Autopsy Round 2: Frankston V Richmond @ Frankston Oval - Saturday 2:15pm, 25/04/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody easy to see the clubs agenda in these VFL reports and videos week in week out.

People might say i'm being conspiratorial but the guys who get talked up are the often maligned ones but Dimma's favourites who then stink it up in the AFL a week later. Thomas and Grigg got talked up a lot last year for average games, Nahas the year before when it seems guys like McDonough and Lennon (this year anyway) have to do twice as much to get talked up.
Given Griffiths injury it doesn't really matter, Vickery has to come in as next best available

Yeah thing of beauty that. Also think he got the the down the field free kick which also hit Ty on the chest.
I know this can be easily said and moved on from but his kicking is beautiful to look at. An absolute pleasure to view.

Given Griffiths injury it doesn't really matter, Vickery has to come in as next best available

Oh i know that too and rate Ty's talent. But the club seems to always have an angle of favouring guys who continually cannot do it at AFL level but seem to be the first called up. Yes they are often in the better players at VFL level but McDonough and Nahas would have a similar output in 2013 yet Nahas got rave reviews on VFL vids and reports, McDonough got talked up but always never to same extent and always had more to work on.

Last weeks video when every one at the game said Ty was pretty poor but kicked 3 yet he was the focus of the highlights.

Maybe I am being paranoid but IMO the club media is being driven to show off the highlights of guys Dimma/match committee want in the team as replacements.

Its obvious foley will be first choice next week and yes he had a great game but wet weather footy is now Foley's forte. CEllis had a sensational game for a first year player has far more attribute we require in our AFL team, kicking, poise and creativity but we will be told he has to wait his turn.

For mine 3 of our best 5 kicks of the football have played half an AFL game as sub this year. When we rely so heavily on footskills with our game plan thats a worry.

Oh i know that too and rate Ty's talent. But the club seems to always have an angle of favouring guys who continually cannot do it at AFL level but seem to be the first called up. Yes they are often in the better players at VFL level but McDonough and Nahas would have a similar output in 2013 yet Nahas got rave reviews on VFL vids and reports, McDonough got talked up but always never to same extent and always had more to work on.

Last weeks video when every one at the game said Ty was pretty poor but kicked 3 yet he was the focus of the highlights.

Maybe I am being paranoid but IMO the club media is being driven to show off the highlights of guys Dimma/match committee want in the team as replacements.

Its obvious foley will be first choice next week and yes he had a great game but wet weather footy is now Foley's forte. CEllis had a sensational game for a first year player has far more attribute we require in our AFL team, kicking, poise and creativity but we will be told he has to wait his turn.

For mine 3 of our best 5 kicks of the football have played half an AFL game as sub this year. When we rely so heavily on footskills with our game plan thats a worry.

Our four best users of the footy have played a combine 5 quarters of footy this season (AFL).

- Deledio
- McDonough
- Lennon
- Cellis

Our four best users of the footy have played a combine 5 quarters of footy this season (AFL).

- Deledio
- McDonough
- Lennon
- Cellis

Exactly... but im sure it's not important for a side that wants to retain the ball with kicking ;)

Martin would be the other guy i'd have in the top 5.

I think the media folk at the club might have labelled that clip incorrectly - must have been Foley's highlights, surely. In most of the passages they showed, he either cleaned up a scrappy tap from Vickery, or hit him on the chest to set him up.

Can't wait for Foley to come back in. We miss him.
I can see Foley, Vickery and Ellis all playing this week based on what's been put out

Pardon the interruption….

Will the VFL game this weekend be covered and streamed by the Tigers App as it was last year?

I get no VFL coverage here in the US so this is goal what you guys do….

And does the streaming work on a phone or only a lap top...

Go Catters

Will the VFL game this weekend be covered and streamed by the Tigers App as it was last year?

Go Catters

I think channel 7 has the rights to VFL SO I'm doubtful but not certain....Go Tiges !!

VFL Stats Round 2
Hampson 6 kicks 5 handballs 2 handball receives 2 marks 1 contested mark 3 tackles 73 hitouts 1.0
C.Ellis 17 kicks 14 handballs 9 handball receives 2 marks 12 clearances 5 tackles 1.0
Foley 14 kicks 18 handballs 7 handball receives 1 marks 16 clearances 10 tackles 0.0
Vickery 9 kicks 5 handballs 2 handball receives 4 marks 2 contested marks 2 tackles 11 hitouts 4.2
McBean 9 kicks 2 handballs 3 handball receives 5 marks 1 contested mark 5 tackles 8 hitouts 3.2
Lennon 12 kicks 3 handballs 4 handball receives 5 marks 2 contested marks 5 tackles 2.1
Menadue 6 kicks 11 handballs 6 handball receives 4 marks 3 tackles
McKenzie 5 kicks 5 handballs 3 handball receives 4 marks 3 contested 2 tackles 0.0
Castagna 11 kicks 9 handballs 10 handball receives 5 marks 1 contested mark 5 tackles
Short 8 kicks 2 handballs 2 handball receives 1 mark 6 tackles 0.1
Elton 2 kicks 2 handballs 1 handball receive
Dea 9 kicks 7 handballs 6 handball receives 2 marks 1 contested mark 4 tackles

Standouts: Hampson C.Ellis Foley Vickery McBean Castagna

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're on the money. Last weeks report appeared to me that I went to the wrong game
Arnot Madonna were poor and Drummond was behind
CEllis Short and Lennon plus the report raved on about Hampson and Tv which young Goodwin was the only big man they had to beat. s**t with what Frankston had TV should have kicked a dozen and Hampson should have had 100% efficiency in all ruck stats
The vfl side us played two stand alone sides and lost to one which to me tells us where we are at with depth
Really Lennon and CEllis and Short are our white knights then Foley if fit
TV still lacks intensity and effort he really lacks interest and I hope the staff can get him right bc we need him badly
Hampson is Hampson and I would tell him to attack the ball as hard as possible to our advantage bc we have the midfield , but our game plan suits tap rucking which makes him ineffective
Still loved his last 15 min against Geelong last year when he went hard in the ruck. We nearly pinched the game from nowhere
The club have actually made him worse( didn't think it was possible) since he came over from CFC

VFL Stats Round 2
Hampson 6 kicks 5 handballs 2 handball receives 2 marks 1 contested mark 3 tackles 73 hitouts 1.0
C.Ellis 17 kicks 14 handballs 9 handball receives 2 marks 12 clearances 5 tackles 1.0
Foley 14 kicks 18 handballs 7 handball receives 1 marks 16 clearances 10 tackles 0.0
Vickery 9 kicks 5 handballs 2 handball receives 4 marks 2 contested marks 2 tackles 11 hitouts 4.2
McBean 9 kicks 2 handballs 3 handball receives 5 marks 1 contested mark 5 tackles 8 hitouts 3.2
Lennon 12 kicks 3 handballs 4 handball receives 5 marks 2 contested marks 5 tackles 2.1
Menadue 6 kicks 11 handballs 6 handball receives 4 marks 3 tackles
McKenzie 5 kicks 5 handballs 3 handball receives 4 marks 3 contested 2 tackles 0.0
Castagna 11 kicks 9 handballs 10 handball receives 5 marks 1 contested mark 5 tackles
Short 8 kicks 2 handballs 2 handball receives 1 mark 6 tackles 0.1
Elton 2 kicks 2 handballs 1 handball receive
Dea 9 kicks 7 handballs 6 handball receives 2 marks 1 contested mark 4 tackles

Standouts: Hampson C.Ellis Foley Vickery McBean Castagna
Didn't they have ellis as 24 p's? These stats are massive for the kid.

Go Catters

There was a VFL radio commentary stream last season, accessed from the Richmond FC website or app, and it was awesome. I listened to it on a smart phone. I haven't seen it this year, though.

RFC_Official? Any VFL streaming this year?

There was a VFL radio commentary stream last season, accessed from the Richmond FC website or app, and it was awesome. I listened to it on a smart phone. I haven't seen it this year, though.

RFC_Official? Any VFL streaming this year?

I had the RFC app downloaded and go the radio stream of that but I watched the Cats v Tigers VFL game from punt road oval on my lap top sitting in LA…

it was AWESOME.

Go Catters

The Tigers app has posted a bit saying they're streaming vision of the game :)

I'll be there, and I'm looking forward to getting a first hand look at Cockatoo. Could be anything. Is McIntosh playing VFL for you blokes because of injury or form? I reckon a big physical ruckman is important for the 2015 Catters.

Notable AFL-listed Richmond players selected include Conca, working back from injury. I'm also interested to see how McDonough and Arnot bounce back after their less than hungry performances against Melbourne.

The Tigers app has posted a bit saying they're streaming vision of the game :)

I'll be there, and I'm looking forward to getting a first hand look at Cockatoo. Could be anything. Is McIntosh playing VFL for you blokes because of injury or form? I reckon a big physical ruckman is important for the 2015 Catters.

Notable AFL-listed Richmond players selected include Conca, working back from injury. I'm also interested to see how McDonough and Arnot bounce back after their less than hungry performances against Melbourne.

Yes, there is a live stream of the VFL match on the site - http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-05-01/vfl-round-3-live-video-stream - or accessed via the article in the Richmond app.

Bloody easy to see the clubs agenda in these VFL reports and videos week in week out.

People might say i'm being conspiratorial but the guys who get talked up are the often maligned ones but Dimma's favourites who then stink it up in the AFL a week later. Thomas and Grigg got talked up a lot last year for average games, Nahas the year before when it seems guys like McDonough and Lennon (this year anyway) have to do twice as much to get talked up.
To be fair Nahas was a talent who thought his s**t didn't stink at our club and didn't give his all toward the end. Not surprised he was being pumped up in a last ditch effort to perform.

Yes, there is a live stream of the VFL match on the site - http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-05-01/vfl-round-3-live-video-stream - or accessed via the article in the Richmond app.
Will you hang the game up after for those who can't view live?

Also as an overseas viewer is there any chance you can put VFL games on the site to view for a few days at least?

Given that as there are highlights of games I'm assuming all games are filmed? Highlights just don't do it for me because context just isn't there.

Can't wait until we play Richmond. Percentage booster. :D

Hey ! wait a minute...what the??....I'll have to get back to you when I've figured this out...:eek::confused:...I feel like a Dumbass...:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back