Official Match Thread Round 2: Geelong Gumbies v Baghdad Bombers @ House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Sean_09 from BP to HBF.
Ghossein from HBF to BP.
Bartel from HBF to FP.
RoJo Junior from W to C.
CarnTheTiges from C to HFF.
Buckets007 from HFF to HFF.
Ninty from CHF to HBF.
DoubleO7 from HFF to FP.
2121 from FP to W.
winty from FF to CHF.
rizzo from FP to FF.

A big **** you to Doggies right there.

The changes were good ones, I love the idea of moving rizzo to FF, winty to CHF and Ninty to the halfback line. :thumbsu: 2121 should also do really well in the midfield, but there were a few changes I didn't really understand, like Buckets from the HFF to the HFF??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you were on your wrong side last week buckets, now Ninty has pulled a masterstroke move putting you on the other side to your prefered side, 6 goals from you this week i reckon ;)

Well said mate.

Is it just me, or does the league admin have some sort of grudge against the Gumbies? Did one of us run over his dog or cut his lunch or something? Never seen him say anything negative about any of the other teams in the comp, yet mention the name Gumbies, and it seems his nostrils flare in a similar vein to that of a bull that spies a red rag.

Don't worry about us Gumbies Doggies, we'll be alright.
Its just you mate, have you considered perhaps the possibility that it's just the simple fact that my team is playing yours this week. Surely not too hard to see. The only team I'd try get a rivalry going with is the Shagons, only team worthy at the moment.

And on CTT, I'm looking through your round 1 match thread to see if any of your boys are suspended and he really is far worse than tim saints.

Okay Gumbies, I've just looked through the entirety of your round 1 thread ... was a ****ing big ball of fun that, one of the worst posting performances and there was 27 pages of it. My post about CTT was incorrect earlier, he's not the 'absolute worst', but it applies to many, many other members of the Gumbies.

Anyway, I received some complaints/concerns from other members of the league about the offensive comments made in reference to homosexuals or playing on the Shagons name in a way which could be seen as derogatory. At the moment I'm giving an official warning to the club but I'm also looking into 2121 and Perth Swans and to a lesser extent Ghossein and Rojo for bans. I'll get another respected opinion as well before anything due to the fact I could be seen to be impartial this week. I will give the Gumbies extra time to name their team this week in case anyone receives bans.

I will also say on the topic above though that I was impressed with CTT and good leadership by Ninty in knowing when enough was enough. Unfortunately a couple didn't know when to follow suit and so it got a tad out of hand.

I know the name calling got out of hand and I'm disappointed it went the way it did, but do you think posts like this are any better?

I suppose instead of the dumbies we could call you the thumbies.

gumby-thumby.jpg

Also....Well done to both sides....The most active match thread this week so far....IIRC the closest game thread for round 2 is 4 pages so we are a good 4 pages infront already.

Just another reason why the GUmbies are the most active side this season in terms of posting ;)

Anyway, I received some complaints/concerns from other members of the league about the offensive comments made in reference to homosexuals or playing on the Shagons name in a way which could be seen as derogatory. At the moment I'm giving an official warning to the club but I'm also looking into 2121 and Perth Swans and to a lesser extent Ghossein and Rojo for bans. I'll get another respected opinion as well before anything due to the fact I could be seen to be impartial this week. I will give the Gumbies extra time to name their team this week in case anyone receives bans.

I know it got taken out of hand a little, and I personally played a part in it, but as Ninty said, it wasn't only Gumbies players making comments/posting pictures, so we shouldn't be the only ones facing bans. I know it was stupid, and it won't happen again, but it was only a little joke that was taken too far and I don't think bans are needed.

Lets just focus on this weeks game, GO GUMBIES!!!!! Keep up the good posting fellas. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back