Autopsy Round 18, 2023 : Hawks wallop Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Decent result, should’ve been a bigger win.

Overuse and bad kicking made it unwatchable at times.

Go at it.

homer-simpson-bleach.gif

Not a game I'll watch again, but good to get a win.

Nash becomes a more complete midfielder with every game, absolute gun. Thought our Port contingent in Amon, Wingard and Impey were all great too. Wingard was one of the few people who used the ball properly at half forward. Showing his quality.

Hard to make any definitive judgements on players given the quality of the opposition
We’ve still got structural issues up forward but when we run and carry we look like a quality outfit

Footnote Sic makes the likes of Scrimshaw and Frost look so much calmer when he’s thinking for them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really should have won by 100 given the dominance we held all game.

We’re clearly well ahead of West Coast and North Melbourne but we’re still at the bottom of the middle tier of teams trying to make the 8.

Some exciting stuff from a lot of young players today. Hopefully with this confidence boost we can pick up some of our better form again. There’s plenty of winnable games ahead of us if we play the right way.

Awful game, worpel was on fire first three quarters and the standout.
Great to see Ward McDonald and Day keep getting the pill and hopefully building a bond for the next decade to be reckoned with.
Breust is incredible how he just keeps scoring!
Still though, need our mids to start scoring more goals. One area I be very critical of if it continues in years to come.

Can’t really complain too much when you win, however that first half, and especially the forward line was really frustrating. Game should have been done and dusted at 1/4 time.
Thought worps was best on for us by a mile.

Sloppy skills hurt us, we were lucky we played a team whose skills were as bad as ours. Lots of work to be done.

Frost made zero errors and kept Larkey to one goal. One of his best games.

Amon was fantastic. Worpel dominated in the middle. Weddle is like a young colt - explosive power and still learning how to use his body.

Sicily quiet but only a handful of Roos I50s making it hard for him to get a lot of the ball.

After watching that mess it's so clear how badly we need another big marking target up front with Mitch (Caddy?). Also need a dynamic avenue to goal up front too (Watson?). Assume one of either will be there so you just take who's left over but the question is what if both are there who do you take?

Anyways I tip my hat to Worps, Amon, CMac and Scrim today. Also didn't mind Weddle either but with how ugly the game was it's hard to tell who really play good or was just made to look good because how bad North are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back