Game Day Round 19, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feels like the most important game of the season, even more so than Melbourne last week. Sold out Gabba against the reigning premier a week after a critical 1 point loss at the MCG.

Probably a ridiculous statement but it feels like the result of this game ultimately determines wheather or not we'll make a statement in finals and elevate to that next threshold.

Lose this and a Gabba qualifying final is essentially out of the cards and we'll be put under pressure by the teams below us. Lose this and likely going to be too hard to pick up the pieces. Win and it sets us up for a good home stretch to September.

Lions by 1 point

Last edited:

Home Turf. Sold out crowd.
Reigning Premier as opponent.
They are in form, making a charge.
We are coming off 1 point loss and some self doubts.

Time to put it all to rest and make a statement with a big win. Go Lions !!!

Don't see losing this game as season defining unless they happen to belt us.

I still see us making top 4 if we lose but I don't expect we will.

Don't see losing this game as season defining unless they happen to belt us.

I still see us making top 4 if we lose but I don't expect we will.

Agree about the impact of a big loss, am a bit concerned in light of last year’s preliminary final and what geelong did to the bombers last week.

Did hear Fagan say recently that we were cooked going into that prelim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree about the impact of a big loss, am a bit concerned in light of last year’s preliminary final and what geelong did to the bombers last week.

Did hear Fagan say recently that we were cooked going into that prelim.
Bombers might have hit the wall starting last week, beaten by the Throwdogs by 41 points last night as well, maybe the Cats weren't as impressive as it seemed last week.

Bombers might have hit the wall starting last week, beaten by the Throwdogs by 41 points last night as well, maybe the Cats weren't as impressive as it seemed last week.
Bombers are garbage anyways, beating them by 50 points means about as much as beating west coast by 80.

Cats are still a dangerous opponent though, after reading Grasshopper17 s last post will be watching for a big last quarter. If we can't start running out games now might as well pack it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back