Game Day Round 16, 2023 : Hawks v Blues, 1:10pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the coach’s fault todays performance terrible team selection. Fergus Greene should never play for us again. You’re there to kick goals and be efficient but you miss 3 get table shots when we need a goal. Doesn’t bring in DGB when we have Sicily and CJ out against McKay and curnow. Drops McKenzie why? I’m not a Kosi fan but he’s played well had one bad game and gets dropped. Continues to play 2 ruckman which makes us slower around the ground. We are playing a team with 0 ruckman and are getting destroyed out of the middle.

All our flaws exposed for ALL to see.

Senior players are C/D graders.
Ignoring the top of the draft for so long will take more time to rectify than most hoped.
We have promising younger players, Sis and Mitch Lewis. That's it.

Sadly, just seems Ferg is just not a good foil for Lewis.

It's obvious as day, as Lewis is constantly getting double-team and we only look to him as the get out target. We need that second physical presence desperately, and Ferg just doesn't get it done. Sad, because I love the bloke and he earned a go based of last years efforts, but he hasn't hit those heights this season.

Bring in DGB or Kozi to play the foil role. We need it.

They’re rucks 16 possies and 5 marks. Ours 5 possies and 2 mark. Pathetic effort. As someone else wrote charge into the ruck, jump and get your knees up and cause a bit of pain at a minimum. Also have we actually laid a tackle in our forward 50 yet?

Dylan Moore great advertisement for Captain?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All our flaws exposed for ALL to see.

Senior players are C/D graders.
Ignoring the top of the draft for so long will take more time to rectify than most hoped.
We have promising younger players, Sis and Mitch Lewis. That's it.
Analysis is poor because I can look at the Brisbane game and say we have future stars everywhere. This is poor selection and game planning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Attending my second game for the year, wish I’d stayed at home. There are no words for that.

It’s like Box Hill seconds ran out in place of the side that beat StKilda and Brisbane.

We’re making that worthless mob look like premiers.

😫🤬😡🥵😢

Box Hill seconds would have a dip.

Felt like a Clarko-esk team selection with giving greene, Wingard and Morrison a game (also Finn as the sub) ahead of young players who have been playing much better in the VFL.

DGB has to be selected next week, no excuses

I thought something in our season died last week and gees, I’m not seen anything here to think a resurrection is close. I think our worst is west coast bad and I can’t explain why that is. It’s going to be a long day.

It is literally effort.
Watch replays, you have midfielder who are all stagnant. Nit proactive. Not reactive. Stagnant. Witcheshats almost.

We don't have one forward making a lead. They'd rather stand and point to the sky

We have defenders who are putting no pressure on the lead, and no midfielder pushing back hard to block up space.

This loss is 100% on the hawks. The blues are woeful.

Only good thing is it'll give them false hope

Sadly, just seems Ferg is just not a good foil for Lewis.

It's obvious as day, as Lewis is constantly getting double-team and we only look to him as the get out target. We need that second physical presence desperately, and Ferg just doesn't get it done. Sad, because I love the bloke and he earned a go based of last years efforts, but he hasn't hit those heights this season.

Bring in DGB or Kozi to play the foil role. We need it.

Teams show zero respect to Ferg.

He isn't an aerial threat so they will double team Lewis. They can zone off him as he isn't particularly quick. They know if they can pressure the ball carrier they can leave him in space out the back as our ability to hit a tricky target in the pocket is unlikely. And even if he is to get that shot on goal he's liable to miss.

He's a good VFL player and that's it.

Our midfield has been solid this year but the last two rounds suggests changes need to be made. No skills as a collective group, second to the ball, but most importantly no defensive running. If they're not winning the ball they're giving us nothing.

The less said about our rucks the better. Against Young and Silvagni and these campaigners can't even get a hit out to advantage.

Remember when people were saying we don’t need Harley Reid 😂

Reminiscent of the late Clarko days, both with selection and gameplan. We can't play older guys if they aren't putting the work in up the ground, and if our plan inside 50 is just bomb it we'll go the whole game goalless.

Also they need to actually perform at Box Hill like Ward did last week!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was kinda spewing that I was going to miss the game because of a flight.

Looking at the afl app, am pretty pleased I'm at the airport. What the hell??

Twin rucks not working at all this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back