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back