Official Match Thread Round 2: Geelong Gumbies v Baghdad Bombers @ House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Im thinking they are jealous of the talent the Gumbies have on our list, im only new to the team but the likes of peters,2121,diablo will lead us to the premiership this year, i get scared too if i was the opposition ;)
2121 leading you to a premiership, please, he struggled to get a touch against us last week? Bombers to win this one quite comfortably IMO.

2121 leading you to a premiership, please, he struggled to get a touch against us last week? Bombers to win this one quite comfortably IMO.

Every player is entitled to a quiet game BBB and im tipping 2121 to come back and smash the bombers this week. Cant keep peterss down for 2 straight weeks so look out for him as well!

Oops. Looks like you guys have trouble getting your facts straight :eek:

No we don't idiot. Perth Swans is correct and so am I, he was talking about the game thread and I was talking about our game thread AND our 2010 thread.

Nice try though. :)

Now who's confirming their stupidity??? haha smash him Ninty!!

You, if you actually believe any of the following...
a) You think we're jealous of you (which is what started this whole thing)
b) You actually think Ninty NOW saying he was referring to both match thread and team thread when he clearly didn't say it in the original post is confirming my stupidity.
c) You agree that NO Bombers players (yes, that's right... none of us!) would walk into your starting line-up as a couple of your players seem to believe.

...Thankfully you didn't agree with your delusional team mate who claims that Gary Ablett wouldn't be a walk-up starter if he changed teams. I'm right here aren't I? You don't agree with that do you?

Ninty, it's nice to see some of your guys posted in your team thread. If these guys keep that up pretty soon you'll have ten players who've reached the massive milestone of double figure posting :)

Ninty, it's nice to see some of your guys posted in your team thread. If these guys keep that up pretty soon you'll have ten players who've reached the massive milestone of double figure posting :)

Already have. :rolleyes: and anyway, it's not my fault you took my post the wrong way. PS mentioned the game thread, and I didn't mention anywhere... Which can easily be made out to believe I meant both threads.

Thanks for your concern though. :)

Doggies, im ashamed of your attempt to bring down a first year player. Thats about as low as altering others teams names to stupid childish names, like Fagon, or Bummer :p

Cheers Perth Swans for the kudos, I'll keep on improving and play an important part in our win this week :thumbsu:

...Thankfully you didn't agree with your delusional team mate who claims that Gary Ablett wouldn't be a walk-up starter if he changed teams. I'm right here aren't I? You don't agree with that do you?

Wrong, i agree with my team mate, any player has to earn their spot in a team, Ablett could rock up to the club and not train, how could you justify giving a guy that dosnt train a run over a kid thats in there week in week out. Gumbies all the way!

Wrong, i agree with my team mate, any player has to earn their spot in a team, Ablett could rock up to the club and not train, how could you justify giving a guy that dosnt train a run over a kid thats in there week in week out. Gumbies all the way!

Well said Shaun :thumbsu:. We had 20 people post last week, one not selected we had a fair few that reached 20 posts, and 1 that reached 50.

I agree Bombers are the most active team, Gumbies come close 2nd.

What i was saying is if your Bombers came to the Gumbies then i'd hope the captain and rest of the leadership group would, instead of putting them in the side straight away, let them post and prove that they're active here before giving them a game. Make them break into the side by outposting others etc. instead of guaranteeing them a game straight up

I just think it's cocky to say your players can just walk in and get a game straight up

If Ablett switched sides and thought he was guaranteed a game then he's probably right but i'd rather him work his butt off on the training track instead of being lazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong Gumbies name team and makes plenty of changes.

Ninty has named the side to take on the Bombers this week, being back at the House of Gumby, the Gumbies will be looking for a win.

"We've got the first round out of the way, and are very excited to play in front of our home crowd. As everyone knows we have redeveloped our stadium to fit in all our fans. It's been a long wait since we've played at home and it's about time we're back.

I've made plenty of changes to our team that lost to the Dragons in round 1. We were quite disappointed with our start, but we fought out the game well. A few position changes and we should see the points on the board."

rizzo has been named at full forward and star full forward winty has taken over the captains role to play at centre half forward.

"I've moved myself for the teams sake. rizzo and winty are the two best forwards in the SFA, and with rizzo kicking over the ton in previous years, we thought he deserves to be put back in his best position. winty has just kicked his 150th goal for the club also, which is a great achievement. We think he'll fit well into the CHF position.

I'd also like to make note it's diablo14's 50th game for the club. He's been a great player for the Gumbies and we'll be fired up to give him a win in his milestone game. There will be plenty of more special treatment from our cheerleaders for him." Ninty laughs.

"Let's go Gumbies!"

B: Ghossein - lewigie - Scared Scotland
HB: Ninty - ShaunDuggan - Sean_09
C: 2121 - RoJo Junior - diablo14
HF: CarnTheTiges - winty - Buckets007
F: DoubleO7 - rizzo - Bartel
R: RangaInTeal - peterss - Perth Swans
Int: Shaucob_Burjan - mellowyellow

IN: mellowyellow
OUT: swannies

Sean_09 from BP to HBF.
Ghossein from HBF to BP.
Bartel from HBF to FP.
RoJo Junior from W to C.
CarnTheTiges from C to HFF.
Buckets007 from HFF to HFF.
Ninty from CHF to HBF.
DoubleO7 from HFF to FP.
2121 from FP to W.
winty from FF to CHF.
rizzo from FP to FF.

diablo14's 50th game.

Great team there, nice work Ninty. Will be interesting to see what you can do off the the halfback line, and it allows rizzo to play in his preferred position of FF so it could turn out to be a masterstroke. 2121 on the wing will let him get a bit of the ball so hopefully that can silence his critics. Almost half that side are first-year players, so we're quite inexperienced, but that can be a good thing!

GO GUMBIES!!!

Great looking team there captain.

I just realised Scared_Scotland with his 4 goals got them after being named as a BP....What a gun!

I like the move of rizzo to FF and the captain playing out of the back line - Stroke of genius there if you ask me!.

Hoping to get more of the ball this time - I really let the side down last week with only 2 possesions so watch for a fired up peterss through the middle this game!.

Congratulations also to former captain diablo14 who as Ninty mentioned plays his 50th game this week - Hes a true champion of our club both on and off the field and the boys will certainly lift for him.

GO GUMBIES!!!!

Keep an eye out this week chump.
Every player is entitled to a quiet game BBB and im tipping 2121 to come back and smash the bombers this week. Cant keep peterss down for 2 straight weeks so look out for him as well!
cheers for defending me while i wasnt on ;)
2121[/B] - RoJo Junior - diablo14
HF: CarnTheTiges - winty - Buckets007
F: DoubleO7 - rizzo - Bartel
R: RangaInTeal - peterss - Perth Swans
Int: Shaucob_Burjan - mellowyellow

Liking the wing mate, hoping we can link up and run amuck.
Great team there, nice work Ninty. Will be interesting to see what you can do off the the halfback line, and it allows rizzo to play in his preferred position of FF so it could turn out to be a masterstroke. 2121 on the wing will let him get a bit of the ball so hopefully that can silence his critics. Almost half that side are first-year players, so we're quite inexperienced, but that can be a good thing!

GO GUMBIES!!!
:thumbsu:

gumbies by 4 goals, after getting out by 6-7 goals early in the second quarter.

Sensational looking line up there skipper. Class all over the park. Congratulations to diablo14 on your 50th game. I'm expecting to see diablo pick up a stat for every game he's played for the Gumbies too.

Let's smash these Bombers and get our season back on track. :thumbsu:

Nah 2121 shouldn't be in the ruck, Ranga has been there for a while and has done a good job. 2121 is suited in the midfield or on a flank. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back