Trades Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

No way we get through another 9 rounds and no injuries, especially this late in the AFL season.

Rookie mistake to run out of trades, and we have been playing this way too long.

4 trades heading into finals is a strong position to be in. 2 is ok. 0 is not.

This is my issue. I don't want to go into SC finals with no trades remaining. Trying to make it there from here with 2 trades left is a bit ambitious.

If it makes anyone feel better on here, absmagic (4th overall last year) is on 0 trades and has Jezza and Yeo.

The king of burning trades

Squeeky bum time for me.

Johnson, Sheldrick + $245k to upgrade the last 2 midfield spots to complete my team.

Hopefully Mills drops enough after this week, and will trade Johnson for him regardless. Then, the week after I hope Sheldrick has raised enough that I can turn him into J.Steele or similar. If not, I suppose I could raise an extra 50k by downgrading H.Sharp to some nuffy.

That's wild. What cover you got?
I was afraid you'd ask that. guilty look

I really meant reliable 60-70 pt cover - Fyfe, Johnson, Cincotta, Sheldrick types - not the crossed-fingers type Maric Sinn level.

Could turn one of them over to Mills as a 23rd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is Fletchers JS like?
I might need to trade Sturt to Fletcher, by moving Fyfe fwd.
Its the only way to open up my DPP link, as I have both Fyfe and Drury stuck in the mids.
I could get Hewett instead, but his scoring is putrid.
fletcher is playing decently but has poor js. not helped by bailey playing more inside pushing mccluggage to a wing and zorko likely to return next week

think this run of games is to give him a taste at the level before he goes back to vfl to work on his game. we generally try give our rookies a run of 3 games when doing so (see sharp earlier in the year, tunstill last year)

low tog a symptom of his first preseason being an interrupted one will probably not be able to play out the season in the afl side

hewett has far better js (and a more sc friendly role) for mine

Hump > Serong

Thatll Do Shrek 2 GIF by PeacockTV

Been holding Oliver this entire time, and plan on continuing to do so. But bloody hell, covering both he AND Titch this weekend if he also misses is going to really make things tough.

Hi Legends,
Could really use some advice what i should be doing this week. With Clarry out again makes it a tough call weather to trade or hold. Personally i want to hold as will be annoyed if he is back next week. Hayden Young in my back line isn't setting to world on fire but think i need to hold also.
11 trades, 2 boost & $104,600 in the kitty.

Cincotta -> Fletcher (Swing Contstable Def)

Any thoughts on what trades i should do would be much apparated.
Capture.JPG

Hi Legends,
Could really use some advice what i should be doing this week. With Clarry out again makes it a tough call weather to trade or hold. Personally i want to hold as will be annoyed if he is back next week. Hayden Young in my back line isn't setting to world on fire but think i need to hold also.
11 trades, 2 boost & $104,600 in the kitty.

Cincotta -> Fletcher (Swing Contstable Def)

Any thoughts on what trades i should do would be much apparated.
View attachment 1724645
Tbh I can't see where the $$$ for your F6 is coming from, without completely draining your bench.

Gotta keep Cincotta and Johnson for cover.
Fletcher JS not great I don't think.

Melican nearly maxed out, maybe trade him down?

1688013925345.png

7 trades and 36k in the bank (1 boost)

The time has come to make a decision on a few players - Gawn/Briggs combo, Humphrey and Ashcroft/Wilmot.

Current thinking is

1. Gawn - Gulden (via Madden)
2. Humphrey -> Fletcher
3. Ashcroft -> Premo mid under 645k (Libba, Walsh, Mills, Serong)

Would leave me with 4 trades
Wilmot to cover DEF/MID, Fletcher and Johnson to cover Clarry. Maric as only Forward cover..

Is it too late on Sheldrick? Could get him over Fletcher if the mid choice is Walsh.

Sadly Lions game forces my hand this week to make trades.

Unless I hold off on the upgrade and just do Gawn-> Gulden and dg Humpa. I had planned to trade Johnson and Ashcroft and hold Humpa, but his role on the weekend was poor and he will start bleeding value now.

Any other ideas?

EDIT- Instead of Fletcher I could go with Hewett or Binns if named (brings back MID/FWD DPP) which frees up additional $

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back