Preview Round 2 v Port MCG Sunday 24th March 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect time to have played Hugo and Banks out to work on his game in the ressies.

Clarke has been doing well in the ressies. Id have him ahead of Banks and Mansell in a heart beat.

Hugo Ralphsmith (11 disposals, seven marks, five inside-50s)

"His run and carry once again stood out, and I thought his ball use was excellent. I think he's got a great balance between offence and defence at the moment, and he's in some really good form."

Our revolving door of injuries man...

But I’m so happy to see Trezise, Brown, Lefau, and Banks in the side. At least I can handle a loss better if we give kids like this a good run. Miller makes sense too.

Would’ve like Clarke to play instead of Banks though. But Banks played decently last week, so I’m fine with it.
remember the 2010 win against the swans

our side was full of kids and 70% were spuds!

no excuses just farrken win !!!!

Round 2, Richmond v Port Adelaide, Sunday, March 24, 4.00pm AEDT, MCG

In:
Tom Brown, James Trezise, Sam Banks, Mykelti Lefau, Ben Miller
Out: Dion Prestia (injured), Josh Gibcus (injured), Jacob Hopper (injured), Nathan Broad (injured), Tylar Young (concussion)

New: Mykleti Lefau

BacksDylan Grimes2Ben Miller46Nick Vlastuin1
Half-BacksJayden Short15James Trezise36Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Tim Taranto14Marlion Pickett50
Half-ForwardsSeth Campbell44Shai Bolton29Rhyan Mansell31
ForwardsNoah Balta21Dustin Martin4Tom Lynch19
FollowersToby Nankervis25Thomson Dow27Liam Baker7
Interchange:Tom Brown30Jack Ross5Sam Banks41
Maurice Rioli10Mykelti Lefau42
Emergencies:Samson Ryan32Judson Clarke23Hugo Ralphsmith13
sponge-bob-square-pants-sad.gif

what the hell has cumbo done wrong not even an emergency.
I hate to say this as a self-proclaimed Cumberland “fanboy”, but he needs to work on his confidence before he is recalled. He’s down on it right now, which is evident by how much he beats himself up for every little mistake he makes. I worry that he would only hurt his confidence further if he plays AFL in this state.

If he plays one or two great VFL games with confidence and slows his decision-making down over the next two weeks, then I’m right back on the Cumberland train.

I hate to say this as a self-proclaimed Cumberland “fanboy”, but he needs to work on his confidence before he is recalled. He’s down on it right now, which is evident by how much he beats himself up for every little mistake he makes. I worry that he would only hurt his confidence further if he plays AFL in this state.

If he plays one or two great VFL games with confidence and slows his decision-making down over the next two weeks, then I’m right back on the Cumberland train.
yeah i hope you are right, I'm a bit of a fan as well.

On paper you'd think we're absolutely no chance but hey, last time I looked games of footy aren't won on paper. I'll be there supporting the boys. Hoping to see Lefau scare the bejesus out of the Port defenders, a few Mankind run throughs to put the fear of god in em. Let's Go Tiges.....

mick foley pain GIF by WWE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cumberland missed out on playing a game at either level in opening round because he was a travelling emergency v the Suns which may have been a factor in not getting a look in this week as they want continuity.

That sucks for the player…reckon we won’t see Cumbo at our club next year…he’ll seek opportunities elsewhere

We're a sneaky chance this week I reckon, just a pity we won't get much of a home crowd to support us at 4pm on a Sunday vs an Interstate side.

OUT: Gibcus, Young, Prestia, MRJ, Pickett, Dow

IN: Miller, Brown, Mansell, Sonsie, McAuliffe, Clarke

Broad, Miller, Brown
Vlastuin, Grimes, Short
McIntosh, Hopper, Ross
Baker, Balta, Mansell
Bolton, Lynch, Campbell
Nankervis, Martin, Taranto
D. Rioli, Sonsie, McAuliffe, Clarke

How was Dow?
What’s the excuse for not going?
Grow a pair farken

Wasn't expecting the extra couple of outs, but happy enough with the ins.
I was expecting Miller and one of Brown/Trezise - but with Broad also out, all three makes sense.
Lefau was unreal in the VFL last week and is perfect structure-wise as a third tall forward especially with Balta playing second ruck.
Probably most concerned about losing two midfielders and bringing in Banks & Lefau as the replacements - Ross, maybe Pickett getting a few centre bounces? Sonsie and McAuliffe must be not quite ready yet.

I also would have gone Judson ahead of Banks. Excellent in the VFL and has more forward craft to allow Dusty/Shai/Bakes to run through midfield, but no big sticking point.

Cumbo still can’t get a look in. Gonna be embarrassing when he goes to another club and carves out a good career.
That’ll never happen.
Needs to pull his head in and play for the team or the game will spit him out.

Well is a relative term. He touched the ball 8 times. No other team in the AFL is promoting a player off an 8 touches 2 goal VFL game. Not even North.

To me this screams "we're going to get blown out here so how do we create some hope and optimism with fans"

Let's debut an exciting but raw player

I think more likely it screams ‘Broad, Young and Gibcus are out, so Balta is likely to be needed in defence and we need another big body to bring it to ground up forward’….. I’m glad they’re giving Lefau a chance over Kosi.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back