Review Round 22, 2023: Frankston v Box Hill Hawks, 18 August 2023, 7.05pm @ Kinetic Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
All roads lead towards the Friday night lights of Kinetic Stadium this weekend, with the Hawks set for a prime time tussle with the Dolphins.

Box Hill head into the final home and away match of 2023 knowing a win will secure the Club a top four finish and the all-important double chance, while Frankston will no doubt be out to end their season on a high in front of their home crowd.

Zane Littlejohn and his coaching panel have made four changes to the side which lost to Footscray last weekend, re-calling AFL-listed youngsters Bailey Macdonald & Seamus Mitchell and the developing pair of Kye Agosta & Lachie Wynd.

With the senior Hawthorn side not in action until Sunday afternoon, four AFL-listed Hawks go out of the 23 – Tyler Brockman, Max Ramsden, Jai Serong and Ned Long.

Our final team will be communicated prior to tomorrow’s first bounce, which is scheduled for 7:05pm.

Ins: K. Agosta, B. Macdonald, S. Mitchell, L Wynd

Outs: T. Brockman, M. Ramsden, J. Serong, N. Long

Squad: 16. L Bramble, 17. L Meek, 21. C Stephens, 26. F Greene, 28. C Mackenzie, 30. S Butler, 35. J Morris, 39. E Jeka, 40. S Mitchell, 41. J Bennetts, 42. B Macdonald, 44. H Hustwaite, 45. C Tucker, 50. D Mascitti, 55. C Porter, 57. J Thorpe, 60. E Phillips, 61. M Hall, 63. L Wynd, 66. C Brown, 71. L Bryce, 74. L Coghlan 78. K Agosta

Emergencies: 54. J Trudgeon, 64. T Waack, 70. J Arundell, 82. C Bramble

Do they normally have replays of the VFL matches on the livestream link or elsewhere? I'd love to watch this at my end of day, but I'm 8 hours behind.
Yeah it sits there on the AFL website.

Not really sure why Seamus Mitchell is not in the seniors. Anyone got an insight as to why they'd pick BMac ahead of him?

Not really sure why Seamus Mitchell is not in the seniors. Anyone got an insight as to why they'd pick BMac ahead of him?
Both of them are playing for box hill this week. Shammy looking a bit tired its been a long season

Do they normally have replays of the VFL matches on the livestream link or elsewhere? I'd love to watch this at my end of day, but I'm 8 hours behind.
I am in the UK so always watch delayed presume you are in mainland Europe. I get the link sent to me so I can connect directly to the replay and avoid the afl site where you cannot avoid seeing the scores (unless you cover your eyes and know where to look and which links to press!). The timing I get it depends on when the link is up so as soon as I have it I will DM it to you. Of course you can watch yourself if you don’t care to not know the scores or can do the tricky magic with your hands to avoid them!

I thought subbing him out of the Saints game, but leaving Bramble out there was one of the strangest decisions of the year. I've missed his composed dash out of the back half in the past fortnight.
Bramble actually got a lot of the ball in the first half and was providing run but burned it quite a lot. Bramb had a bad second half and was hardly on the field. He had something like 65% game time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephens looks really good out there. Mackenzie and Macdonald showing they’re a class above too. Worried about Butler, has no urgency with ball in hand. Does my head in. Always gets smothered or tackled cos he thinks he has more time
Has a burst of speed but rarely uses it. Bloody frustrating and concerning considering he is 2 years into his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back