Preview Round 22 - Giants vs Collingwood, Spotless Stadium 23/7/2014 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The way I see it is there is absolutely no chance of us winning this game. We may finish the game in front on the scoreboard, but in that case, Collingwood will have lost, we won't have won. After all, we didn't win against Melbourne on the weekend, if you read the papers or watch fox footy or fox sports. Melbourne lost. It was all them on their own. Only one team out there and they still managed to lose. I think it could be the first time they have analysed a match in depth and only mentioned one team. I don't even think we were named as the opponent on 360 this evening with Paul Roos.

Collingwood have a lot of players out. They lost three during the game don't you know. That's their excuse. They'll be quite a few players down and if they lose, well, there's your reason right there. It won't have anything to do with us and how we play.

So we currently have 4 wins and 1 'anti-loss' - the question is, seeing as how we can't win, can we at least make it back to back anti-losses this weekend?

F****ing trackwork on the Western Line between Parramatta and Olympic Park.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Do city rail look at the Giants schedule and say "let's f**k 'em again and again and again."

Absolute joke.

Words cant describe how much I would like to see you win this but your outs are as big as Collingwood.

If Pendles or Elliot are OK to go then a win for the Giants is unlikely.

The way I see it is there is absolutely no chance of us winning this game. We may finish the game in front on the scoreboard, but in that case, Collingwood will have lost, we won't have won. After all, we didn't win against Melbourne on the weekend, if you read the papers or watch fox footy or fox sports. Melbourne lost. It was all them on their own. Only one team out there and they still managed to lose. I think it could be the first time they have analysed a match in depth and only mentioned one team. I don't even think we were named as the opponent on 360 this evening with Paul Roos.

Collingwood have a lot of players out. They lost three during the game don't you know. That's their excuse. They'll be quite a few players down and if they lose, well, there's your reason right there. It won't have anything to do with us and how we play.

So we currently have 4 wins and 1 'anti-loss' - the question is, seeing as how we can't win, can we at least make it back to back anti-losses this weekend?
We feel your pain. We do. :(

If GWS turn up, they'll eat them for dinner. Good luck, guys.

Davis to face fitness tests for concussion and a sore calf, Ward to miss 1-2 (i.e. could be done for the year) with his calf.

I think a lot of things will need to go our way to win this

The win distracted us all from the poor disposal efficiency that has plagued us this last month or so.... It needs to improve if we are a chance as even with their huge outs they have finals to play for

I think a lot of things will need to go our way to win this

The win distracted us all from the poor disposal efficiency that has plagued us this last month or so.... It needs to improve if we are a chance as even with their huge outs they have finals to play for

I think they're ripe for the picking.

It's ok guys, can you imagine HEATH SHAW as captain against Collingwood of all teams! Think of what this game will mean to him, the passion he will have and hopefully pass that on to the rest of the squad, make them believe they can do something very special.

In Shaw We Trust.

As captain against his old club, he'd be motivated as never before. And the rest of the team would unite behind him.

It's ok guys, can you imagine HEATH SHAW as captain against Collingwood of all teams! Think of what this game will mean to him, the passion he will have and hopefully pass that on to the rest of the squad, make them believe they can do something very special.

In Shaw We Trust.

We will get swan to man up on him (lol) and they can just laugh about old times. Full distraction.

Interesting game. Was so hoping we could hold off being challenged by you. Seems the day is already here.

:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaw will have his just deserts if we are what stops collingwood from making finals.

Just imagine the months and months of Eddie outrage afterwards!

Get your popcorn fellas!

I think we'll get a good crowd for this. Potential win against a decent, very popular side on a Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure we'll win it. Still lacking consistency and Collingwood will take us seriously, unlike Melbourne did. Could be similar to our record breaking win at the Gabba followed by the win over Carlton though. I'm not convinced we've found the balance between confidence and complacency, understandably given our age profile. Really tough one to call.

An improvement in the health and fitness of co-captains Phil Davis and Callan Ward has given the Giants a massive chance of their first ever win over an injury ravaged Collingwood at Spotless Stadium on Saturday.
Ward was expected to be out for the remainder of the season after hurting his calf in Sunday’s 64 point thrashing of Melbourne. Davis was under a cloud after being subbed out early in the match with concussion.
“Phil is tracking pretty well and has passed all his concussion tests,” Giants coach Leon Cameron said.
“We’ve just go to see how his calf is. He’s a bit of a warrior for our footy club and he trained today and hopefully he pulls up well and trains Friday.
“We’ve got some good news about Callan Ward as well, his calf doesn’t look at bad as first thought. He might be an outside chance for this week.”
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...aged-collingwood/story-fnia4197-1227030952138

Remove this Banner Ad

Back