Round 2 chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Wasn't a thread for general chat for Round 2 so here it is :)

The Western Roughneck's very own Ollie Wines picked up the 3 votes in what was a tough match against the Roflern Bulldogs in Round 1. Odds have shortened considerably on Wines' chances of winning the inaugural Rookie Medal given he was the only rookie to pick up any votes. Could he come into contention for the League Medal itself? :D

Hehe, I think over the course of a season they'll be pretty even. Viney showed a lot more early in the game than Wines to be fair, and he was one of their BOG (out of him and Grimes really) in a team that got smashed. If Port get done by 70 odd points then it'll be interesting to see if Wines still has an impact the way that Viney did.

Would have been good to set up a BFFl Tipping comp bit of fun and some more discussion to the threads.

In other news Hurricanes are expected to hit Toorak Friday night and continuing on thought the weekend. ;)

I am terrible at this game :p

I wouldn't stress too much :) Greene had his worst ever game, and a few of your other guns were down from expectations. With Harvey, Ball, Montagna, Scotland, Palmer and Crouch all missing out in Round 1 I think you're a way off from your real ladder position ;)

Can you move Merrett into my squad for this round still? I'm hoping he gets F status at some stage still :)

Silly Billy, fumbler

Looking through the teams for Round 2 and it looks like we've already got 3 absentee managers :/

Stormageddon - Monarchy FC
MG MG - Australia Kangaroos
mClarke329 - Victorian Stars

You've all selected guys that aren't playing this week in your best 18 or emergencies yet have blokes on your bench that are playing. Can we get a commitment that these guys are still in? Otherwise can we put the word out for some replacement managers and have the admins ensure they field a full side until we get a replacement? I know a few guys that might be keen on taking over a team from the other league that myself, Zim^zuM and Drew23 are in.

Silly Billy, fumbler

Looking through the teams for Round 2 and it looks like we've already got 3 absentee managers :/

Stormageddon - Monarchy FC
MG MG - Australia Kangaroos
mClarke329 - Victorian Stars

You've all selected guys that aren't playing this week in your best 18 or emergencies yet have blokes on your bench that are playing. Can we get a commitment that these guys are still in? Otherwise can we put the word out for some replacement managers and have the admins ensure they field a full side until we get a replacement? I know a few guys that might be keen on taking over a team from the other league that myself, Zim^zuM and Drew23 are in.

Yeh i've heard MG MG is leaving? Not sure about mClarke, and Stormageddon is a solid as i have seen him around the design section.

Some people forget to change their teams around that's all.

Some people forget to change their teams around that's all.

Figured that might be the case... although since I posted that I saw that MG MG was taking from BigFooty but would still be managing his UF team.

Just need to give those other guys a reminder to set their teams. Stormageddon put a heap of work into his team but is letting himself down with 3 non starters in his best 18, 2 non starting emergencies and 6 playing sitting on his bench. Lucky for him he's up against Australia Kangaroos this round who has even more outs ;) We all went to some effort with the draft etc.. now it's time to reap the rewards ;)

I'm reasonably happy with the Roughnecks progress so far. I might swing a win this round which wasn't expected (had a few players perform well beyond expectations) but so far I've played both rounds with my first two picks (Beams and Naitanui) not firing a shot. Thought I had better depth than I did too but can see down the track it's likely I'll be playing without a full 18. Having a young squad guys are bound to miss through being rested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Rockford, I cant manually move him onto anyone's squad unless they request to sign him. I have increased the limit so you should be able to sign him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back