Review Round 19 - Sydney Swans vs Essendon - Match Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Very interesting bringing Shaw back for Laidler. I didn't think Laidler was that bad but I suppose they are quite quick forward and he is not exactly Usain Bolt. But it will leave us a little exposed for height. Rampe will have to take a 193cm forward who has proven he is very good overhead. Laids would probably been far too slow for this young bloke anyway. His name is Ambrose. Although I would have thought he could have taken Hovking as he is not that quick, smart but not quick. Rhyce will probably get Chappy, they are both about 80 in footy years.

Little bit worried that we have been a bit flat recently. Even before the break we looked a bit jaded and were just getting the job done. Put the afterburners on when we needed them against Richmond, West Coast & Carlton but very little else. Lets face it against Blues we virtually played one quarter and then went back to a holding pattern. Some may say but what a quarter but we need to be more consistent than that.

Absolutely, he was in horrendous form in the first half of the season. His two games before these two break out games were also pretty good though, so he has been building up to this, hopefully he can continue it on.

I'm actually pretty happy for Carlisle. Been a s**t year for him. But he's looking like a guy you can build a team around in that position.

League hasn't been any good since the 80's

Used to watch the NRL as a kid but I stopped watching about the same point Souths were kicked out of the competition. To me AFL is just more dynamic and less structured than Rugby League which is why I prefer it. Even at the best of times Aussie Rules is organised chaos and I love that.

I will be in the Noble/Bradman if any Resies watchers want to meet for a coffee and a chat. My number is 0409 602 310.

Absolutely, he was in horrendous form in the first half of the season. His two games before these two break out games were also pretty good though, so he has been building up to this, hopefully he can continue it on.
I reckon he has actually been better than his performances warranted and confidence plays a major part in his game. in some of those early games he led, dropped a mark and hid for a while. in the last few he has led marked and kicked a goal and then everything seemed to open up for him.

speaking personally i reckon (you can't actually do it unfortunately i think) you'd do really well if you played hurley and carlisle forward and had fletcher play on tippett and hooker on buddy - tippett never leads with any speed anymore and fletcher is just as capable of spoiling from a standing start as anyone else in the comp. with hurley and carlisle forward they might keep grundy and richards well separated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some bombers fans blaming umps for last loss.....bit rich

Yeh I guess having 40 points kicked on you in a quarter is all the umpires fault. Game was toasted at the 20 minute mark of the first quarter. Apart from a 50 metre to JPK, that was technical but there, I can't recall umpires being an issue apart from the non frees paid to Tippett who had to have Hooker or whoever it was surgically removed from his angus after the match.

Real rose coloured glasses stuff that but hey - Hird is a good guy a pharmacological experiments on young adults is also cool bananas.

Yeh I guess having 40 points kicked on you in a quarter is all the umpires fault. Game was toasted at the 20 minute mark of the first quarter. Apart from a 50 metre to JPK, that was technical but there, I can't recall umpires being an issue apart from the non frees paid to Tippett who had to have Hooker or whoever it was surgically removed from his angus after the match.
Typo? Or a way to get around the auto censor?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back