Autopsy Round 24, 2023: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on the game in the OP, it's absolutely the kind of game we need to be winning to take the next step. Interstate genuine good team with plenty to play for.

The performance and the result were good, but to win premierships these are the kind of games we need to win.

And Mitch has the standard skill set for a contested beast - improve his kicking and he becomes top shelf.
We are at least 2 years off making even a PF.

Total Clearances:

Neale 10 ( I hope its not true that Steele was tagging him ).
Marshall 9
McInerny 8
Phillipou 4 Daniher 4
McLuggage 3, Coleman 3.
Wilmot 2, Rayner 2, Lyons 2, Dunley 2, Bailey 2, Steele 2, Crouch 2, Sinclair 2, Hayes 2.

Take Lachie Neale's excellent performance out of the picture, and they still beat us on clearances.
Centre clearances we were not so bad.

Contested possessions.

Neale 17
Marshall 16
McInerney 12
Daniher 11
Wilkie 9 McLuggage 9, Dunkley 9, Crouch 9
Wilmot 8, Steele 8, Sinclair 8, Gresham 8 , Coleman 8, Berry 8

I'm writing off this game.
Too many players off their game.

Will be better when we are up there again in four weeks.

How? Our midfield is way too weak. We can't rely on losing the midfield and winning the ball in the backline against top 4 teams.
Yep and if the administration have this same view of the list (that we can make a PF next year), then we’ll waste even more time topping up. And then repeat the cycle.

Mate - just give it a rest - your point of view on Sharman is crystal clear as it has been for months - we all get it - interested on your views on other players and issues - but Sharman - dead horse!
try not to get too wrapped around the axle on it, I'm just having a bit of fun, clearly love any player that pulls on the RW&B jumper.

glad you asked about my views on other players, if Jack Hayes can get going in the final we might win, his prototype would add a very important ingredient, it's a matter if he can find form quickly but is built for finals.

How? Our midfield is way too weak. We can't rely on losing the midfield and winning the ball in the backline against top 4 teams.

Steele and Crouch were not doing much against Brisbane.
If both of them can somehow play to their best , we are way way way way better than we were on Saturday.

Just on the game in the OP, it's absolutely the kind of game we need to be winning to take the next step. Interstate genuine good team with plenty to play for.

The performance and the result were good, but to win premierships these are the kind of games we need to win.

And Mitch has the standard skill set for a contested beast - improve his kicking and he becomes top shelf.
Agree - the beauty is I think this lad & his best mate Windy really want to be better - he will do the work!

No way, dare to dream though.

No, its true. We win the next two games and we're in a preliminary final. It's science.
Agree - the beauty is I think this lad & his best mate Windy really want to be better - he will do the work!
I agree - no doubt that Windy and Mitch will do the work required. Throw in Phillipou and one can get excited not just by the talent, but the work ethic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because we now have all our key forwards fit I’d like to see RTB mix it up a lot more in the guts, that’s why because of his exuberance I wouldn’t mind seeing Caminiti having a run through there. In his draft year this Draft Centrals comment stood out.

“Caminiti's clean hands extend further than his marking too. With good movement for his size, the 196cm talent is comfortable on the ball and looks to move it on quickly to runners passing by. He is able to contribute at ground level with composure and often proves quite unselfish inside 50, creating opportunities for others by hand and foot”

Total Clearances:

Neale 10 ( I hope its not true that Steele was tagging him ).
Marshall 9
McInerny 8
Phillipou 4 Daniher 4
McLuggage 3, Coleman 3.
Wilmot 2, Rayner 2, Lyons 2, Dunley 2, Bailey 2, Steele 2, Crouch 2, Sinclair 2, Hayes 2.

Take Lachie Neale's excellent performance out of the picture, and they still beat us on clearances.
Centre clearances we were not so bad.

Contested possessions.

Neale 17
Marshall 16
McInerney 12
Daniher 11
Wilkie 9 McLuggage 9, Dunkley 9, Crouch 9
Wilmot 8, Steele 8, Sinclair 8, Gresham 8 , Coleman 8, Berry 8
There was a crazy stat I saw on On the Couch or Daniel Hoyne's segment, can't remember exactly what it was. But it was essentially to do with nullifying Neale's influence at stoppage.
When he was kept quiet, the Lions winning record dropped significantly.

With that in mind i was surprised we didn't put Windy on him again after playing so well on him last year.

There was a crazy stat I saw on On the Couch or Daniel Hoyne's segment, can't remember exactly what it was. But it was essentially to do with nullifying Neale's influence at stoppage.

With that in mind i was surprised we didn't put Windy on him again after playing so well on him last year.

I know we had a home final up for grabs (got it anyway), but with the chance we could play them again, perhaps Ross wanted to keep a club in the bag.

Said the same thing before the match. When he runs free they win.

anyone want to chat about the elephant in the room.
Sure, why not.
Someone's gotta kick it off...
Look what you have is an infatuation with a Saints listed player.

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

We are all here for you

Sure, why not.

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

We are all here for you

Confusing feelings can get the best of them. No shame in his little infatuation. Probably gets erect nipples in his three-pane satin shirt and gets quite embarrassed out in public. FNQ folks throw people to the crocs for less obvious excitement.

Sure, why not.

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

We are all here for you
bit bored tonight Matrix?

Had to think when I might of said that and it was a whole two days ago, surely there are other enclaves on the internet you can stalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back