1 Day Round 2, 2015 - Western Woodpeckers v Punt Road Mullets at Woodville Oval [50 overs]

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh. Not fussed really.
Virat-Kohli-in-Controversial-India-vs-Australia-2nd-Test-Raising-his-middle-finger.jpg

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#lolfumbler

Looks like fumbler has gone for a deliberate left/right batting combination. They don't always work fumbler.

It's ok.

I had a brief phase I went through when I was 11 where I insisted on becoming a left handed cricketer. The phase lasted for 1 match after racking up a mere total of 1 run (If I'm honest, I didn't even actually hit the ball, jokes on you umpy) in 3 innings and bowling 1 left handed over to their tail enders who were praying that I would eventually land some on the pitch so they could slog me. By the time the over was finally finished I'd given the other team close to 40 runs, many coming from wides and no balls.

Was only a prac match, but these days every time I pick up anything with my left hand I still have dark and daunting flash backs to that day back in 2003, always sends shivers down my spine.

It's ok.

I had a brief phase I went through when I was 11 where I insisted on becoming a left handed cricketer. The phase lasted for 1 match after racking up a mere total of 1 run (If I'm honest, I didn't even actually hit the ball, jokes on you umpy) in 3 innings and bowling 1 left handed over to their tail enders who were praying that I would eventually land some on the pitch so they could slog me. By the time the over was finally finished I'd given the other team close to 40 runs, many coming from wides and no balls.

Was only a prac match, but these days every time I pick up anything with my left hand I still have dark and daunting flash backs to that day back in 2003, always sends shivers down my spine.
I take my stance right handed and ask for leg stump from the umpire. I then switch to my normal left handed stance and the the field has to readjust. It's a good way to break the tension when coming out to bat. The keeper and slips will make a joke about and I feel quite relaxed.
I would only bat right handed if I was playing backyard cricket against a slow bowler. I remember doing this on the streets of Mumbai a few years ago, I failed miserably.

Did we win last game?
Here's the ladder for you, with both sides in bold for conscience.

Rich (BB code):
TEAM                    P    W    L    T    BP       For          Agnst       Net RR    Pts    Streak     L5    Change    GB     Chase

Fighting Furies         1    1    -    -     1    284 / 50.0    222 / 50.0     1.24      3       1W        W       -     Ldr        -
West Coast Warriors     1    1    -    -     -    228 / 44.1    227 / 50.0     0.63      2       1W        W       -     0.5        -
Victoria                1    1    -    -     -    298 / 49.4    296 / 50.0     0.11      2       1W        W       -     0.5        -
Northern Phoenix        1    -    1    -     -    296 / 50.0    298 / 49.4    -0.11      -       1L        L       -     1.5      Ldr
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Western Woodpeckers     1    -    1    -     -    227 / 50.0    228 / 44.1    -0.63      -       1L        L       -     1.5        -
Crocs                   1    -    1    -     -    222 / 50.0    284 / 50.0    -1.24      -       1L        L       -     1.5        -

There is a Ladder thread on the main page, it's currently about half way down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back