Trades 2024 Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so after preaching conservative, sensible trades, I'm looking for advice on how to do the exact opposite.

I'm pretty committed to trading Fisher to Heeney and want help to find the $95K or so I need (as I only have $11K in the bank).

This is the team...

View attachment 1935465
View attachment 1935466

Options:
Option 1: Amon to T.Berry, Fisher to Heeney ($266K ITB to upgrade Gibcus to Mass next week and fix other rookies) - I actually like the Amon pick - he averaged 107 when moved to the backline at the end of last year and scored 89 week 1 with very little kick in opportunities due to Essendon's accuracy. But he will probably only average 95-100 (so not a MUST have) and I suspect there will be a number of backline premiums available to us throughout the year.
Option 2: Bontempelli to Serong/Green, Fisher to Heeney - OK, so I know this sounds crazy/sideways/point chasing. I know Bont will remain a good pick and you don't waste trades doing sideways moves of premium players that are not injured. But, as I was saying preseason, Bont has averaged 116-120 every other year besides last season and premium prices converge down as rookies increase in value so I am certain he will be available for $100K cheaper later. Confident the likes of Green can match him for 100K less, allowing me to get in Heeney and I can roughie Bont back in later for less.
Option 3: Jordon to T.Berry, Fisher to Heeney - In some ways, this feels more comfortable but Jordon is averaging in the 80's for less than $280K and obviously has some money to make. I'm paying 480K for Amon for example, who also scored in the 80's. However, Footywire also suggests that he will only make about $50-$60K over the next 3 weeks but I'm not sure if they are basing that on continuing to score 80's or something less? If only $60 odd thousand to be made (and not a keeper), that is justifiable to me.

(Had hoped to do Z.Williams to Hore instead but am about $1K short)

So, which option do you like best (or can you see another way to find $90K ish)??

Thanks all.
A single Amon > Heeney looks the obvious play. Sort out the backs next week. Fisher is not an urgent concern, plenty would like to hold him this week if Heeney wasn't on the bubble

OK, so after preaching conservative, sensible trades, I'm looking for advice on how to do the exact opposite.

I'm pretty committed to trading Fisher to Heeney and want help to find the $95K or so I need (as I only have $11K in the bank).

This is the team...

View attachment 1935465
View attachment 1935466

Options:
Option 1: Amon to T.Berry, Fisher to Heeney ($266K ITB to upgrade Gibcus to Mass next week and fix other rookies) - I actually like the Amon pick - he averaged 107 when moved to the backline at the end of last year and scored 89 week 1 with very little kick in opportunities due to Essendon's accuracy. But he will probably only average 95-100 (so not a MUST have) and I suspect there will be a number of backline premiums available to us throughout the year.
Option 2: Bontempelli to Serong/Green, Fisher to Heeney - OK, so I know this sounds crazy/sideways/point chasing. I know Bont will remain a good pick and you don't waste trades doing sideways moves of premium players that are not injured. But, as I was saying preseason, Bont has averaged 116-120 every other year besides last season and premium prices converge down as rookies increase in value so I am certain he will be available for $100K cheaper later. Confident the likes of Green can match him for 100K less, allowing me to get in Heeney and I can roughie Bont back in later for less.
Option 3: Jordon to T.Berry, Fisher to Heeney - In some ways, this feels more comfortable but Jordon is averaging in the 80's for less than $280K and obviously has some money to make. I'm paying 480K for Amon for example, who also scored in the 80's. However, Footywire also suggests that he will only make about $50-$60K over the next 3 weeks but I'm not sure if they are basing that on continuing to score 80's or something less? If only $60 odd thousand to be made (and not a keeper), that is justifiable to me.

So, which option do you like best (or can you see another way to find $90K ish)??

Thanks all.
Amon to McKercher

Hi Legends
Thought on the below trades.
Gibcus -> Hore
Clark -> Thomas Berry (Move Laz Mid)

Or

Gibcus -> Hore
Lazzaro -> Billings

Yes i know i would be going a week early on Hore.
Any suggestions?
Capture SuperCoach.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Legends
Gibcus -> Hore
Clark -> Terry (Move Laz Mid)

Or

Gibcus -> Hore
Lazzaro -> Billings

Any suggestions?
View attachment 1935723

If you trade Gibcus to Hore then the week Melbourne have their bye, you will be one short in your Defenders (unless you have someone to replace Reid with) and one short in your Rucks. Leaves you with 20 on field...

Hi Legends
Gibcus -> Hore
Clark -> Terry (Move Laz Mid)

Or

Gibcus -> Hore
Lazzaro -> Billings

Any suggestions?
View attachment 1935723
This is good
Gibcus -> Hore
Lazzaro -> Billings

Have you thought about buffing up your DEF a bit more ....by considering

Gibcus to Massimo
Lazzaro to Sam Berry ($226K) ....via Wilson to FWD's

Assume the latter trade would have to be done next week, as Wilson as already played

This is good
Gibcus -> Hore
Lazzaro -> Billings

Have you thought about buffing up your DEF a bit more ....by considering

Gibcus to Massimo
Lazzaro to Sam Berry ($226K) ....via Wilson to FWD's

Assume the latter trade would have to be done next week, as Wilson as already played
Sam Berry? Last week's performance was trash, hardly any midfield time. If it wasn't for that late goal, he would have scored 60ish.

He's on the chopping block to be traded OUT next week, unless his performance (not score) improves.

Sam Berry? Last week's performance was trash, hardly any midfield time. If it wasn't for that late goal, he would have scored 60ish.

He's on the chopping block to be traded OUT next week, unless his performance (not score) improves.
30% approx CBA's ...any $226K player scoring an 80 of a trash performance .....off-setting that goal, Sam Berry didn't get his customary high # of tackles ...his #1 wood is tackling

1711078510502.png

Last edited:
Yep 40 trades = enough for a few roughies here are there, right Judd_Magic ?
Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

If you trade Gibcus to Hore then the week Melbourne have their bye, you will be one short in your Defenders (unless you have someone to replace Reid with) and one short in your Rucks. Leaves you with 20 on field...
Round 6 is when Melbourne have the bye. Yes i would be 1 short on DEF unless i trade Reid. for my Rucks i will move Jackson in the ruck and Livingstone in the FWD bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the team...

View attachment 1935465
View attachment 1935466

Options:

Thanks all.
Dawson to Max Holmes
Fish to blonde
Gibcus to massimo

This is the team...

View attachment 1935465
View attachment 1935466

Options:

Thanks all.

You got just a bit greedy in the Mids with a 480k M6. Easy fix.
Gibcus > Mass
Amon > Kirch
Fisher > Heeney
Spare $$ for next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back