Review Round 17: Swans vs Carlton - Match Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Putting the thread on a more positive note, the injured players means that we will have to see a full game from 2 of Jack, Rohan and Towers, who would usually be the guys used as sub, so it is a great opportunity to see what they can do for 3-4 quarters.
Agree, this is the game to give these boys a run.

Earlier this year I picked Cunningham and Towers in the Who Will Breakthrough thread, so I have a vested interest in seeing Deano play well.

Agree, this is the game to give these boys a run.

Earlier this year I picked Cunningham and Towers in the Who Will Breakthrough thread, so I have a vested interest in seeing Deano play well.

Rohan needs to find a spot as a starter in the way Cunningham did in the backline. He's struggled as a sub. Although I like what I saw against WC and the club did too from reports.

Towers is actually similar to Rohan in that his pace makes him seem a natural for the sub role. And we know he can kick a good goal. If he has a marking game that BJ doesn't don't be surprised if he hangs around. We'll see.

Rohan vs BJ for a starting position with impending return of Shaw etc will be an interesting subplot tonight.

It says it is going to be raining all through our game but it also says they are expecting between 1mm to 5mm which isn't a lot so hopefully there will not be a lot of rain.

Hate "it". "It" is such a downer. Banging on about rain etc. Especially when it gangs up with "they" and their rumours. :p

It might be greasy. But we've got this one. Carlton are one of the few sides we've beaten in the wet in recent years. They won't want it to rain.

Anyone who wants a meetup post game ;) PM me your mob no.

;)

;)

Thank **** I'm going to this match it's 11 degrees here in Melbourne today!!!! Supposed to be 19/20 in Sydney today with some isolated showers, I can handle that, nothing beer can't solve!!! :drunk:

I live in the Eastern Suburbs near Mt Dandenong and it's 1.8 degrees on my balcony, expected snow showers. Its ****ed bro!

I was close to heading up for this one too, spent way to much coin up there 2 weeks ago Vs. GWS and figured I'd just go for the Essendon game in a few weeks instead, how silly I was.

Last edited:
Looky here a shiny new fred.

Let's rock the tankers and make sure they have a decent pick to trade us for all our excellent depth players that should be playing firsts.

Ima suggest lockyer for the tankers first rounder.

Come on Mick let's talk some business baby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seem to remember Tom Bell give ROK a couple of cheap shots in the final last year. Wouldn't mind seeing him and his his ample fringe have a hard time of it tonight.

I'm here, in Darlinghurst about 10 minutes walk from Museum station, staying @ Sydney City Lodge.

Shower than off to meet the Sydney crew @ PJs.
Slight change of plan, mate says pub already full, so getting something to eat then going in to the ground early to get good seats. Meet @ bar on level 1 of the noble around 6:15?

missing another game live due to a 40th. Thank the lord for recording devices...should pump these guys by 50 pts at least, and good luck to Towers...geez we look quick on paper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back