Review Round 24, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. St. Kilda

Who were your five best players against St. Kilda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Top two is an amazing result. Outside of accuracy and some Ill discipline, our game looked in healthy shape and ready for finals.

Lachie looks back to his best and you just know the week off will benefit us.

TOP TWO BABY!

good end to our season. dominated the game without kicking accurately

showed we can pull away like last week when threatened.

I promised myself halfway through the year to not watch a saints match as they are just unbelievably bad viewing... had to watch this I guess but glad its over.

We can still play so much better which is both a positive and a negative i suppose. Let’s hope for more of the positive stuff next month. Just wish we could cut those periods out of games where we completely fall asleep. Can’t happen in finals.

In regards to the game, I thought Berry and Wilmot were probably the only 2 who played at their best.

Reckon we got a few sore boys so for once I think the pre finals bye might help us more than other teams. Be nice to have a week off as a fan too if I’m honest.

Bit of a mess but Neale looked much better as did Payne and obviously we need both of them in good nick.

Really enjoyed Wilmot's game too, he's really coming into his own now. Kiddy and Joe had good games and I really like Berry's game.

Every single person on this board would have taken a Top 2 finish this season and we got it. How lucky are we.

Amazing job considering it wasn't a clean season, lost some rather poor games to lowly teams, the massive choke job against the Demons and then the Ashcroft injury put a real dampener on the season.

Still, we bounced back when many thought we were done (Myself included) and we've got ourselves back in a GF position.

We dominated the Saints tonight but sloppiness crept in with poor kicking and that ultimately caused a close finish but don't get it twisted, we dominated the game.

Port/Melbourne, not fussed. We'll beat either and we'll play the Pies in the Granny, 20 years on. Go Lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect lead in game to finals.

Lohman had me tearing my hair out , just needs some awareness . Which will come. I hope. I'm not one for having an inexperienced player as sub in games you need to win fwiiw.

Neale is a complete gun in pivotal moments.

Main takeaway is no injuries. Congrats to the team and all involved. We're in with a chance this year.

Just ran the numbers of Port beating Richmond 200 to 0 and they still fall short on percentage so it looks like 2nd is locked now :)

We kicked less than expected and they got pretty much on target ... of course we blew it away on scoreing potential ;)

Yay the win - rest up for the first final and come out ready to claw next game!

Last edited:
Back