Autopsy Round 16 2023 – Melbourne Demons vs GWS Giants, Sunday, July 2, 3.20pm AEST, TIO Traegar Park, NT

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
So far this round, there's been one near upset (Bombers almost beating port) & one upset-of-sorts (Cats-Swans draw) - let's hope that we can have a real upset tomorrow afternoon by GWS sending the orange tsunami through TIO Traegar Park to defeat the Demons. Of course, it will be a big ask, given the 100% loss rate of teams coming off byes against teams who aren't, but we can dream eh?

The weather's looking decidedly Melbourne-like, though. Perhaps that's not a good sign. Anyway, fingers crossed and hopes are high! Go GIANTS!

AS Wx.png

ML v GWS.png

So far this round, there's been one near upset (Bombers almost beating port) & one upset-of-sorts (Cats-Swans draw) - let's hope that we can have a real upset tomorrow afternoon by GWS sending the orange tsunami through TIO Traegar Park to defeat the Demons. Of course, it will be a big ask, given the 100% loss rate of teams coming off byes against teams who aren't, but we can dream eh?

The weather's looking decidedly Melbourne-like, though. Perhaps that's not a good sign. Anyway, fingers crossed and hopes are high! Go GIANTS!

View attachment 1726641

View attachment 1726645
I think we are a good chance to win. Melbourne's forward line isn't great, Oliver is missing. They can be very inaccurate with their goalkicking.
I rate us a much better chance in this game than the Brisbane or Bulldogs games this year.
Briggs is a big factor, as is Taylor.

Going to be a tough game for us, but the way Kingsley has developed the team gives us reasons to be optimistic. The market has also swung slightly towards us since last week though we are still overwhelming underdogs at $2.79 (Melbourne are $1.42). Will give us a good indication of our finals prospect this year.

I think we are a good chance to win. Melbourne's forward line isn't great, Oliver is missing. They can be very inaccurate with their goalkicking.
I rate us a much better chance in this game than the Brisbane or Bulldogs games this year.
Briggs is a big factor, as is Taylor.

This game has a “you will never beat Geelong in Geelong” feel to it.

I reckon the belief may be back after a big win and a refresh over the break.

Giants by 3

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are getting a belting from the umps. Not just the count, but a stack of kicking in danger not paid to us, they have been given 3.
Insufficient internet, no benefit for us, plenty for them.
The no call high on Toby was horrendous.
Yet it's all square.
Every chance here.

We are getting a belting from the umps. Not just the count, but a stack of kicking in danger not paid to us, they have been given 3.
Insufficient internet, no benefit for us, plenty for them.
The no call high on Toby was horrendous.
Yet it's all square.
Every chance here.
The 14-1 free kick count right now is a joke. Legitimately not sure what it's going to take for us to get paid a free here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back