Autopsy Round 24, 2023: Brisbane v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the coach told him not to win some ball and not to attack the goals, he did a really good job then, just a shame the tactic didn’t win us the game.

The Brisbane tactic was for Andrew’s to help McKenna create drive of the half back…622m suggests it worked. So not sure Sharman being on the bottom of the stats sheet so he can provide some type of defensive mechanism worked all that well…not that I don’t believe you because as you say the coach told him to play that way.
Mate - just give it a rest - your point of view on Sharman is crystal clear as it has been for months - we all get it - interested on your views on other players and issues - but Sharman - dead horse!

Jesus when Hill has his bad game it is impossible to win. Yesterday was one of them and he just costs to many goals when he utensils up.

We were reluctant to go long without king. Time and time again we kicked short to a contest and turned it over. Good to see Hayes back but he struggled in the ruck. Still think he is best 22 and needed to support King. Clark just can’t cover ground fast enough which stands out in his defensive running.

As a team we struggled to read the flight of the ball all night.

The positive is that we put it to them playing average without King and losing battle for the second half. Kids will be better for a freshen up.

Jesus when Hill has his bad game it is impossible to win. Yesterday was one of them and he just costs to many goals when he utensils up.

We were reluctant to go long without king. Time and time again we kicked short to a contest and turned it over. Good to see Hayes back but he struggled in the ruck. Still think he is best 22 and needed to support King. Clark just can’t cover ground fast enough which stands out in his defensive running.

As a team we struggled to read the flight of the ball all night.

The positive is that we put it to them playing average without King and losing battle for the second half. Kids will be better for a freshen up.
I'm my view, it's good to see that we tried to not bomb it long, at stoppage we were trying to work the ball by hand to get a relief kick out to a free player and we did try to hit a lot of short kicks when players were under heat. We messed a few of them up, but I think that's how we needed to try and play to beat the Lions.

I'm a Hill fan, but I thought he was diabolical with his fumbling and errors yesterday😬

Steele is a major concern. That we have even got this far given his stinker of a season is a bit of a miracle.

How did we make finals a few years ago.... Jack Steele.
Why did we stop making finals ... Jack Steele.
Why did we make finals now. Mitch, Windy, and Nas.

Just on the game in the OP, it's absolutely the kind of game we need to be winning to take the next step. Interstate genuine good team with plenty to play for.

The performance and the result were good, but to win premierships these are the kind of games we need to win.

And Mitch has the standard skill set for a contested beast - improve his kicking and he becomes top shelf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back