Preview Round 22 - Brisbane Lions vs Adelaide Crows • Saturday 12 August 2023 • 4:35 PM • The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

After Team selection...

Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions 96 - 74 Adelaide
Adelaide

Gabba (QLD)
HGA:
Brisbane Lions
+7.5 pts
Ins/Outs:
Brisbane Lions
+3.5 pts

Apparently Squiggle is a Dev and Oscar fan :)

Rachele omitted is very much out of left field to me. He's seemed their best mid most weeks.
The Adelaide guys seem to think his last two weeks have sucked and that it is a pattern they saw last year and so he is being rested ... the debate is whether it is better to fully rest of make him sub no one seems to be melting over him ommission...

Wouldn’t surprise me if Neale is carrying an injury … last two weeks he looked either gassed or on one leg.
I’d say that’s the same for Charlie and Payne after his ankle issue during one of the games.
First time since our finals appearances I’m thanking the Bye being there. We are Going to need it.

Mate of mine a crazy crows supporter. Reckons Rachelle been crap for a month.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Your mate's right, Rachele was completely unsighted for two weeks of that month.

I guess to add to the insult the MRP only rated his game before that "medium impact". :D

Wouldn’t surprise me if Neale is carrying an injury … last two weeks he looked either gassed or on one leg.
I’d say that’s the same for Charlie and Payne after his ankle issue during one of the games.
First time since our finals appearances I’m thanking the Bye being there. We are Going to need it.
He fumbled quite a bit against the Dockers, very unlike him, could be having trouble getting low and hard for the ball.

Just saw an interesting stat a lot of it being irrelevant to tomorrow’s game.

Head to head at the Gabba v Crows we only hold a 12-11 (19-18 overall) win loss record against them and under Fagan since 2017 it is 2-2 at Gabba and 4-3 overall.

We must tread very carefully and not take them for granted one bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_6565.png
I think that this is close to our strongest side. The only concern I have is in attack, where we are very tall. Ah Chee rotating with Gunston will help, but I am worried about forward line pressure and our ability to lock the ball in. We need a massive effort from McCarthy, Cameron and Rayner when it comes to forward pressure. Adelaide will be playing someone with leg speed on Gunston and I have no doubt they will be running off him and exiting their defensive 50 through that player.

Keays’ departure: Lions’ sorrow

In Lions' pride, young Keays once roamed, A beacon of hope, his spirit shone. With skills so fine, he graced the field, To Brisbane's heart, his loyalty sealed.

But fate's cruel hand did intervene, And Keays departed, a somber scene. To Adelaide's nest, he took his flight,
Leaving Lions fans in sorrow's night.

Their cheers once loud now fade away, As Keays dons new colors, a different display. The pain of loss, a bitter pill, For Lions faithful, a void to fill.

Yet memories linger, moments shared, In Lions' history, his name is spared. Though distance parts, their hearts remain,
In Lion's roar, an everlasting refrain.

In Lions' pride, young Keays once roamed, A beacon of hope, his spirit shone. With skills so fine, he graced the field, To Brisbane's heart, his loyalty sealed.

But fate's cruel hand did intervene, And Keays departed, a somber scene. To Adelaide's nest, he took his flight,

Their cheers once loud now fade away, As Keays dons new colors, a different display. The pain of loss, a bitter pill, For Lions faithful, a void to fill.

Yet memories linger, moments shared, In Lions' history, his name is spared. Though distance parts, their hearts remain,
Peter Griffin Applause GIF by Family Guy

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I said 'hand me the Keays'
1212894.jpg

Nuney you’re really a one trick pony with the roses are red poems

I need to see some versatility

Roses are dead
Violets are through
Elixuh is lame
But hey, what's new?

smash-jesse-l-martin.gif

Didn't do us much favours going out in straight sets in that years finals series
A bit hard on Neale regarding the final series.
He did rack up a lazy 46 disposal game v Dees.
Only 28 in the following weeks 2-point loss to the Dogs.
But Lachie was a little up and down after missing rounds 7 to 11 through injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back