Review Round 19, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest double header in the history of our sport or something.
I thought the biggest double header would be the first game of the new Tassie team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah Chee best on ground, by a solid margin. Exceptional game.

Other votes for Dunks, Joe, Kiddy & Harro.

Ashcroft was walking around and while you can't make definitive assumptions based on body language he didn't appear like someone that had done an ACL. Hopefully okay.
I don't think the mechanism or reaction are consistent with an ACL, so that's something at least.

Great effort for three qtrs. Umpires decided to get involved in last qtr. Hope Ashcroft is ok. Dunkley and Ah Chee excellent. Payne destroyed Hawkins - who was too busy gobbing off and never touched the ball.

Take the four points move on.

Dangerfield is a flog.
cant remember the last time hawkins didnt kick a bag on us before tonight

payne is very quickly establishing himself as one of the best lockdown defenders in the comp

I honestly think some football fans forget that both teams are trying to win and there will always be momentum swings.

People can complain that we didn't beat an in form 2022 premiership winning Cats by more, but the reality is we won on the back of controlling them for three quarters and doing enough in the fourth to keep them at bay.

Geelong got some very lucky umpiring tonight and were aided by Zorko (more on him shortly) consistently ******* up. Still, we didn't panic and kept wrestling back the momentum and by the time they got to 12 points down, the clock had ticked down and we flooded to win.

As in the under 9's - all played well.

Would not surprise me if Cal AhChee got 3 Brownlow votes.

That did us more good than a 10 goal win.

Clear BOG. Would surprise me if he didn't get the 3.

Back