POTY Round 18 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 - Hannebery (he burnt it a couple of times, but you can't deny the massive influence he had on the game)
4 - Tippett
3 - Jetta
2 - Jack
1 - Rampe

YPOTY - Tom Mitchell

To be honest, you could easily swap any of those positions around or throw in McVeigh, Laidler, Kennedy, Mitchell, Shaw, Richards etc. It was a really even showing across the ground, which was the best thing about the win to be honest.

I re-watched the game. You get a much better perspective when you have time to sit back and 'analyse' instead of barracking.

5 - Kieren Jack
4 - Jarrad McVeigh
3 - Tom Mitchell
2 - Luke Parker
1 - Dane Rampe

YPOTY - Tom Mitchell

HM: Tippett, Hannebery, Kennedy, Laidler, Smith

Last edited:
I gave tippett 5

Hannerbery turns it over every second or third kick

If that was the case, given he had 16 kicks, he'd have somewhere between 5 and 8 clangers by foot. He had 4, total, overall. He also had 65% efficiency, not fantastic, but certainly not horrific. With 40 touches, that's the equivalent of 33 touches at 80%.

Throw in his 3 goals (and the fact that his 16 kicks were equal second on the ground to Dane Rampe's whopping 24) and that's a pretty great performance.

Last edited:
If that was the case, given he had 16 kicks, he'd have somewhere between 5 and 8 clangers by foot. He had 4, total, overall. He also had 65% efficiency, not fantastic, but certainly not horrific. With 40 touches, that's the equivalent of 33 touches at 80%.

Throw in his 3 goals (and the fact that his 16 kicks were equal second on the ground to Dane Rampe's whopping 24) and that's a pretty great performance.

Had a lot of it but IMO his touches didn't have as much influence on the result as say Tippo and even Rampe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate the disposal efficiency stat, as it's pretty subjective and paints a very different picture of what can often be clearly seen by the naked eye. I actually don't know what counts as an efficient disposal. Is it simply if the kick or hand pass gets to a teammate? What if they drop an easy mark? What if it goes out of bounds? What if it goes straight to a teammate, but puts them under pressure and they're tackled leading to an opposition goal? (That last one happened on Saturday night.)

What I can tell you is that Hannebery wasted a fair few of his possessions and at times with no pressure on him. BUT, he was clearly the most influential player on the ground and the amount of footy he got moving forward clearly outweighed his turnovers.

I thought Tippett's game was phenomenal. Not only did he have to carry Nankervis (a miserable 4 hitouts) but he almost matched Jacobs in the ruck, beat him around the ground to win 19 possessions and went forward to kick 3 goals. I scored him above Hannebery due to his impact in 2 crucial roles, I also rated Mitchell highly because our game was in a large part won due to strong clearance work and he was easily our best there.

I thought Tippett's game was phenomenal. Not only did he have to carry Nankervis (a miserable 4 hitouts) but he almost matched Jacobs in the ruck, beat him around the ground to win 19 possessions and went forward to kick 3 goals. I scored him above Hannebery due to his impact in 2 crucial roles, I also rated Mitchell highly because our game was in a large part won due to strong clearance work and he was easily our best there.

Was very happy with Tippett's game and I said in another thread that Pyke's injury and/or form loss could be a blessing in disguise, as Tippett could definitely develop into the #1 ruck.

I hate the disposal efficiency stat, as it's pretty subjective and paints a very different picture of what can often be clearly seen by the naked eye. I actually don't know what counts as an efficient disposal. Is it simply if the kick or hand pass gets to a teammate? What if they drop an easy mark? What if it goes out of bounds? What if it goes straight to a teammate, but puts them under pressure and they're tackled leading to an opposition goal? (That last one happened on Saturday night.)

What I can tell you is that Hannebery wasted a fair few of his possessions and at times with no pressure on him. BUT, he was clearly the most influential player on the ground and the amount of footy he got moving forward clearly outweighed his turnovers.

Jack was easily most influencial for mine. He had 10 inside 50s and all of them were score assists, so just about 100% kicking efficiency kicking inside 50. Thats huge, especially when that has been one of our biggest areas that needs improvement.

POTY voting whas always going to be tough this week as you could argue that there are about 12 Swans ahead of the best Crows player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back