Game Day Round 23 Carlton vs Collingwood MCG 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is set up for either the perfect day at the footy, or one of the most bitterly disappointing.

Best case
Getting to the ground to watch the reserves knock the Blues out of the VFL finals.
Listening to Dogs smash the Hawks on the radio
Watching the Pies boys stand up and lock in Top 4.

Worst case.
Can't even bring myself to even type it out.

For those that haven’t been able to attend a Preliminary Final and are going today, this is it.
Two sides desperate to win, (maybe not as much as a PF?) in front of a big crowd.
PFs are very special because it’s the biggest tribal crowd whereas a GF has ring ins and socialites etc.
Going to be massive - Go Pies!!!
Hope it's more like the 02, 03, 10, 11, 18 variety and not the 07, 09 varieties.

I have been awake all night thanks to a chihuahua-cross I'm minding this weekend. A Jeckle and Hyde, with Hyde taking control from 5pm to around 5am. If I stirred from my bed in the dark, he'd snap at me with accompanying shrill barks, reducing my toilet visits to only one.

He intensified the sense of menace by jumping on the bed and sliding under the doona, growling, snapping, then launching into a barking spasm, his teeth clattering against each other as they attempted to latch onto any flesh I dared to present for sacrifice. Not one second of sleep was experienced. I pondered which of a tooth through a testicle or a shredded bum was the injury most likely to present itself to the paramedic. And where in the apartment would I leave the dog? How would I watch the game from my stretcher in one of those tents that have become half way houses between ambulance and hospital?

Mr Jeckle returned with the first hint of light creeping into the room. Too late for my sleep possibilities, he'd nuzzled into the pit of my body for warmth, now unrecognisable from the creature that had growled and snarled at the mere sound of a nail scratching on skin or the crackle of a bone attempting to relocate a limb under the covers.

You can understand how many rescue dogs become rescue dogs.

I have been awake all night thanks to a chihuahua-cross I'm minding this weekend. A Jeckle and Hyde, with Hyde taking control from 5pm to around 5am. If I stirred from my bed in the dark, he'd snap at me with accompanying shrill barks, reducing my toilet visits to only one.

He intensified the sense of menace by jumping on the bed and sliding under the doona, growling, snapping, then launching into a barking spasm, his teeth clattering against each other as they attempted to latch onto any flesh I dared to present for sacrifice. Not one second of sleep was experienced. I pondered which of a tooth through a testicle or a shredded bum was the injury most likely to present itself to the paramedic. And where in the apartment would I leave the dog? How would I watch the game from my stretcher in one of those tents that have become half way houses between ambulance and hospital?

Mr Jeckle returned with the first hint of light creeping into the room. Too late for my sleep possibilities, he'd nuzzled into the pit of my body for warmth, now unrecognisable from the creature that had growled and snarled at the mere sound of a nail scratching on skin or the crackle of a bone attempting to relocate a limb under the covers.

You can understand how many rescue dogs become rescue dogs.
Chihuahuas are vicious little bastards - big dogs in pipsqueak bodies.

For once I want to be clear headed.
Under normal crcumstances I'd be frothing.
Cant help feeling we need to be calm.
Keep a lid on it.
Could be a real chance to make a statement here.
All year we've played the same way, in the moment.
Really cant fault Fly for the results.
Looking ahead is a trap.
Thats where we've come undone before.
Only thing to do us do what we've done to get us to this point.
Nothing to fear if we do our best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Ollie is the sub

Its a rumour thats been floating about since last night.
He put up an insta story 15 mins ago where he is with Harrison. The VFL boys would be at the ground already.
Makes sense with Ginnivan potentially under a cloud. Also don't mind Carmichael getting a full game in the VFL

Makes sense with Ginnivan potentially under a cloud. Also don't mind Carmichael getting a full game in the VFL
Soooo many players battling to hold their list spot in this clash. Madgen, Chugg, Kelly and Poulter are on shaky ground. T. Brown may well have played his last game.

Little off topic, I apologise but the VFL and AFL clashes both have a lot riding on it and will see who plays next year and in the finals.

Last edited:
There comes a time in the affairs of men and women ....
That Carlton need their a#ses kicked
Today is that day

Fly - of the honest, open demeanour
Please ensure your mate of the smarmy grin
Finds himself quite grinless at the conclusion of the contest

When people hate Collingwood they do so with respect
When people hate Carlton they just hate Carlton

So lads, you are tasked with a great responsibility...
To yourselves, your team mates, us supporters
Anyone who cares about fairness, revenge, justice - all the good stuff

Do it mercilessly
With grace
With style
With skill
With panache

JUST DO IT
YOU CAN
YOU MUST
THE GLORY IS THERE - GRAB IT - IT'S YOURS!

I can see us losing this one and getting smashed by BITCHMOND next week.
Oh well. It’s been a fun season to watch.
We get pick 10 in the draft.

Sure your a Collingwood supporter??

If you are, hate to see your comments when we aren't winning games of footy and playing finals.....

I can see us losing this one and getting smashed by BITCHMOND next week.
Oh well. It’s been a fun season to watch.
We get pick 10 in the draft.
Are you trying to antagonise people because the ‘dislike’ function has been removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back