Review Round 23 = Collingwood 100-124 Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Well beaten in the end. Their forward line is scary.
Cox did well and gave us a better look at winning the centre clearances.
Hopefully Murphy is OK.
Need to beat Essendon.
Get the big guns back and we are a good chance to go all the way.

Game day thread is a cesspool. This was a dead rubber, ffs. We were missing our 3 best players at a s*t ground that they play well and we don’t. Bring on the real stuff so we can smoke all these ****** pretenders.

First of all bullshit that’s 3/4 losses and two with a full squad - that’s all I’ll say tonight because I’m *en furious

I’ll tee off tomorrow from the long run!

A lot of us Collingwood supporters are delusional flogs.

100%. You can sit quietly confident sitting top, but our form line, star outs and gameplan that looks like it has cracks in late August is the complete opposite of what you want to be doing if you’re a genuine flag threat. This is the time to be ramping up.

Some must be forgetting that’s 3 losses in 4 weeks.

Melbourne in 2022 were 10-0, had won 17 straight and back end of the year looked exactly like us and flamed out in straight sets. It’s not looking good and I love this club.

Missing 4 of your most dynamic players certainly makes a difference. We probably still lose but it shows how exposed we are carrying slow players.

Would’ve preferred to win.

Missing arguably our 3 best players in N.Daicos, Moore and JDG, against a full strength Lions.

Playing on Marvel stadium no advantage at all.

Losing by 24, It’s about where we are at.

I will not mention the umpires… 😵‍💫

If we are to go deep in September, match committee will have to make some hard calls.

Hill/JDG/Moore/Daicos all need to be in this side on Prelim Final weekend - don’t think we can have all of Howe/Adams/Mitchell/WHE in this side. 2 of that 4 probably need to miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re guaranteed a home final unless Port win by 100+. We were never winning this.

Vintage performance from Pendles.

Cox kept us in it the moment he came in.

McStay silenced the haters, another solid performance
Ryan unfortunately goal assisted two Brisbane goals early. Poor selection choice. Butterfly effect makes me wonder how different it may have been with Cox as a starter and him as sub.
I was hoping he would only be a sub when he was named to debut.

Without arguably our 3 best players, plus one of our quickest and Murphy injured mid game, on a fast desk against a fast team. We also barely got out of second gear. Ideal circumstances for the bears.

Even putting personnel aside I reckon we’ve got a heap more improvement left in us compared to them. Hopefully we haven’t flirted with form too much and can put the pedal back down come finals.

First of all bullshit that’s 3/4 losses and two with a full squad - that’s all I’ll say tonight because I’m *en furious

I’ll tee off tomorrow from the long run!
Who ******* cares? We have clearly put the cue in the rack for the H&A. Lions had it all to play for tonight.

You do that… tee off from the longest run going around.

Ryan unfortunately goal assisted two Brisbane goals early. Poor selection choose. Butterfly effect makes me wonder how different it may have been with Cox as a starter and him as sub.

Well if he didn’t start then Brisbane wouldn’t have been gifted 3 easy goals in the first, that’s for sure.

We may have just lost by 1 if that was the case.

Ryan unfortunately goal assisted two Brisbane goals early. Poor selection choose. Butterfly effect makes me wonder how different it may have been with Cox as a starter and him as sub.
Yeah the young man looked lost and wasn’t ready, but he’ll come good

Look, I love the octane, high velocity pressure but it's cranked up far too high at the minute. Too many players are rushing the one player and we are getting absolutely torched on the rebound with fast handballs into space.

Teams are moving the ball far too quickly in transition against us.

How many times tonight did 3 or 4 players attempt to pressure the ball carrier and not influence the contest, allowing Brisbane a chain of handballs all the way down the field?

It's very worrisome heading into finals.

Tbh at this stage, we just have to pray the complete lack of intensity we've seen since the port game is because we're intentionally going in soft. Because if we bring the same defensive effort we brought tonight, we won't get anywhere near any finals team in September.

Bright spots were Pendles and Cox. Other than that, I can't remember caring about a game of footy less.

I hope they can flick the switch in September. Cos these games are getting ugly.

Lost three of our last four games, and easily beaten by Brisbane twice this year. I’m shattered. Trying to find something positive to say, but struggling. We needed to make a statement tonight and we didn’t. I know we had injuries but Brisbane could have won by a lot more. Hope hanging by a thread now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back