Game Day Round 13, 2023 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just simply have to win today and I think we will comfortably... tipping 10+ goal win.

However if we lose a top 2 spot is just about out of reach IMO as we would fall 3 wins behind Port and 4 behind the Magpies assuming they win on the Kings birthday.

Caveat to that is we do have a game in hand as Port and Magpies both have the pointless bye to come.

Llllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooonnnnnnnnsssssssssss!

If we win today the dream of a 2nd Saturday afternoon fixture at the G this season remains alive. We need a really strong 2nd half of the season if we are to run down @$%& Port

If we win today the dream of a 2nd Saturday afternoon fixture at the G this season remains alive. We need a really strong 2nd half of the season if we are to run down @$%& Port
As long as we keep winning we are only one win behind Port at the moment.
So top 2 is still a very real possibility.
Let’s hope Geelong can take it up to Port next week?

Got it. First on.

Go Lions from Zagreb.

Will be watching on The OS AFL thingo.

We need to murder these guys.
Watched the crows game in Tel Aviv, hopefully this game is more enjoyable than that one.

Anything less than a 10 goal win will be disappointing. A win wont be anything to really celebrate, it should be given, but is it. The Lions need to do a hell of a lot to impress nowdays given what other contenders are putting up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit windy this morning here in Melbourne. Hopefully may result in us kicking 9.1 in a qtr.

Any chance we don’t ‘turn up’ today and are embarrassed in the same way we were against Port Adelaide and Footscray?
Agree we were bad against Port... I was trekking off grid for the Dogs loss and I didn't watch a replay it but it wasn't a big loss (14 points), were we really that bad against them?

Agree we were bad against Port... I was trekking off grid for the Dogs loss and I didn't watch a replay it but it wasn't a big loss (14 points), were we really that bad against them?
Oh yeah.

afl.com.au/news/945767

It's other players fault his leads aren't getting honoured . But we're listening to what he says.

No mention at all re defensive pressure which is the major issue as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway let's see if we start looking for him and finding him today.

It has been strange for a while now how the club is standing up for him. Must be noticing the comments

It has been strange for a while now how the club is standing up for him. Must be noticing the comments
There's absolutely no doubt they'd be aware of what people are saying, not just from this club.

They keep talking about leading patterns and getting used to it but not a word about the elephant in the room.

I think Fish gave Kiddy votes in the last game and Kiddy has been way better than Gunston.

We know he will come good to some extent in a game sooner or later but it's just the pressure he'd be able to apply against a strong team that has me petrified.

IMO there would definitely be players and/or staff who frequent Big Footy...social media is an amazingly popular societal phenomena.

I don’t think it’s that strange. In the end we only see the performances he puts out but inside the club they would judge him entirely different. It’s clear the players (not just the coaches) really value him and want him out there which isn’t something you’ll be able to see as a viewer.

Not saying we shouldn’t drop him, but important to recognise that there’s simply things we don’t see or know about what he brings to the side.

Yeah the dogs played poorly and against a competent team would have lost. We just were really really bad. Attitude and effort sucked. I would have been happier if I'd heard after the game that half the team had the flu. That game is a one of the main reasons questions get asked about our form away in Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back